IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 6 - Still Smug, Still Pregnant

happy atheist

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a peculiar turn of events. It's all very anti-climactic and strange. 

she did it to spite them all and because she wants the attention.   Not only that - she knew people magazine would pick it up 

Wow, love that People article...so informative :my_angel:...I can't imagine Jessica not catching hell (or heck?? Lol) for this.

It's like PEOPLE is saving face by putting out a teaser.  I'm sure that wasn't supposed to come out til tomorrow and they had a nice picture of the happy family.  Oh well, little did they know that Jessica Seewald would beat them to the punch. :)

I feel a bit differently. This is Jessa and Ben's child. As the parents they should have the right to decide how and when they share news of the birth with the general public. Ben's aunt seems to have taken that right away from them - I honestly wouldn't blame them if they are somewhat angry, but we can't know what they think right now.

Hopefully everything went well for mom and baby.  

everything you just said !!!!!!!

The people announcement made me lol. To me it seemed like they had to put something out quickly because of Jessica's posts. But I could be wrong. 

Besides the health of the baby and Jessa, the only two things anyone else outside of their family really cares about knowing is the sex (ginder) of the baby and the name.  As a first time mom, I'm sure Jessa was really looking forward to announcing the baby's arrival.  I kept my daughter's name a  secret until she was born because I didn't really care to hear anyone's opinion about it and no one ever has the balls to critique the name to your face after the baby is born. (it's amazing how people feel the need to give you negative commentary about the name you've chosen if the baby is still in utero).  I can't tell you how pissed off I would have been if one of my trusted friends or family members blabbed her name to everyone before I got the chance to share the news myself.  Jessa should have been able to release that information on her own timetable without worrying about her SIL leaking it to a gazillion people on the interwebs.  It was a shitty thing of her to do and it sucks even more because she's supposed to be the more "progressive" one, right?  And now, I think I see some pigs flying; I can't believe I'm feeling bad and sorry for Jessa. 

It's like PEOPLE is saving face by putting out a teaser.  I'm sure that wasn't supposed to come out til tomorrow and they had a nice picture of the happy family.  Oh well, little did they know that Jessica Seewald would beat them to the punch. :)

I think you're right. 

The people announcement made me lol. To me it seemed like they had to put something out quickly because of Jessica's posts. But I could be wrong. 

I don't think you're wrong it was an attempt to save face.  I think they had to get out the "official announcement" now that cats out of the bag.

This is all very surprising, although Jessa has been kind of odd throughout the pregnancy, like with the hinting at twins, no gender reveal, and making those awkward videos with Ben. Maybe they couldn't think of a way to announce the birth, or this is just another weird part of her pregnancy/birth saga.

What a beautiful ring! Congrats! 

I just got engaged 2 weeks ago in Yosemite!

Congratulations!! It's such an exciting time (sorry, season of life!) Let the planning begin :my_biggrin:

I think the People "article" is what journalism is nowadays - get SOMETHING out to say you were "first." Well, didn't happen.

I"m in journalism, so I can say that

I don't think you're wrong it was an attempt to save face.  I think they had to get out the "official announcement" now that cats out of the bag.

Especially since other sites were beginning to pick it up. I'm sure that Jessica Seewald did get a good talking to, it might have been genuine emotion on her part but it was selfish and almost like she wanted the attention for herself. Which is rude, Jessa carried the baby for all these months and she should have had the time to release it in whatever way she wanted. 

Especially since other sites were beginning to pick it up. I'm sure that Jessica Seewald did get a good talking to, it might have been genuine emotion on her part but it was selfish and almost like she wanted the attention for herself. Which is rude, Jessa carried the baby for all these months and she should have had the time to release it in whatever way she wanted. 

you should more props than jessica seewald 

. CONCEPTION BEHAVIOR

According to wives’ tales, the sex of the partner that was more aggressive at time of conception is the opposite sex of the baby.

see what did I tell you -

Finally. We can all sleep easier tonight knowing there is a new little fundie in the world. Seriously, I hope everything went well, and even if Jill annouces #2, she can be smug with her home birth.

Congratulations!! It's such an exciting time (sorry, season of life!) Let the planning begin :my_biggrin:

Thank you! I have no clue what I'm doing :my_huh: My fiance is trying to help at least.

Actually, of all the fake stuff and fake TLC lifestyle with their "reveal" parties and blown up B.S. over every little detail in their lives..  a new auntie being excited and sort of jumping up and down is probably the most real and refreshing thing that's happened around the Duggars in months.. years.   Who cares about People and all the other media.. let the new auntie be excited about her new family member.  Pretty sad people on Instagram are whacking her when she actually expressed normal emotions and feelings surrounding the news.

Even with normal, non-famous/"famous" people...it's just a crappy thing to announce the arrival of someone else's baby.

I think that in this day and age, it's just common courtesy to let the parents announce this stuff on social media. Most people I know...when they have the baby, family is all told right away. But then NO ONE says anything on social media until the parents themselves have mentioned it. After that is when aunts, grandparents, etc. start posting things about it.

Finally. We can all sleep easier tonight knowing there is a new little fundie in the world. Seriously, I hope everything went well, and even if Jill annouces #2, she can be smug with her home birth.

Someone on Pickles & Hairspray is saying she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance with a film crew following behind. Then said she couldn't remember where she heard it. And I haven't seen anything about that anywhere else. So let the insane rumour mill commence. 

Someone on Pickles & Hairspray is saying she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance with a film crew following behind. Then said she couldn't remember where she heard it. And I haven't seen anything about that anywhere else. So let the insane rumour mill commence. 

that would explaiin why we haven't heard anything if really happened 12 hours ago 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived