IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Jessa's hair secrets: pregnancy. Also genetics. As awful as Michelle's abominable poodle 'do is, she gave those girls some gorgeous, gorgeous hair.

Also, I have similarly wavy-but-indecisive hair, and argan oil conditioner and biotin supplements have worked pretty well in making it more lustrous and easy to style. I also cut my hair into a bob, so it looks a little less limp/heavy...though whenever I look at pictures of Jessa or Joy, I just want to grow it all out again!

I'll have to try that, my mom does hair so I probably already have some lying around the house. Seriously, Jessa, Jana, and Joy especially all have such nice looking hair, it's ridiculous. I want to grow mine out, but I need to dedicate time to care for it if it gets any longer.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time seeing any of the Duggar weddings...and just wow. Also, I didn't realize Baptists had their wedding sermons at the end of the service, I'm used to them right before the vows (if at all)

It's been my observation the delivery of a sermon or not, and the length and placement in the order of service if one is delivered, is directly proportional to the ego of the preacher. I've seen a couple, mercifully placed at the end to allow the couple to escape first, that exceeded the length of the ceremony. The poor attendees were a captive audience. There's a time and place for everything, and a wedding ceremony is neither the time nor place for a lengthy sermon.

I too suffer massively from envy of Jessa's hair.

Then I remember that I don't have that amount of time to spend on my hair because of pesky things like a career, a social life and an unregulated sex life :D :D

Her hair looks better than mine. But it's the ONLY bit of her life that does.

Since we're all confessing our Duggar hair envy...

Has anyone tried their hair curling tutorial? I couldn't get the hang of using a curling iron like a wand.

In every "baby bump" picture Smuggar 2.0 posts she is always arching her back and sticking her tummy out. Looks really odd and uncomfortable (not that I assume pregnancy is comfortable in the first place.)

and YES! I just posted the other day how Bin always looks like he just got done crying. I have allergies, too so I feel for the dude. it sucks :thumbsdown3:

Not diagnosing or anything of the sort bc i know literally nothing about Bin's eyes other than what i see in pictures, but I feel like since his eyes are literally always red, and not just sometimes, he's more likely to have an eye condition like blepharitis (which I have too, it's pretty harmless other than making you look like you're high and making your eyes irritated/dry or watery/burny/being annoying as hell, etc.) rather than allergies 100% of the time. Unless he's commented on having frequent allergies (idk), i'm gonna guess some boring ass eye thing like blepharitis (or something else) that a zillion other people also have.

Never heard tender used as an adjective before. Compassionate, caring, selfless etc but tender what does that mean?

I hope that Jessa agrees with her inlaws and they're not putting her in a position of choosing them or her birth family against her will.

Most here and across the world think her brother is an epic :music-tool: but he's still her brother and I imagine her emotions may be quite complex!

Jessa's hair secrets: pregnancy. Also genetics. As awful as Michelle's abominable poodle 'do is, she gave those girls some gorgeous, gorgeous hair.

Also, I have similarly wavy-but-indecisive hair, and argan oil conditioner and biotin supplements have worked pretty well in making it more lustrous and easy to style. I also cut my hair into a bob, so it looks a little less limp/heavy...though whenever I look at pictures of Jessa or Joy, I just want to grow it all out again!

grandma Mary has nice hair too, for a woman her age, and I bet she had very nice hair when she was a younger woman. I think Michelle's hair is terrible, but in pics of her prior to marrying JB her hair looks much better. Typical for the era she was in at the time, but full and healthy looking.

I can't understand how Michelle went from those lovely "Farrah Fawcet" curls she was sporting at about age 16 or 17, and ended up with whatever the fuck it is she had in the first special. What she has now is better than it was in those first few specials, but still it is just awful.

even if she had kept the same style she had as a teen, that would be better than her current look. And given that JB thought she was a great beauty, he must have liked her hair. When did they decide that those poodle perms were an improvement?

Michelle has the potential to look so much better than she does. Why after, getting such a nice makeover from People, does she insist on going back in time to her same old look? I mean, objectively, for a woman with 19 kids aged 50 or so, she looks good. What is it about her freak show religion that won't let her at least update her look?

There are many ways to be modest. But her brand of Modesty is really more about attention seeking. She stands out wearing the ugliest clothes at the Keilen Wedding, she stands out with that ridiculous hair style and she gets some sort of weird rush over giving the impression that she is so humble as to wear thrift shop rejects. When in fact, her attention seeking, "Special snowflake" facade is the opposite of humble.

Since we're all confessing our Duggar hair envy...

Has anyone tried their hair curling tutorial? I couldn't get the hang of using a curling iron like a wand.

I use the Erin Bates hair curling technique. It works great for my hair and it's not time consuming at all. GAH I DO MY HAIR LIKE A FUNDIE. Excuse me I'll be in the prayer closest.

Never heard tender used as an adjective before. Compassionate, caring, selfless etc but tender what does that mean?

But tender is an adjective...How else have you heard it used?

I don't have much hair envy for Jessa's hair. I think the color is just average and the length is out of proportion with her body. She does a decent job of styling it, but it is pretty much the same look every day.

She would look better if she had at least 6 inches cut off, and maybe had some longer layering around her face to draw attention away from her intense jaw line.

To me, Jessa is more striking in her appearance as opposed to beautiful. She is a looker, no doubt and she knows how to make the most of her features. Joy is imo, the most beautiful of the girls. Though all the girls are very pretty.

But tender is an adjective...How else have you heard it used?

Tender can be a noun. But then it's a boat. One might take a Tender into port from a larger ship. Which I would think is not relevant to the conversation at hand.... LOL!

grandma Mary has nice hair too, for a woman her age, and I bet she had very nice hair when she was a younger woman. I think Michelle's hair is terrible, but in pics of her prior to marrying JB her hair looks much better. Typical for the era she was in at the time, but full and healthy looking.

I can't understand how Michelle went from those lovely "Farrah Fawcet" curls she was sporting at about age 16 or 17, and ended up with whatever the fuck it is she had in the first special. What she has now is better than it was in those first few specials, but still it is just awful.

even if she had kept the same style she had as a teen, that would be better than her current look. And given that JB thought she was a great beauty, he must have liked her hair. When did they decide that those poodle perms were an improvement?

Michelle has the potential to look so much better than she does. Why after, getting such a nice makeover from People, does she insist on going back in time to her same old look? I mean, objectively, for a woman with 19 kids aged 50 or so, she looks good. What is it about her freak show religion that won't let her at least update her look?

There are many ways to be modest. But her brand of Modesty is really more about attention seeking. She stands out wearing the ugliest clothes at the Keilen Wedding, she stands out with that ridiculous hair style and she gets some sort of weird rush over giving the impression that she is so humble as to wear thrift shop rejects. When in fact, her attention seeking, "Special snowflake" facade is the opposite of humble.

Underneath those awful puffy-sleeve blouses and that Twisted Sister tribute band hair, she really is a pretty woman and looks great for being 48 and having gone through 21 pregnancies, at least one of which nearly killed her. The Duggar girls had to get their looks from somewhere, after all. But I think it's not just "oh, look how humble I am wearing these awful outfits and hairdos that do nothing for my body and make me look 20 years older than I am, I am so much more holy than any of you" -- JB has stated that he likes the crunchy curls (thank the good lord his daughters abandoned that look circa 2012) and kept pushing for puffy sleeves on her godawful vow renewal dress. She's keeping herself in an 80s time warp because that's the way she looked when Jim Bob fell in love with her. Which, OK, I've done things like wear certain clothing that a guy I'm dating says he likes, because I like to make him happy and I feel sexy and appealing in those clothes, but you shouldn't completely alter your style or stagnate it just because your SO tells you that's how you should dress. Especially if your SO has awful taste in clothing.

While I'm usually against mothers trying to dress like their daughters, Michelle really ought to look at how Jana and Jinger dress: perfectly modest, but flattering. Or heck, she should look at the outfits more liberal/fashion-conscious Muslim women wear -- all very modest and body-skimming (rather than body-hugging), and can certainly look cute and nice without a hijab to accompany the outfit. Actually draw attention to your rather nice countenance, Michelle! Ditch those terrible blouses and lay off the LA Looks!

I don't have much hair envy for Jessa's hair. I think the color is just average and the length is out of proportion with her body. She does a decent job of styling it, but it is pretty much the same look every day.

She would look better if she had at least 6 inches cut off, and maybe had some longer layering around her face to draw attention away from her intense jaw line.

To me, Jessa is more striking in her appearance as opposed to beautiful. She is a looker, no doubt and she knows how to make the most of her features. Joy is imo, the most beautiful of the girls. Though all the girls are very pretty.

Yeah, I think her hair is exceptionally full and healthy looking considering the length (which makes me wonder if she wears extensions, because hair does not tend to keep up well when constantly heat styled),so I envy it in that sense. But I still maintain that very few people look good/their "best" with hair that long, and none of them are Duggars. Jessa's striking face saves her from looking dowdy with long hair, but she'd look so much better with a length that you could do something with.

Tender can be a noun. But then it's a boat. One might take a Tender into port from a larger ship. Which I would think is not relevant to the conversation at hand.... LOL!

Tender always makes me think of steak. Or some other kind of meat.

But Jessica Seewald...so much for being just a "normal" girl whose big brother just "happened" to marry a "celebrity" who didn't want attention/just wanted to live her life!

Jessa is giving me some serious hair envy. Mine looks like a thick wavy, wanted-to-curl-but-gave-up-halfway-through, frizzy mess. What's her secret? Does she shampoo in the blood of virgins?

If your hair already has some natural curl/wave to it, I would recommend using Deva Curl products and taking a biotin supplement. That helped my hair go from "unmanageable, frizzy mess" to "unmanageable mess that people compliment a lot."

Naturally straight-ish hair (iirc, don't all the Duggars have straight hair and perm it?) tends to take heat-styling better than naturally curling hair. I've tried various straighten-and-curl techniques, and none of them work well on my hair. Even with a Toddler and Tiaras amount of hairspray, the fake curls fall right out.

If your hair already has some natural curl/wave to it, I would recommend using Deva Curl products and taking a biotin supplement. That helped my hair go from "unmanageable, frizzy mess" to "unmanageable mess that people compliment a lot."

Naturally straight-ish hair (iirc, don't all the Duggars have straight hair and perm it?) tends to take heat-styling better than naturally curling hair. I've tried various straighten-and-curl techniques, and none of them work well on my hair. Even with a Toddler and Tiaras amount of hairspray, the fake curls fall right out.

I somehow thought I remembered Jinger being the only one with natural curls...didn't they mention that in one of their perm episodes? I may be wrong.

I am sure part of the reason Michelle dresses the way she does and has that hairstyle is because of that weird Gothard handbook or whatever it was I saw linked here a couple months ago. It was very detailed and odd.

I think Jana, Jessa, and Jinger all have a cute/modest style. Jill is a little too hippie-dippie for my taste though.

Jess is a very pretty girl with beautiful hair, it's safe to say looks aren't her problem. So far all the Duggar girls seem to be above average in looks with nice hair. Michelle is/was an attractive woman herself. It's not right that a woman who has birthed 19 kids looks as decent as she does still, but she does pass off most of her childcare and cleaning to her kids so I guess that explains it. It's pretty clear that she wears her hair the way she does because Jim Bob likes it that way even though she'd look a thousand times better with a new hairstyle and some new clothes. I don't get why she always has to wear the same green blouse and denim skirt over and over, won't Jim Bob let her buy some new outfits?

In that latest picture of Jessa and Ben on IG, and maybe it's the camera angle, but I never noticed how Jessa's face/head appear to be bigger than Ben's: the eyes, lips, jawline, shape... and perhaps it's all predicated off the hair, or maybe the pregnancy???

what's with this Smuggar 2.0 crapola

she didn't molest anyone ore cheat on her spouse

get a new nickname

yes she has issues - but try another name

like #jessathevirginbride or Crash test Jessa

get a new nickname

I've always been partial to Jessa Princessa, since she acts like such a princess.

I've always been partial to Jessa Princessa, since she acts like such a princess.

Jessa Princessa! Yessssss!

get a new nickname

Jessa has been smug for years, thus the nickname

Archived