IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

Josh made Jessa look like a fool on TV by allowing her to defend him as a changed man, and Jessa just does not seem like the type to forgive THAT.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your hair already has some natural curl/wave to it, I would recommend using Deva Curl products and taking a biotin supplement. That helped my hair go from "unmanageable, frizzy mess" to "unmanageable mess that people compliment a lot."

Naturally straight-ish hair (iirc, don't all the Duggars have straight hair and perm it?) tends to take heat-styling better than naturally curling hair. I've tried various straighten-and-curl techniques, and none of them work well on my hair. Even with a Toddler and Tiaras amount of hairspray, the fake curls fall right out.

I'll have to try that. I went through a phase where I didn't want to brush my long, wavy hair when I was a kid, and I got a LOT of comparisons to "Hermione" from Harry Potter. Now I brush it and it looks like that anyway. :lol:

(Personally, I think Jessa would look good with a shoulder length, layered swooped bang style)

I'll have to try that. I went through a phase where I didn't want to brush my long, wavy hair when I was a kid, and I got a LOT of comparisons to "Hermione" from Harry Potter. Now I brush it and it looks like that anyway. :lol:

(Personally, I think Jessa would look good with a shoulder length, layered swooped bang style)

I would recommend Devacurl to straight haired people too! I use Devacare (devacurl's line for colored hair) no-poo and i love it! I mix it in with water in a squeeze tube before I apply though, and it's a lot easier to use this way... Otherwise I have trouble getting it to go all over my scalp/hair and have to use a lot. It's not actually intended for my type of hair (straight + thin), but it works great. Then I follow up with Shea Moisture's Raw Shea conditioner. I don't really have many problems with frizz when I do this (I think the conditioner is what's responsible for this more than anything), but I like the devacare because it makes my hair clean without tearing it apart and screwing up my scalp.

Sorry for thread drift...

Jessa is only having one baby:

ibtimes.com/jessa-duggar-seewald-having-twins-find-out-what-she-had-say-about-pregnancy-rumors-2083240

"The former “19 Kids and Counting†star discussed her pregnancy during an appearance at the Southern Women’s Show event in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Aug. 29, reports the Duggar Family Blog. According to the site, Jessa Seewald, 22, denied ongoing rumors she is expecting twins during a fan Q&A. “Jessa put the rumors to rest, saying they could only see one baby in the ultrasound,†one show attendee told the site."

I know you can't tell from reading and not hearing her say it, but it sounds to me like disappointment. "Only one baby" well, that is what the great majority of pregnancies are!

Agree. If Jessa had any input, she would have declined the filming, unless the $$$$$$$$$$$$ proffered was too high to pass up. Jessa reminds me of JB, in many ways, opportunistic to name one.

Eh, she's an adult I guess, she could have gone to a courthouse or had a free/cheap simple church wedding.

what's with this Smuggar 2.0 crapola

she didn't molest anyone ore cheat on her spouse

get a new nickname

yes she has issues - but try another name

like #jessathevirginbride or Crash test Jessa

Well, she's smug. That justifies Smuggar 2.0. Doesn't mean she's done anything wrong.

Well, she's smug. That justifies Smuggar 2.0. Doesn't mean she's done anything wrong.

Exactly Smuggar was Smuggar before any of his infidelities surfaced. And Jessa is beyond smug.

what's with this Smuggar 2.0 crapola

she didn't molest anyone ore cheat on her spouse

get a new nickname

yes she has issues - but try another name

like #jessathevirginbride or Crash test Jessa

MaJessaTic?

She deserves Smuggar 2.0. josh didn't get that name following the revelations of molestations and infidelity. He got it for being a Close-minded, arrogant, holier-than-thou,turd.

We all had hope that Jessa eyeroll a meant she wasn't buying what JimBob was selling but it's become evident that not only has she but she thinks she is even more speshul that the rest of the Duggars.

I would recommend Devacurl to straight haired people too! I use Devacare (devacurl's line for colored hair) no-poo and i love it! I mix it in with water in a squeeze tube before I apply though, and it's a lot easier to use this way... Otherwise I have trouble getting it to go all over my scalp/hair and have to use a lot. It's not actually intended for my type of hair (straight + thin), but it works great. Then I follow up with Shea Moisture's Raw Shea conditioner. I don't really have many problems with frizz when I do this (I think the conditioner is what's responsible for this more than anything), but I like the devacare because it makes my hair clean without tearing it apart and screwing up my scalp.

Sorry for thread drift...

I also love Jessicurl for curly haired people. My hair doesn't like Deva products outside of their shampoo and conditioner, I get build up! I haven't tried shea moisture in a while, I may have to again. Good to know it's good for straight hair too..

Tender can be a noun. But then it's a boat. One might take a Tender into port from a larger ship. Which I would think is not relevant to the conversation at hand.... LOL!

adjective, tenderer, tenderest.

soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough:

a tender steak.

weak or delicate in constitution; not strong or hardy.

(of plants) unable to withstand freezing temperatures.

young or immature:

children of tender age.

delicate or soft in quality:

tender blue.

delicate, soft, or gentle:

the tender touch of her hand.

easily moved to sympathy or compassion; kind:

a tender heart.

verb (used with object)

to make tender.

We could always just call her Jessa, everyone knows what it means, it's only two syllables and rolls off the tongue pretty easily.

MaJessaTic?

She deserves Smuggar 2.0. josh didn't get that name following the revelations of molestations and infidelity. He got it for being a Close-minded, arrogant, holier-than-thou,turd.

We all had hope that Jessa eyeroll a meant she wasn't buying what JimBob was selling but it's become evident that not only has she but she thinks she is even more speshul that the rest of the Duggars.

Smugessa?

:confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Eh, she's an adult I guess, she could have gone to a courthouse or had a free/cheap simple church wedding.

Yeah, but for these girls their wedding day is the most important day of their life. Even if you are a rebel, I can't imagine giving up that.

Jessa is not Smuggar2.0. Although she is smug to be sure, she has not been treated as a male would have been treated in that household. The 2.0 is the part I object to, implying that is similar to her brother in a lot of other ways as well. In light of what has occurred (and will continue to come out) with Joshgate, this is unfair, even to her.

The Smuggar name is taken as far as I am concerned; it's meaning permanently altered.

I am all about female empowerment and to compare Jessa to Josh or to any other male in that fucked up system is just plain wrong. The women have their own problems to be sure. However, I am just an old feminist who cannot and will change her stripes. :D

JMHO. Carry on...

Yeah, but for these girls their wedding day is the most important day of their life. Even if you are a rebel, I can't imagine giving up that.

I know the most important day of your life thing is hyperbole since if that were true it would be super depressing to know everything is downhill from there. But like all major life events the good and the bad is remembered forever and so a lot of people compromise on things to keep the peace because there is no grudge like a wedding/funeral/new baby grudge.

A temporary falling out with someone so you blow them off for dinner? Eh, you make up and you both forget about it. Falling out over wedding stuff? You can spend the rest of your life hearing about that shit.

Not saying it's right, in a perfect world people should conduct their milestones as it makes them happy and other people shouldn't take it personally. But that's so not my world. :D

I've been married twice and I desperately wanted to do it quietly both times. Not elope as in it being a big secret - but the first time I wanted to just pop over to the courthouse or rectory just th two of us and grab whomever was handy for witnesses (because seemed to me if you didn't have anyone there no one could be hurt they were excluded as it went personal. Boy, was I wrong,). And the second time I wanted to do the same but bring the kids (my kids were small when I remarried and this was as much about him officially joining their family as he and I.)

It still pisses me off, to this day, that both the guys I married would have been fine with that. They didn't want a wedding for themselves but no way in hell were they risking the wrath of their parents. My parents were fine with us doing whatever made me happy the first time (they had long since passed by my second wedding so I was completely alone.)

