IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

You know, for the M-kids the J-slaves wouldn't be "sister-moms" but "auntie-moms" and the younger J-kids would not be "cousins" but aunts and uncles. This is what happens in these huge families, the generations get all mixed up.

I think that Anna leaving for a week or so is probably OK for the M-kids, but if it were to stretch out longer, I agree, the kids might feel deserted and confused.

My guess is she won't be away from the kids more than that, though. I just wish she were somewhere taking care of herself, not attending "family sessions" with Josh and/or having to sleep with him during a conjugal visit.

(RU says no visits until 45 days, but we don't know if he is really at RU and following their program. Some rehabs have "family week" around the fourth or fifth week. Many of them discharge the "client" shortly after that.)

Anyway, it looks as if our mystery has expanded from"where is Josh?" to "where is Anna?"

I wouldn't be concerned about Anna leaving the Ms with the Duggars if I thought she was jetting off to Florida/wherever for a good reason...but she's probably just being counseled by her parents to stay in a miserable marriage and submit to her husband. Ugh.

Does RU have conjugal visits??? If so, Anna should stay far away from Illinois. :hand:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to refrain from telling Anna what she should do, at least until she and Joshley resurface. I had a cheating husband, and I finally dumped him, but it was not a simple matter.

Moreover, I really, really, really wonder if Joshley will return to the marriage. Now that he's had recreational sex, without fear of pregnancy, he and Anna have to re-negotiate the terms of their marriage, because I can't see him fearing a pregnancy every time they have sex.

Josh is like the canary suffocating in a mineshaft. This cult in general, and Jim Bob and Michelle in particular, do not give kids what they need to thrive and develop as solid adults. Josh is the first to publicly buckle, but I believe there will be lots more.

I'm going to refrain from telling Anna what she should do, at least until she and Joshley resurface. I had a cheating husband, and I finally dumped him, but it was not a simple matter.

Moreover, I really, really, really wonder if Joshley will return to the marriage. Now that he's had recreational sex, without fear of pregnancy, he and Anna have to re-negotiate the terms of their marriage, because I can't see him fearing a pregnancy every time they have sex.

I think that if Josh makes it through "rehab," he will return to the marriage for at least a while because no other option will be offered in rehab. Josh has always liked to present himself as a success. The only way to "succeed" in fundie rehab is for him to return to his wife and family. If he finishes the program, he will come home in the guise of Newly Redeemed Sinner and milk his reconversion for all it is worth.

Of course, if he doesn't make it through rehab, if it gets to be too much trouble and restriction, he may decide to cut loose and reinvent himself. Then he would not return to Anna and kids.

That is possible, but I think it is more likely that he will return and father at least one more child before getting caught cheating or just getting fed up with family life and/or his father's control. It's really too bad, because it will just cause everyone more pain.

As for Anna, I agree with you that we need to respect that she may not be ready to leave.

Josh is like the canary suffocating in a mineshaft. This cult in general, and Jim Bob and Michelle in particular, do not give kids what they need to thrive and develop as solid adults. Josh is the first to publicly buckle, but I believe there will be lots more.

Such a good point. We've seen what happened to the Maxhells, the Jeubs, the Penningtons... Either the kidults cannot function in the real world, or they have to work extremely hard to break away. We've only had a few Duggars ripen into adulthood, with questionable results all around.

Time will tell, but I for one cannot WAIT to see what Josie's like in 20 years. For some reason, I suspect she's going to make cousin Amy look like a wallflower.

Such a good point. We've seen what happened to the Maxhells, the Jeubs, the Penningtons... Either the kidults cannot function in the real world, or they have to work extremely hard to break away. We've only had a few Duggars ripen into adulthood, with questionable results all around.

Time will tell, but I for one cannot WAIT to see what Josie's like in 20 years. For some reason, I suspect she's going to make cousin Amy look like a wallflower.

I just had a vision of her on the rider mower. Wearing a bikini and a Yankees cap.

I mean, if God does not have got the time to wait a bit, who should? (Besides, is not there a saying about the mills of God that grind slowly? So that would mean, it´s o.k. if God himself is rather slow with accomplishing what he wishes - but imperfect humans are expected to be so much faster, or else?!!! - Sorry, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. :cray-cray: )

Except that it's The mills of the Gods grind slow, but exceedingly fine. Which means that justice may be slow, but no one escapes. I gather that the Gods in question are of the Greek Pantheon, not the Hebrew one. . . . Sort of Mediterranean karma.

This is such a great analogy. The cult is crumbling around their ears. I think it would be better for everyone if they cut their losses now and moved into conservative Christianity. Will it happen? Probably not. And if it does, it will be awhile from now. I have a feeling that at the moment, they're just hunkering down and re-immersing themselves in the Kool-Aid.

I've been thinking about what kind of "lock-down" JB may put on Smugs once he returns from rehab. I think it's fairly unreasonable to think that he will be expected to live at the TTH considering he has a family of his own. I wonder if he will be expected to go "net free" from now on. We know how addicted he seems to be with the Internet now, I have a feeling they will try to use an "all or nothing" approach. (which won't work) I also think that having him get some sort of job to occupy his time will be a good idea, but is there room in the Duggar Real Estate Empire to employ another adult?

I can see JB giving Josh one of those TickTalk cell phones designed for kids that only allows you to send and receive calls from pre-approved numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new construction project starting on the Duggar compound soon. I think JB is going to want to keep Josh and Anna very close.

I've been thinking about what kind of "lock-down" JB may put on Smugs once he returns from rehab. I think it's fairly unreasonable to think that he will be expected to live at the TTH considering he has a family of his own. I wonder if he will be expected to go "net free" from now on. We know how addicted he seems to be with the Internet now, I have a feeling they will try to use an "all or nothing" approach. (which won't work) I also think that having him get some sort of job to occupy his time will be a good idea, but is there room in the Duggar Real Estate Empire to employ another adult?

What other choice does he have? He has little education and skills, and he's an embarrassment to anyone who hires him. I bet the Bates wouldn't even let him cut down trees. I guess he can go run a little car lot, I'm sure there would be some leghumpers, but a lot less than before.

He has five kids and a wife to take care of with no clear way to do it. This is a sad situation, and that has to be emasculating. Just think of his life six months ago, flying high at fancy parties with fancy people. It would be a lot for anyone to handle.

If Smugs allows his dad to put him in lock down after all this, it will be really sad and further proof that the kids are never allowed to leave and cleave. And it will prove that Smugs still doesn't see himself as an independent adult that must make his family (Anna and kids) his top priority- not his parents and siblings.

Can we re-visit the housing situations?

We know that Jill moved out of Stoneybrook house. We know that J&A bought the foreclosed house. We know that likely Jessa and Bin are still in Grandma's house.

So where does Jill plan to live while in the states? I wonder if Jill and Josh did a switcheroo. I wonder if Jill and Derick are "living" in the foreclosed house (when they are gone on mission trips, further construction and remodeling of the house can be done) and Anna went to the bigger Stoneybrook house since she has all the kiddos. Jill posted a pic a few days ago standing in front of a front door with a sign about her CNM. Can someone sleuth it and figure out what house it was?

I don't think there would be any plans to build any more houses at this time. Seems like everyone has a place for now and it's time to watch the pocketbooks since Josh isn't exactly working right now...

ETA: I think I over-did the thinking thing there. My theory really depends on if J&A paid cash in full for their house rather than a mortgage. If they had a mortgage, it seems silly to be switching houses. But I do wonder where Anna&Kids are living, and thus where Josh will be grounded to.

I can see JB giving Josh one of those TickTalk cell phones designed for kids that only allows you to send and receive calls from pre-approved numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new construction project starting on the Duggar compound soon. I think JB is going to want to keep Josh and Anna very close.

JB will likely continue to try to control every aspect of his children's lives, but it won't work. Josh learned from a very early age how to be sneaky. It was a form of self-preservation. For less than $50, he can purchase a cell phone at Wal-Mart and call and text anyone he wants. He's had more than a taste of freedom.

I think he will return to the fold of his family after he's completed his rehab (or whatever he is doing now) and give every appearance of being contrite, reformed, and fully committed to his marriage and his family's religious beliefs. But it will be a facade and underneath, he will be miserable and resentful, and eventually he'll start sneaking off once again. And if he ever lands a job where he earns his own money - money that JB has no control over -- I think he'll tell JB to go pound sand. As for Anna and the kids, he'll probably end up leaving them as well, since I think he doesn't really love Anna and he certainly doesn't want to have any more kids with her.

Is it possible, since IBLP HQ is moving to Big Sandy, that Josh & family would move there? The cost of living is much lower than Chicago. There must be jobs that don't involve interacting with women or children. I'm not suggesting they'd want him but I can imagine Jim Bob calling in some favors. Anna and the kids would have like-minded families around, Josh would be safely employed, and the rest of the Duggars could try to resurrect themselves in show biz.

eonline.com/news/697264/will-law-order-svu-take-on-ashley-madison-and-the-duggar-family-controversies

SVU might take on the Duggars and Ashley Madison in an episode. That's hilarious. I can just see Dim Bulb readying the lawyers.

eonline.com/news/697264/will-law-order-svu-take-on-ashley-madison-and-the-duggar-family-controversies

SVU might take on the Duggars and Ashley Madison in an episode. That's hilarious. I can just see Dim Bulb readying the lawyers.

