IGNORED

Is hell a good representation of Romans 12:21?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Is hell a good representation of Romans 12:21?

God cannot create good people who will not sin. A slight glitch in God’s creative technique that believers attribute to his giving us free will. Out our free will does not include our ability to choose not to sin. This is obvious as we are told that we are all born sinners and that all of us are condemned because of this glitch. If even one of us could not sin, we would all know about it.

While reading, I came across this verse. Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell is not usually considered a good thing.

Further, we are told that we are to emulate God in all ways. Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If this is so, should we, in seeking to be as perfect as God, ignore Romans 12:21 and do as God does and return evil for evil?

If God does not follow his own good advice, does that mean that we do not need to either?

Should we be following Romans 12:21 and ignoring Matthew 5:48 or following Matthew 5:48 and ignoring Romans 12:21. Clearly we cannot follow both as they are contradicting each other.

Should God return good for evil or should he return evil for evil?

Regards

DL

:lol:

OMG, I love that you just pop back in every few months to spam/troll us.

You really do think highly of yourself, you sexist bastard. 8-)

aw, and here i was thinking gcb had forgotten all about us.

aw, and here i was thinking gcb had forgotten all about us.

Look at the intelligence level of the conversations to date and you need not wonder why I let this site slip in my memory.

Look at the intelligence level of the conversations to date and you need not wonder why I let this site slip in my memory.

lol you so funny, gcb.

lol you so funny, gcb.

i kno rite?

k, gcb, i wanna here moar about ur amazing ideas!!1!!1 lol

ur so grate

Regards

DL

Who is DL, Gnostic Christian Bishop? :wink-penguin:

I gave you a "like" because your posts always give me a chuckle. Too bad your timing is so unfortunate. :shakehead2:

Who is DL, Gnostic Christian Bishop? :wink-penguin:

I gave you a "like" because your posts always give me a chuckle. Too bad your timing is so unfortunate. :shakehead2:

Just my real initials. A business habit.

I had forgotten that this site did not like sign offs and appreciate that they let it ride.

Would you like to start where you let off last time? Discussing how your beliefs don't treat women equally to men? I can go copy and paste it all to remind you if you want. I just want you to really take the time to think about your religion and the harmful impact it can have on women. I"m just being helpful. :D

Too bad your timing is so unfortunate. :shakehead2:

yes, unfortunately, gcb, your trolling return has come at the start of a brand new scandal, so i'm afraid your efforts are not going to reach the audience you had hoped for.

Would you like to start where you let off last time? Discussing how your beliefs don't treat women equally to men? I can go copy and paste it all to remind you if you want. I just want you to really take the time to think about your religion and the harmful impact it can have on women. I"m just being helpful. :D

I see my reply did not make it so I am out of here.

I see my reply did not make it so I am out of here.

Follow the rules and your posts will get posted. :shrug: It is a good idea to get some grasp of forum rules before leaping into lecturing folks about religion so that you know this stuff. If not being allowed to add a signature to every post is a problem for you, Free Jinger really isn't a forum you will fit in at.

Archived