Honestly, I love my head sheep but when I think about out wedding my only emotions are anger and resentment...and I'm ashamed that I allowed myself to be bullied by his family. That's completely ooc for me and I truly can't even explain it to this day. Except that I get super stupid when I'm getting married.

As a result both my weddings were half assed where I was pouting/sulking so I just let people do whatever and I resented it like it was my job.

True story - when reading one of the threads about weddings I got to thinking about mine and called the head sheep because for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of the church where we married or even the denomination. Long story but couldn't get married in the Catholic Church due to what he mistakenly thought were issues with a previous annulment and since we had to get married out of state as not to inconvenience his parents (yep, still bitter) He found a church that was available for the day and had a minister Pastor? Preacher? Headmaster? I don't know) who didn't care what denomination we were.

Googled churchs within 50 miles and none of them look familiar. I swear I have chunks of memories missing. Probably subconscious self protective blackout so I could get past it and stay married. :wink-kitty: Now it's bugging me again and I haven't seen our marriage license since we moved.

The only thing I remember about the ceremony itself was how my shoes were killing me and immediately afterwards I heard someone on his side snarking asking my brother if I ever smile.

Yikes - rantings of a lunatic! Fucking weddings. The head sheep should thank me tomorrow for my restraint because I totally want to wake him up and fight with him about the wedding. Again. :twisted:

Tldr: even strong, opinionated, non-fundy women can have their weddings hijacked by family, although I have no idea if Jessa got the wedding she wanted or not. Weddings can make even delightful people batshit crazy.

Trying to rematch it with the audio right now. I kinda like the song that the bridal party is walk into. One thing I notice though is that a fair amount of the brides maids are bare foot. How is that even an acceptable thing?

I just chuckled lightly (as opposed to chuckling darkly, I suppose) at some of the reactions on here regarding me writing Smuggar 2.0. Thanks to those who understand why I use it.

And of course, you don't have to call her that. I do sometimes. There's a post here on FJ somewhere of me where I got started with it. You'll see that there isn't any super deep or evil meaning to it. :)

ETA: if I truly offended someone, I obviously didn't mean for that to happen. :D

I know the most important day of your life thing is hyperbole since if that were true it would be super depressing to know everything is downhill from there. But like all major life events the good and the bad is remembered forever and so a lot of people compromise on things to keep the peace because there is no grudge like a wedding/funeral/new baby grudge.

A temporary falling out with someone so you blow them off for dinner? Eh, you make up and you both forget about it. Falling out over wedding stuff? You can spend the rest of your life hearing about that shit.

Not saying it's right, in a perfect world people should conduct their milestones as it makes them happy and other people shouldn't take it personally. But that's so not my world. :D

I've been married twice and I desperately wanted to do it quietly both times. Not elope as in it being a big secret - but the first time I wanted to just pop over to the courthouse or rectory just th two of us and grab whomever was handy for witnesses (because seemed to me if you didn't have anyone there no one could be hurt they were excluded as it went personal. Boy, was I wrong,). And the second time I wanted to do the same but bring the kids (my kids were small when I remarried and this was as much about him officially joining their family as he and I.)

It still pisses me off, to this day, that both the guys I married would have been fine with that. They didn't want a wedding for themselves but no way in hell were they risking the wrath of their parents. My parents were fine with us doing whatever made me happy the first time (they had long since passed by my second wedding so I was completely alone.)

Honestly, I love my head sheep but when I think about out wedding my only emotions are anger and resentment...and I'm ashamed that I allowed myself to be bullied by his family. That's completely ooc for me and I truly can't even explain it to this day. Except that I get super stupid when I'm getting married.

As a result both my weddings were half assed where I was pouting/sulking so I just let people do whatever and I resented it like it was my job.

True story - when reading one of the threads about weddings I got to thinking about mine and called the head sheep because for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of the church where we married or even the denomination. Long story but couldn't get married in the Catholic Church due to what he mistakenly thought were issues with a previous annulment and since we had to get married out of state as not to inconvenience his parents (yep, still bitter) He found a church that was available for the day and had a minister Pastor? Preacher? Headmaster? I don't know) who didn't care what denomination we were.

Googled churchs within 50 miles and none of them look familiar. I swear I have chunks of memories missing. Probably subconscious self protective blackout so I could get past it and stay married. :wink-kitty: Now it's bugging me again and I haven't seen our marriage license since we moved.

The only thing I remember about the ceremony itself was how my shoes were killing me and immediately afterwards I heard someone on his side snarking asking my brother if I ever smile.

Yikes - rantings of a lunatic! Fucking weddings. The head sheep should thank me tomorrow for my restraint because I totally want to wake him up and fight with him about the wedding. Again. :twisted:

Tldr: even strong, opinionated, non-fundy women can have their weddings hijacked by family, although I have no idea if Jessa got the wedding she wanted or not. Weddings can make even delightful people batshit crazy.

This post creeped me out because it nearly completely reminded me of my wedding. Or what I remember about it. When we moved I tossed my wedding album a box and I dont think the box made it to he knew house, I haven't seen it in 6 years.

Buffy, I totally get the reality of what you are saying and it is certainly true not only for us "regular" people but also IFB/IBLP folks. Weddings really bring out the worst in people.

My point was these girls have the personality beaten out of them (literally) and every day they live for the men in their lives and every day from about 9 months after their weddings will be about figuring out how more and more babies get cared for.

My guess is for the Duggar and Bates girls their wedding is the one day they actually get to plan and be the center of attention, at least sort of. I'm sure Jessa wanted her princess moment and millions of bridesmaids and non-cake dessert and if daddy insisted it be paid for by TLC to get it, then fine.

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, but does anyone else think that the Seewald family, Ben's dad, mom, siblings, Jessa, and Ben are attempting to get their own reality show in the works right now, hence the public condemnation of Josh? It is interesting how even Ben's sister is getting media attention over her Josh stance now. I could totally see Ben's dad wanting his own show, his actions have screamed fame-whore since I heard of him, from sending his son to date/stalk Jessa and his blog, in my opinion at least. Ben's mom seems a little more camera shy but she would do whatever her headship wants.

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, but does anyone else think that the Seewald family, Ben's dad, mom, siblings, Jessa, and Ben are attempting to get their own reality show in the works right now, hence the public condemnation of Josh? It is interesting how even Ben's sister is getting media attention over her Josh stance now. I could totally see Ben's dad wanting his own show, his actions have screamed fame-whore since I heard of him, from sending his son to date/stalk Jessa and his blog, in my opinion at least. Ben's mom seems a little more camera shy but she would do whatever her headship wants.

He wants attention but I don't know how he expects a show out of just shaming Smuggar. What what we've seen of the family, a show with them would be rather boring imo, other than tidbits about Bin & Smuggar 2.0

He wants attention but I don't know how he expects a show out of just shaming Smuggar. What what we've seen of the family, a show with them would be rather boring imo, other than tidbits about Bin & Smuggar 2.0

True, but they are probably thinking that if the Bates family can pull off a show so can they. They probably also think they are more exciting than the Duggars. I kind of see them being about as interesting as the Bateses, but they also don't have the draw of having 19 kids. They do have the draw of Jessa, Ben, and a new baby and I have no doubt the leg humpers and some haters would turn in for a few seasons. All speculation on my part of course, Mr. Seewald may not want a show at all but I stand by my opinion that he likes the attention Ben's marriage to Jessa has brought him.

Oh wow! That would be something. I can imagine a show starring Jessa and Bin and baby with background in-laws. It would be boring as heck but the Duggars were boring as heck. It's all about the ratings and if their fans want to watch them and TLC can get advertisers then it will be greenlighted. Huh. How funny if the Seewalds practically throwing Bin at Jessa ends up paying off financially for the whole family.

Archived