I can't wait - Mariska Hargitay taking on a Jbob puppet.....

I can't wait - Mariska Hargitay taking on a Jbob puppet.....

I need lots of advance notice when this is going to air -- gotta find someone who has a tv, as this would be worth watching... :lol:

What other choice does he have? He has little education and skills, and he's an embarrassment to anyone who hires him. I bet the Bates wouldn't even let him cut down trees. I guess he can go run a little car lot, I'm sure there would be some leghumpers, but a lot less than before.

He has five kids and a wife to take care of with no clear way to do it. This is a sad situation, and that has to be emasculating. Just think of his life six months ago, flying high at fancy parties with fancy people. It would be a lot for anyone to handle.

It is indeed sad. I am no fan of Josh and thought him hypocritical and smug but that doesn't mean I can't see the very sad situation he, Anna and the M-kids are in.

I am sure when Josh landed his job at the FRC, he never thought he would come back to NWA in disgrace, never mind he engaged in behavior that brought it about.

He probably thought he was on his way to making it in the world, it was a stepping stone to bigger things to come, be it politics, lawyering, whatever.

Now here he is, in "rehab" with not a lot of options for life beyond. Naturally he's going to be directed toward returning to Anna all contrite and perhaps make a another attempt to live a life he doesn't seem to want. And it will fail because nothing will be resolved. I am not sure he realizes that he doesn't have to return to that life if he doesn't want it. It's going to be try harder, pray harder. I am with the other posters who believe he will come back only to mess up again. And it's going to be a lot harder.

We know that Jill moved out of Stoneybrook house. We know that J&A bought the foreclosed house. We know that likely Jessa and Bin are still in Grandma's house.

So where does Jill plan to live while in the states? I wonder if Jill and Josh did a switcheroo. I wonder if Jill and Derick are "living" in the foreclosed house (when they are gone on mission trips, further construction and remodeling of the house can be done) and Anna went to the bigger Stoneybrook house since she has all the kiddos. Jill posted a pic a few days ago standing in front of a front door with a sign about her CNM. Can someone sleuth it and figure out what house it was?

I don't think there would be any plans to build any more houses at this time. Seems like everyone has a place for now and it's time to watch the pocketbooks since Josh isn't exactly working right now...

ETA: I think I over-did the thinking thing there. My theory really depends on if J&A paid cash in full for their house rather than a mortgage. If they had a mortgage, it seems silly to be switching houses. But I do wonder where Anna&Kids are living, and thus where Josh will be grounded to.

It looks like the foreclosed house was told in August. We don't know if it was sold to someone in the family or not at this point, I don't think.

I also wondered about whose house that was in the Jill and Derick photo. It didn't look familiar.

Love this quote from the link above....

"With the Duggar one, it was like the double-whammy because it was his sisters and the fact—I mean, honestly, I feel like we're dealing with some topics this season that feel a bit meatier than some lunatic fringe family…I wouldn't mind doing one just because I have never been so infuriated with someone's level of hypocrisy, and lying, and then displacement of responsibility onto something else," Peter Scanavino, Detective Carisi on the show, said. "When I think about that guy, it boils my blood, I will say."

Jill posted a pic a few days ago standing in front of a front door with a sign about her CNM. Can someone sleuth it and figure out what house it was?

I think the decorated door is the back door of the Duggar house. (The door that goes from the "kiss&cry room" to the gravel area outside where all the Duggar cars are parked.)

Go to the youtube video link below and just 39 seconds in, you will see the door from the inside as DQ is working out. It looks just like the door in Jill's instagram post that was decorated.

It looks like the foreclosed house was told in August. We don't know if it was sold to someone in the family or not at this point, I don't think.

I also wondered about whose house that was in the Jill and Derick photo. It didn't look familiar.

I honestly think J&A sold the house to Jill and Derick! They were just renting the Stoneybrook house, correct? My hypothesis is they sold it to Jill and Derick, and perhaps Anna and the kids (and eventually Josh) will rent the Stoneybrook house from JB.

I see someone already posted about Law & Order: SVU. When the whole thing with Josh broke, I had wondered aloud on here if Law & Order might tackle the subject and got mixed reactions. They've had previous episodes about uber-religious families with secrets. I'm glad to see they're not afraid to back away from this. I really hope it comes to fruition.

We keep discussing who kept sold moved into which house, and all I'm thinking is "Gah! All that moving must suck!" I've moved way too much in my life (including when I was growing up) and so to just think about the fact that they have to pack up all that crap and move it..ugh...then again, I do not have 18 siblings that would basically do it for me, so I guess moving to them is more like a family fun day. *moving rant over* :D

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived