IGNORED

Lyndsie has died 'A Love Worth Waiting For

Milly-Molly-Mandy

I don't think Hisey has a point at all. You really wouldn't feel sad if someone you disliked died tragically? There was this very bitchy woman who went to church with me at one point who died of cancer a couple of yeas ago. I couldn't stand her, but it was still sad and tragic when she died like that. Hell, a local politician who I didn't particularly care for died and I felt sad about it. I had never met the man, thought he was a jerk, but it was still sad that he died relatively young and left behind a grieving family. Nobody deserves that, no matter how much I don't like them.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How tragic and poor kids who are under five and has already lost two mothers. I hope the family will get proper help for how to help the kids deal with this, not just praying.

Read through the thread. It seems that way, considering the depth of emotion in a few posts relative to context, which is, these people are perfect strangers to most of us.

i don't think we're reading the same thread. at least, from your response it seems that way. i haven't seen any sackcloth-and-ashes type of posts, just a bunch of "that's sad" and "i feel for her family", "how tragic" and the like. that's not deep grieving.

and regarding hisey's post (i think it was hisey, forgive me if i'm wrong), i never knew a whole lot about her, but from what i've read, i think it was wholly irresponsible of her to adopt with her medical history. it really sucks when you want a family so bad, but you have to consider what the children will go through when your 3 time recurring cancer comes back. it did, and this time she didn't beat it, and now she's left behind two kids. i feel for them, i feel for her husband and her family, and i think it's very sad she died the way she did (at my age, no less). but that still doesn't change my mind about her.

humans are capable of complex emotions and the ability to hold multiple beliefs at once. so my ability to think of her the way i did when i first read about her is not incompatible with feeling sorry that the inevitable happened. these feelings exist simultaneously with no problem.

I won't even lie. I thought about it off and on throughout the day yesterday. This is a 28 year old woman and her life has been cut short. Regardless of any FJ snark, I don't think she was a vile person. She just didn't come across that way to me. I think cancer took a lot of her dreams and she was desperately trying to live a "normal" life. I think she probably wanted to believe that if she pressed on and clicked off all the boxes (getting married, adopting children), cancer somehow wouldn't come back and take her. Do I agree with her choice to adopt those babies? Honestly, no...it's not something I would have done. But you know what- I don't think she did it with bad intentions. I think she honestly thought they would have better lives for being together, and I don't think she truly believed she would leave them behind. I think she thought they would all get their "happily ever after". Sadly, cancer doesn't work that way. :(

Lyndsie has a mother who will grieve her for the rest of her life. She has a husband who has lost his wife. She has 2 children who are now motherless. That's tragic and heartbreaking....it just is. It left me feeling very sad for their family. If that makes me weird, then I guess I just am. A little sensitivity is called for...thankfully the OP recognized that and posted accordingly. It's just unfortunate that mods took the liberty to edit the post (without as much as notating that they had edited it).

I think one of the big reasons people come here to read, write, and snark is that we care about what is being done to these people in the name of religion. We care that their kids aren't being properly educated, the girls are subjugated and raised to be a doormat, the physical and emotional abuse that many endure, and little to no means of escaping.

I would be shocked if people here weren't sad that Lyndsie died. Not grieving- but experiencing the emotion of sadness and moving on with their day.

humans are capable of complex emotions and the ability to hold multiple beliefs at once. so my ability to think of her the way i did when i first read about her is not incompatible with feeling sorry that the inevitable happened. these feelings exist simultaneously with no problem.

Well said.

This is a snark site. We snark. Everyone we snark on is going to pass away at some point, but that doesn't mean we sit here hoping for their untimely passing or painful death.

Yes, she wore a lot of makeup and was made fun of for it. Yes, she asked for donations for her adoptions when she would not (or could not) work. Yes, in hindsight the 'lazy' title was probably unfair. She was obviously an ill woman and maybe could not work. However, at the time she was portraying herself as young and healthy and ready to take on the demands of parenting. Clearly she wasn't as well as she thought or hoped.

My first response in this thread was "how tragic" which is more or less representative of the outpouring of sympathy for Lyndsie and her family. And it is tragic- we have a 28 year old woman whose short life was filled with surgeries and chemotherapy appointments, a young widower, two children who have lost their mother, and parents who have lost their daughter. It is shocking to me that anyone could think that we wouldn't recognize these losses, or that we felt she somehow deserved this outcome, just because we snarked about how she wore a lot of makeup and didn't hold down paid employment.

The obit from the funeral home:

"Evans, GA - Our beautiful Lyndsie has left her pain and suffering behind and is now in Heaven...running and dancing and singing praises to our Heavenly Father!

Our hearts are completely broken and lonely beyond anything we have ever known, but our faith in our gracious and loving Heavenly Father is stronger and more real than at any other time in our lives. We have seen with our own eyes what the power of God looked like in her precious life and have now seen with our own eyes God's all-consuming love and power in her death.

We have experienced the presence of God in such a real way that we will never be the same.

We will continue to honor Lyndsie by sharing her beautiful story of faithfulness to God and her love for others and honor the Lord by sharing His message of salvation and grace with all who will listen.

Thank you to everyone who has loved on our sweet Lyndsie and encouraged her along the way. She felt your love and prayers every day.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 PM on Monday, August 31, 2015 at Abilene Baptist Church with Pastor Stephen Kendrick officiating. Burial will follow at Westover Memorial Park.

The family will receive friends on Sunday, August 30, 2015 from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM at the funeral home.

In lieu flowers we ask that you honor Lyndsie by meeting a need in someone's life.

Romans 8:38-39"

How tragic and poor kids who are under five and has already lost two mothers. I hope the family will get proper help for how to help the kids deal with this, not just praying.

Same here.

What a sad end to a life cut so short. I don't know hair nor hide about Lyndsie, but that doesn't mean I can't feel empathy for her friends and family. Love and loss are universal. In my opinion, it is plausible to grieve for a stranger, or someone we know of, but haven't met. Call me cray, but I will be grieving the loss of Fmr. President Carter when cancer takes his life. And were I still in GA, I would show my respects at the procession or visit him as he lies in state.

What a sad end to a life cut so short. I don't know hair nor hide about Lyndsie, but that doesn't mean I can't feel empathy for her friends and family. Love and loss are universal. In my opinion, it is plausible to grieve for a stranger, or someone we know of, but haven't met. Call me cray, but I will be grieving the loss of Fmr. President Carter when cancer takes his life. And were I still in GA, I would show my respects at the procession or visit him as he lies in state.

Omg, me freakin' too!!! I get teary just thinking about it- especially for Rosalind. I rarely post or respond to anything political or religious on facebook because I just don't have the time and energy to engage with people that won't listen to reason. But a few weeks ago, the wife of my former pastor posted that she had no doubt the cancer was God's way of punishing Jimmy Carter for endorsing gay marriage and leaving the SBC. I almost had a stroke. It was one of the few times I felt enraged enough to respond. She didn't write anything back, but several of her friends and members of my former church did- completely agreeing with her and to tell me I'd lost my way.

I'm still pissed off about it.

Yes, part of my point. These fundies who are snarled on here at FJ become celebrities to those in this site.

Am I the only one who finds it creepy how fundies have to turn personal tragedy into an infomerical for the Glories of God ?

Yes, part of my point. These fundies who are snarled on here at FJ become celebrities to those in this site.

Not seeing what President Carter has to do with the fundies on this site. The comments on Lyndsie have been basic human empathy. Could you give an example of the "grieving" you're claiming to have seen?

These fundies who are snarled on here at FJ become celebrities to those in this site.

What? I really haven't seen any evidence of that at all. Unless you think that because you see them as celebrities yourself. :shrug:

Thank you to the mods for changing the title of this thread back to the original version. :)

Quote snipped

The obit from the funeral home:

In lieu flowers we ask that you honor Lyndsie by meeting a need in someone's life.

This is beautiful response to a tragedy.

I think it's sad when anyone dies, especially if they have young children who will now grow up without a mother.

Yes, it's unfortunate that she died, but we knew she was going to, sooner rather than later. Honestly, she should have been called "Selfish Lyndsie" since she adopted two children, even though she knew her health was quite unstable.

Fjers will note her death however each individual wishes to, but let's not forget that two children are now motherless, who didn't have to be.

By adopting, Lyndsie met a need in her own life, not in someone else's life.

Being the Bitch in the room, I'm also not surprised she died. I'm more sorry about the kids and the way she treated the first mothers than I am about Lyndsie.

Maybe I am too new here to fully understand what is being discussed, but I don't necessarily see an increased awareness of the existence of a particular person as equivalent to seeing them as some type of celebrity or as feeling I have some sort of connection or personal relationship to that person. It is more just a function of human nature in my mind. For example, about a year ago one of my local Ma and Pa shops was unexpectedly closed for a day. It turns out that the owner's wife had died. I had never even thought about or met the owner much less any family he might have (although I learned most of the employees were family). Nonetheless, hearing of a mother in her 30s losing a battle against a long term illness did sadden me. More to the point, it had a greater impact on me due to the peripheral kind of connection she had to my life. It isn't that I think I knew her or felt she was a celebrity at all and she clearly would have been unaware of my existence. Despite all that, it did have a greater impact on me that it would had were that peripheral connection not there.

I know nothing of this wife and mother outside of what I have read in this thread. I personally put off having children in order to pursue higher education and to establish my career, then chronic illness struck in my mid thirties. For me, the appropriate decision was to decide not to have children as I am simply incapable of being the type of mother I feel every kid deserves.

Reading this thread, I am greatly saddened by the tragic loss of a very young wife, mother and daughter to this beast of an illness. That feeling is not inconsistent with any thoughts or feelings I am experiencing with regards to what I consider to be some poor choices she made that may have negative repercussions for the kids involved here.

I agree that this is a beautiful response in the face of a tragic loss. I will be sure to honor this young mother and her family in this way this week.

Mods thank you for changing back the title.

Koala, I agree. Maybe she was so desperate to put cancer behind her she rushed things (adopting) and wanted to believe so desperately God had cured her for a reason and wouldn't be so cruel to bring the cancer back.

Her poor little babies.

Also don't think there is evidence she treated the birth mothers badly, just she was a insensitive in navigating a very tricky situation as a young 23/24 year old with limited life experience. She was truly apologetic as per Sunny & Sunny moved on and forgave her.

Hell i am sure we all behaved the wrong way unintentionally sometimes. It doesn't make us a bad person.

!  {TEXT1}:
We change subjects on threads all the time. We have reasons for doing this and it will continue to happen.

It's sad that Lyndsie has passed away, but on FJ, she is known as Lazy Lyndsie, so it's not unusual that a thread about her would be labeled that way.

She was given that moniker for a reason. A reason, which newer members may not fully understand the history of. The horse has been out of the barn for YEARS regarding google and her being referred to as Lazy Lyndsie here on FJ.

I'm sure she was probably a nice person. That doesn't erase the fact that she acted extremely entitled and IMO a little creepy during the Aubrey 1 failed adoption and the other things that we talked about here.

Labeling the thread in a recognizable manner so that people can find the information in a search is not a sign of disrespect. No one said anything about thread titles being disrespectful when Zsu was going through a tricky twin pregnancy or when people have had miscarriages or any other tragic circumstances.

I don't know what is going on here lately, but people have been losing their minds of late. We have people wishing terminal illness and anal rape on people. We have people going to the Ken Alexander School of Statistical Analysis and stating they know facts that they can't possibly know.

I get the Duggars are making everyone crazy. The threads are moving fast. It's hard to keep up and it's frustrating. Let's not turn into *that* site though, please.

We have always been better than that and I'd like us to stay that way!

[mod=Curious]We change subjects on threads all the time. We have reasons for doing this and it will continue to happen.

It's sad that Lyndsie has passed away, but on FJ, she is known as Lazy Lyndsie, so it's not unusual that a thread about her would be labeled that way.

She was given that moniker for a reason. A reason, which newer members may not fully understand the history of. The horse has been out of the barn for YEARS regarding google and her being referred to as Lazy Lyndsie here on FJ.

I'm sure she was probably a nice person. That doesn't erase the fact that she acted extremely entitled and IMO a little creepy during the Aubrey 1 failed adoption and the other things that we talked about here.

Labeling the thread in a recognizable manner so that people can find the information in a search is not a sign of disrespect. No one said anything about thread titles being disrespectful when Zsu was going through a tricky twin pregnancy or when people have had miscarriages or any other tragic circumstances.

:agree:

Archived