IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

Yes! That was the weirdest thing to me as well. They have a giant house and workshop with plenty of areas to film a talking head segment. Why did JB have to discuss purity and his own dating "mistakes" in the girls' room?

Didn't he once say it's his favorite room of the house? I'm more concerned as to why there is a framed picture of JB in his teen years in the girls bedroom. (not from these videos, but someone did a screen cap a few months ago in another thread.) I really don't understand that and find it extremely creepy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he once say it's his favorite room of the house? I'm more concerned as to why there is a framed picture of JB in his teen years in the girls bedroom. (not from these videos, but someone did a screen cap a few months ago in another thread.) I really don't understand that and find it extremely creepy.

I remember the episode where they redid the bedroom - JB was the one who was the most upset about the changes.

Wow. That video. They are like children (esp Priscilla).

But man, Smuggar kind of made this look like, "Yeah, right I'm on board with this. Not really."

Oh wow, I completely forgot about that. Instead of teen heart throb posters, they get a framed pic of their creepy father. Those poor girls! :-(

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Can't they at least have a framed pic of Jesus?

Of course not. Jesus is a rock star. He had lots of friends, went to weddings and brought the wine, hung out with the poor, sick and prostitutes, and actually cared about others. What if seeing Jesus' picture makes them want to be more like him? Chaos may ensue.

I do think it's interesting that fundies don't seem to spend a lot of time talking about Jesus' or his acts. I think he isn't considered hardcore enough for him. He is likely too liberal for them.

I think it was one of those "silent" miscarriages super early into the pregnancy. On someone who doesn't pee on the stick every month, they probably would have assumed it was a late period type thing. So maybe it didn't affect her getting pregnant with Michael soon after.

FTW, I dont know anything about pregnancy and miscarriage, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If it was a super early miscarriage it probably wouldn't affect getting pregnant again quickly. When we were trying for baby#2 I got a faint positive test a few days before my period was due. It was faint but definitely there. The next day the line was gone and a few days later I got my period. If I hadn't tested that day, I never would have known. The very next month I got pregnant with my now 4 month old.

Also didn't Anna have a miscarriage Mac too or am I imagining that?

I've heard that 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage but most are so early that it goes unnoticed. If Anna tests a lot she might be noticing more.

If it was a super early miscarriage it probably wouldn't affect getting pregnant again quickly. When we were trying for baby#2 I got a faint positive test a few days before my period was due. It was faint but definitely there. The next day the line was gone and a few days later I got my period. If I hadn't tested that day, I never would have known. The very next month I got pregnant with my now 4 month old.

I've heard that 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage but most are so early that it goes unnoticed. If Anna tests a lot she might be noticing more.

I think the situation you described is exactly what happened to Anna between Mac and Michael. I do not remember any other miscarriages, though.

At least Jesus is technically available...

But why, why, WHY was JB interviewed in the girls' bedroom while talking about sexual purity???????? :pink-shock:

Did JB suggest it? Or did the the film crew suggest it?

JB: Repulsive :ew:

Film crew: Manipulative and replusive. "Let's film him in the room where he keeps his stable of pure daughters."

I had to watch the video without sound since I'm at work but it was a great way to concentrate on body language. Smugger is beyond smug in his clips. Not to mention at the end when Anna is talking his facial expression and nodding along reads like, "Yup, that's what we're supposed to do, yup." while seeming like he doesn't buy into it. Also, I see that Becky Keilan was the chaparone for the Pecan Thiefs and how warmly Pris hugged her. She looks much different in the clips from 3 yrs later when she chaperoned for her brother and Michael. She aged but in a good way, and dressed much better. Did she drift to fundie lite?

Sadly, I think you are correct. Dont forget, next year is a big election year and the Duggars cant help themselves. They'll curse any candidate they touch but they will involve themselves anyway. They'll pull that bus around and prod pregnant Jill, Anna, and Jessa (and possibly another woman who marries a Duggar) right along.

It would be hilarious if the Duggars tried to campaign for a candidate and that candidate gave them the stiff arm. Now I know Huckabee will welcome them, because Huckabee has done lost what little mind he ever had. Ben Carson is religious, but he's black so the Duggars won't want to campaign for him. (He could be a secret Muslim!)

I can't see them tagging along after Jeb!. No way for Carly Fiorina because she's a woman and shame on her for trying to compete with the men. Chris Christie would have no patience for this family. Maybe they'll tag along after Ted Cruz. I'm drawing a bit of a blank on the other 50 Republicans currently in the race.

Whoa Nellie! How could I have forgotten about The Donald? I would so enjoy seeing the Duggars lined up next to Donald Trump, and JimBob getting repeatedly interrupted by Trump whenever he tries to speak. That would be hilarious. Donald Trump could repeat how he "loves Evangelicals" and "loves the bible!", make some creepy remarks about how pretty the girls are, and then dismiss them and forget them.

I would never vote for Trump but I would go to any event where he interacts with the Duggars and they have to sit and listen to him drone on. Trump and Jim Bob can have a battle of the hairspray. Can you imagine them meeting his wife Melania? She is Nike even when she is all covered up. No way the Duggar boys will be able to take their eyes off of her. Can you imagine Jim Bob bragging about his kids to the Donald? Maybe he can tell Trump how he raised Ivanka wrong since she is smart, educated, very well spoken and a real businesswoman. I would love to put Ivanka and Jessa in a room together? Now I know what I want for Christmas.

Sometimes a woman can conceive again quickly even after a late miscarriage. I lost a baby at 20 weeks and was pregnant again within very few weeks and had a successful pregnancy. It was so quick it felt like a 14 month pregnancy.

I know Anna's wasn't that late - just making the point that you can't rule out a fast conception regardless of circumstances. After all how many families have lots of Irish twins (besides mine)? Sometimes the body takes a while and other times it's good to go before it's healed from it's last little occupant.

JOSH ON THE MERRY GO ROUND! (fast forward to about 1:15)

That's gonna need the brain bleach, after this whole AM thing....

I would never vote for Trump but I would go to any event where he interacts with the Duggars and they have to sit and listen to him drone on. Trump and Jim Bob can have a battle of the hairspray. Can you imagine them meeting his wife Melania? She is Nike even when she is all covered up. No way the Duggar boys will be able to take their eyes off of her. Can you imagine Jim Bob bragging about his kids to the Donald? Maybe he can tell Trump how he raised Ivanka wrong since she is smart, educated, very well spoken and a real businesswoman. I would love to put Ivanka and Jessa in a room together? Now I know what I want for Christmas.

OOOH Me too!!!

Ahahahaha! When Anna is like "they have it on there" about kissing videos on YouTube, and Josh laughs and saves face like "exactly!" I get the feeling he knew full well and was playing pure.

I almost forgot about those brown polos.

What the actual fuck was that all about! I'll never be able to get near a merry-go-round again without visualizing this clip.

:ew:

And there we see why we shoud all court insted of date because it's so successful . :shifty-kitty:

No politician is going to be dumb enough to let the Duggars within a mile of them now.

What about Huckabee?

They'll stillbe vocal about their opinions, even if the politician doesn't want to be associated with them. Even when Josh re-emerges from wherever he's been, they're still going to keep talking about family values and how it's the atheists and the gays who are destroying the American family. :roll:

What the actual fuck was that all about! I'll never be able to get near a merry-go-round again without visualizing this clip.

And did my eyes deceive me, or did it look like Josh went in for a kiss but Anna backed away at the last second?! :penguin-no:

I can't see the Duggars going for Trump. Didn't he fund the Miss Universe pagent? Too much Nike there! They'll stick with what they know, which is Huckabee.

But back to that clip, Poor Anna was so awkward "We talked about that special time, which is....special." I wonder how many strip clubs Smugger hit before he married her? :lol:

No politician is going to be dumb enough....

I'm sorry, did you say something after the quoted bit? I was guffawing too loudly, and I might have missed it. :lol:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived