IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald - Part 4

happy atheist

I think Smuggar 2.0 and Bin are gonna try to cut a deal with TLC and ooo yay a Birth Special will happen. It would come at a great time, too since, as I understand it, births are quite pricey (unless you have your baby in the bathroom. That's free. (shout out to my girl Anna). But then you probably (HOPEFULLY) still end up getting some kind of postnatal medical help...if only she had a sister who likes to play unlicensed midwife...

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you are talking about GabeandJess? She was a teen mother who has four kids by two different fathers and is now on her third partner and second marriage. Her latest wedding video on youtube, posted two weeks ago, has over 100,000 views. Her Labour and Delivery video has over 2 million hits. I agree, if an unknown unmarried teen mother can become a youtube sensation, Jessa can certainly have a successful channel. I also agree that Jessa will have to step it up on the personality front, but I think on 19 Kids and Counting, she was a lot more likeable with Ben. I thought their Honeymoon special was actually pretty fun to watch, and they are for sure much sexier than J&M and even J&D. Although they will have to shut up about abortion and creationism if they want to make their videos popular.

Yes I assumed Gabeandjess too ! TERRIBLE mate choices, from the first time Drake was shown in the videos I was shaking my head... Still not entirely sure about Chris although he is the best out of the 3 so far. And yet, Jess is really likeable and I enjoy watching her channel, although I don't always agree with her.

I think for a Jessa and Ben channel to work, they would have to be more open and show more of their real personalities and life. The show was so glossed over and so superficial, but youtube doesn't work like that, you have to share so much more of your real life, emotions etc. or no one connects to you.

I'm not sure Jessa understands this, that if you want fame (especially youtube fame), you trade away your privacy. I get the feeling she still feels she can have her cake and eat it too, because they were very privileged with the show in that respect.

I think Smuggar 2.0 and Bin are gonna try to cut a deal with TLC and ooo yay a Birth Special will happen. It would come at a great time, too since, as I understand it, births are quite pricey (unless you have your baby in the bathroom. That's free. (shout out to my girl Anna). But then you probably (HOPEFULLY) still end up getting some kind of postnatal medical help...if only she had a sister who likes to play unlicensed midwife...

Just FYI...homebirths are not "free". You may not be paying for a hospital room, but you're still paying for your midwife and supplies and things. I'm sure Anna's may have been "free" by either grifting/show comped/her faux midwife having it laid upon her heart to donate services, but I assure you, in most cases it is NOT free. Mine were all definitely cheaper than hospital births, but they were very, very far from free.

Jessa is pretty as always, but looks soooo unhappy in her latest bump pic on her IG. Or maybe she looks sulky. Or angry? Yeesh.

On the other hand, maybe I'm projecting and it's ME that's unhappy, sulky, angry with the whole fundie preggo thing. Calling Dr. Freud...

Jessa could definitely make enough to live off of on youtube if she made her own personal channel. It might not be 7 or even 6 figures, but without any effort AT ALL she could make in the high 5 figures, probably even only posting 2-3 times a week. She definitely would have stuff to talk about that people were willing to listen to. Some of it might even be interesting. If nothing else she could talk about her pregnancy as others have mentioned, and about having a new baby once it comes. She seems to like cooking and making smoothies at least occasionally- she could talk about recipes and tips for the kitchen. Eventually she'd be able to start to share child rearing tips. Doubtless she thinks she is qualified to share marriage advice and relationship tips as well. If she ever ran out of that she could talk about what bible verse she is reading today and what it means to her or share her own fitness tips- the leghumpers would watch.

But potentially, if she was willing, and if she does have a shred of interesting-ness in her body, she could talk about deeper things that even we might be interested in. For example, if (and I know it's if) she identifies as a Calvinist now, she could talk about how she came to that conclusion (hoping of course that the answer is anything even the slightest bit more complex than Ben is my headship now so I have to think this), and how such a radical shift from her family's thinking has impacted her,or, if it hasn't, why that is.

Basically her potential list of topics (or at least sub topics within the main topics of pregnancy, child rearing, household tasks/cooking, fitness, marriage/relationships, and the all important religion) is limitless. She could definitely make a go of this, and if I were her I would. It's true that making youtube videos well takes time and energy, including time and energy brainstorming what you are going to say and potential topics beforehand, but given the potential alternatives, I'd be thanking my lucky stars if I were her and Bin that this (comparatively easy to the alternatives) option was available to me. Unlike most youtubers she has a major advantage- she already has fans. Just posting on her instagram and facebook to follow her new youtube channel would probably get her at least 300,000 followers for free, probably more, without even posting any content. Once she posted 2-3 high quality, interesting videos, that number would probably double and if she was able to be consistently interesting it would keep going up.

