IGNORED

Lyndsie has died 'A Love Worth Waiting For

Milly-Molly-Mandy

A blogger talked about a prayer event for the Brookers that was on August 17th.

aheapeoflove.com/2015/08/prayersforlyndsie/

#prayersforLyndsie

17 Aug ’15

If you know Lyndsie Brooker, you know she’s not only beautiful (inside and out) but a vessel for the Lord. She’s one of the bravest and most encouraging women I’ve ever met. A friend, sister, daughter, wife, and mother, Lyndsie is battling cancer for the 4th time in her 28 years of life. What began as ovarian cancer has consumed her body and is now in her lungs, stomach, and bones.

Today I had the privilege of joining a prayer conference call to pray for Lyndsie. It was by far one of the most inspirational things I’ve ever been a part of. For over an hour, we prayed continuously for Lyndsie. Crying out to the Lord, thanking Him for her salvation, her life, the 3 times He’s healed her of cancer, her husband, her children, and the lives changed by her story. Prayers were lifted for her strength, her healing, her willingness to keep fighting. We weeped for the Lord to be honored through Lyndsie and asked that no matter what, He receive the glory. We desperately begged for the Lord to heal her, but acknowledged His goodness, if not.

I come to you today – heartbroken – asking you to pray for Lyndsie. Tonight, we are inviting everyone to drop by the old public library (behind Sherwood Baptist Church) from 7-9 PM. It’ll be a time to get on our knees in prayer, lifting up Lyndsie to the Ultimate Healer, the only one that can make her body whole again. We will be crying out for a miracle, in the name of Jesus. If you don’t live in the Albany area or can’t make it, pray at home or on the road!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was expecting this news eventually since hearing that she had relapsed once (twice?) more. It made me much sadder than I expected, though. I can only imagine how her loved ones feel. :(

I think she relapsed only once. Back in 2011, she said on her first blog that she still had cancer cells in her body. The relapse happened last year, an FJer found Facebook posts, in which Lyndsie was communicating with a guy who said that he naturally healed his own cancer. It seemed that Lyndsie was following that guy's advice for awhile and wasn't doing chemo or anything else up until earlier this year.

I think she relapsed only once. Back in 2011, she said on her first blog that she still had cancer cells in her body. The relapse happened last year, an FJer found Facebook posts, in which Lyndsie was communicating with a guy who said that he naturally healed his own cancer. It seemed that Lyndsie was following that guy's advice for awhile and wasn't doing chemo or anything else up until earlier this year.

Her friend's write up says she had four struggles with cancer.

Aww jeez so sad for the kids to lose their mother and for Lyndsey to pass so young. Agree with Treemom I can't believe in a God that can give someone like Donald Trump a golden life and deal a shit hand to someone like Lyndsey.

I never got too much into Lindsey, for whatever reason. But no one deserves cancer. I don't know how God people reconcile their belief in a loving God when 18 year olds have to go through menopause and die young, while George Zimmerman can walk around bragging.

It's so unfair. Cancer can be such a ruthless monster.

I feel so sad about this as we had emailed a few times when she was trying to adopt and she was the loveliest kindest person.

See, this is why I just don't believe there's a god. Very, very sad. Way too young.

I would like it known I did NOT put 'Lazy Lyndsie' in the title and have always been against her being called that and actually complained about it to the mods.

I am not impressed it has been changed without my approval especially as I was so anti the nickname.

That is all.

My heart is aching for Daniel and the kids and also hope that the thread title can be changed out of respect. I think it's enough that she's confirmed by the "nickname" within the thread.

Her family will be in my thoughts.

I'm a little uncomfortable with it given the context of the thread.

I agree. In the Joshly Madison threads, I have kept writing that FJ is a group of compassionate and caring members, regardless of a collective belief in a particular religion. We may not agree with anything Lyndsie wrote or stood for, but I think it's safe to assume we all feel sad that her two young kids are left without a mom.

No matter what we thought of her, I think we should offer her kids a certain amount of respect and not refer to their mom as "Lazy" anything. Just my $0.2.

If someone flags one of these posts a mod will see it and hopefully change the title.

I think changing the thread title was in extremely poor taste.

Lyndsie and her family don't deserve that. It also strikes me as very unfair to the OP, as it makes it appear that she wrote something she didn't.

If someone flags one of these posts a mod will see it and hopefully change the title.

Heck, I hate the "someone should do it" thing. If you feel that way then do it yourself. :shrug:

That said, I'm flagging my own post because I'm also uncomfortable with the change of title. It seems wrong. I never liked calling her Lazy Lyndsie either

This is so sad. A young mother of two has lost her battle with cancer. My thoughts are with her children, husband and family

That does not mean I cannot defend FJ's criticism in the past of Lyndsie and Daniel's decision to adopt given her prognosis, nor the entitled Fundie attitude to adoption that they portrayed.

Nor should Lyndsie's sad death distract from the honest discussions of the dynamics and processes of adoption (Fundie or otherwise) in this and many other threads. It is a thorny area and should be discussed openly and candidly.

Heck, I hate the "someone should do it" thing. If you feel that way then do it yourself. :shrug:

Generally I agree. But in this case I thought it best that someone with strong feelings about it be the one to flag it -- I didn't know if perhaps the mod would contact them to ask for context.

I do prefer that it be changed back, but I'm not the one with strong feelings about it. I mentioned it just in case some posters didn't realize that posts could be flagged in that way.

Again, in general, I agree with the "if it bugs you, do it yourself."

Generally I agree. But in this case I thought it best that someone with strong feelings about it be the one to flag it -- I didn't know if perhaps the mod would contact them to ask for context.

I do prefer that it be changed back, but I'm not the one with strong feelings about it. I mentioned it just in case some posters didn't realize that posts could be flagged in that way.

Again, in general, I agree with the "if it bugs you, do it yourself."

I agree with you, and it was nothing personal. You made a very good suggestion.

As I do have pretty strong feelings about it, I did it. May the wrath of the FJ TPTB fall on my head. :mrgreen:

I wish people would be more proactive, I suppose, but that wasn't aimed at you.

It wasn't a huge risk for me to flag it and ask for a change. The mods will make their own decision on the thread title. I'll cope if they disagree.

I completely agree about the ammendment of the original post title. It isn't snark,it's disrespectful at this point. And, Milly-Molly-Mandy -- It's clear you didn't add it when you started the post. I'd ask mods to please remove it.

This is very sad. I hate to hear that someone so young lost her life (cancer is such a bitch). My condolences to her family and friends at this difficult time.

This demonstrates though why adoption agencies are so strict on health requirements for adoptive parents. Those poor little kids suffered the loss of their birth parents not long ago and now they have to suffer yet another loss. That has to be hard on them. I hope Daniel makes sure they get the couciling they need to deal with this newest heart break.

Along with Lyndsie's children, I also worry about the 4 (I think it was 4) children her mom has recently adopted. They were already going through such a transition, and I believe Lyndsie was living with her parents (probably so they could help with her care) for the last several months. I can't imagine how they must feel... :( Watching Lyndsie go through the final months of her life and then having their new mom enduring the deepest form of grief a person could ever face....it's just tragic all they way around.

I was the one who asked whether this Lyndsie was the same as "lazy Lyndsie" (I had nothing to do with the title change)

I asked because I couldn't believe the outpouring of sympathy was for the same woman who was so roundly criticized and mocked just a year ago. I just did a quick search, and all the posts mocking her are still there.

People wrote how she "spackled" on makeup, and mocked her because her friend put up an online donation on her behalf. She was laughed at for dozens of other reasons as well.

It seemed a huge turnabout to suddenly say, "Aw what a shame."

Maybe she wasn't lazy at all. Maybe she was just terminally ill.

Whether or not she should've adopted is another question. But I believe the birthmother who came on FJ said that Lyndsie was honest with her about the cancer. If that's the case, then its up to the birthmother to ask questions and make a decision.

I don't really think it is my role to tell a birthmother what to do with her own child. That is very infantilizing and condescending to birth mothers. Better to respect and support a birthmother's choice.

All those ugly things that were said about Lyndsie and her family. . . I hope Lyndsie did not read them.

Hisley, people here did snark about her makeup and that she fundraised to adopt but it was never malicious snark and I think we are all mature enough to know the difference between gossiping/snarking about someone who was (then) in remission and now who is tragically dead at 28.

Also I flagged the mods about the title change.

I don't care if they disagree with me but I started this thread and I don't want a nickname I find so repulsive under my name. I'm pretty pissed off about it actually.

Archived