I think the problem with Jessa is that while she has very forceful opinions, she doesn't seem to like being out with them in person. Maybe it's the result of growing up on tv and having it drilled into her head that she's supposed to act a certain way in front of the cameras, or maybe it's just a natural discomfort with people she doesn't know well. Remember the engagement episode and how uncomfortable and embarrassed she was to talk to strangers over that (cheesy as hell) flower thing Bed did? I think she's one of those people that casual acquaintances think is all sweet and reserved but her family and close friends know her as the hell-on-wheels of their circle. Or like when that terror-of-the-forums you finally meet irl after interacting with for years turns out to be super shy and pleasant in person. If Jessa acted as loud and self-righteous on camera/in public appearances as she does on social media, she and Ben really could make quite the long-term living out of "ministering" or whatever the hell it is they want to do. Right now, though, she's incredibly bland and boring. Public sweetness is a bad fit for her and she doesn't have the acting skills to make that work. She needs to let her asshole flag wave proudly.

Jessa is pretty as always, but looks soooo unhappy in her latest bump pic on her IG. Or maybe she looks sulky. Or angry? Yeesh.

On the other hand, maybe I'm projecting and it's ME that's unhappy, sulky, angry with the whole fundie preggo thing. Calling Dr. Freud...

\

it's totally not you -after seeing that picture - i think she has lost her umph - and i had a nightmare she had twins early

you can see in her eyes - something is up and not in a good way

unless she poses like that on purpose to make us think she is sad when in reality something is else is going on

but overall I think it's been a rough couple of months for her - no matter what she utters to her headship

formerly pregnant woman tell or mothers tell me what you think because the stress that girl has been under can't be good? thoughts.....

They should go on Big Brother! Hahahah, they would not last!

I would love to see them on something like The Amazing Race. It would be Jessa yelling at Ben for being an idiot. And them refusing to do tasks because it's against their beliefs. They'd last one episode.

TLC aired two "versions" of their wedding. I know there was a replay that had added stuff and different cameras. Looks like some of it may have been from the same cameras as this youtube video.

Just FYI...homebirths are not "free". You may not be paying for a hospital room, but you're still paying for your midwife and supplies and things. I'm sure Anna's may have been "free" by either grifting/show comped/her faux midwife having it laid upon her heart to donate services, but I assure you, in most cases it is NOT free. Mine were all definitely cheaper than hospital births, but they were very, very far from free.

that is what I had assumed. Thanks for confirming :)

blindgossip.com/?p=73598

I follow blind gossip a lot and they are usually correct about predicting this sort of stuff.

I believe this one is obviously Jessa.

It's happened to far, far bigger celebrities than any one of the Duggars. How many times do you hear of someone who was huge a decade or more ago but is now waiting tables or adjusting automobile insurance claims at Geico?

Once the shock of it all wears off, Bin and Derick will go back to being whatever they were probably going to be before they met their wives.

Wonder which guy brings up the birth control issue to his wife first?

I can't imagine the kind of pressure husbands in that lifestyle are under. They can't get educated to get well paying, high level jobs. They can't limit their family size to keep it affordable. What are they supposed to do??? We are a family of 4, and that's all we will be, and I stay home with the kids right now so all the $$ pressure is on my husband. He has a well paying job, a great resume, and a masters degree but still feels the provider pressure. As long as Ben and Derrick stay in this lifestyle, their hands are basically tied as to what they can do and the life they can afford. Hit pause on having kids, get yourself educated and employed, then unpause and have the number of kids you want/can afford.

That is what happens when you sell your event for $$$.

Totally this. They could have had the exact same wedding (meaning they can afford all the hoopla if they wanted it, without TLC) and not put it on tv if they wanted the rights. You sign away your rights, your rights are gone. They should read their contracts before they sign them and think about what they are doing. My thoughts are basically, tough shit, you made a stupid fame whorey decision to sell your own wedding day. Deal with it!

Yes I assumed Gabeandjess too ! TERRIBLE mate choices, from the first time Drake was shown in the videos I was shaking my head... Still not entirely sure about Chris although he is the best out of the 3 so far. And yet, Jess is really likeable and I enjoy watching her channel, although I don't always agree with her.

You guys get me! You really get me! I love that you guys knew who I was talking about.

I think for a Jessa and Ben channel to work, they would have to be more open and show more of their real personalities and life. The show was so glossed over and so superficial, but youtube doesn't work like that, you have to share so much more of your real life, emotions etc. or no one connects to you.

I'm not sure Jessa understands this, that if you want fame (especially youtube fame), you trade away your privacy. I get the feeling she still feels she can have her cake and eat it too, because they were very privileged with the show in that respect.

I completely agree, the difference between Jess from GabeandJess and Jessa is that Jess has a lot of natural charisma and is open with her life, warts and all. Unfortunately, a lot of Jessa's personality was beaten out of her. Although the Duggar girls are the most likeable members of the family. Wouldn't it be great if the youtube channel featured Jessa and Jinger?

I do feel very sorry for the girls, and hope if they get a spinoff it will help them break free a bit and find some joy in life. I think it might be a good thing for them to remain in the spotlight, because otherwise they could very well be locked in the Duggar compound for the rest of their lives.

blindgossip.com/?p=73598

I follow blind gossip a lot and they are usually correct about predicting this sort of stuff.

"Her significant other is equally useless." :lol:

"One of her sisters is watching our girl closely to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. If her sister’s strategy worked and she starts getting paid work, expect her to make a rebellious move as well in the near future."

I guess Jill? But I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's someone still at home.

PostAuthor: hollywood » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:27 pm

blindgossip.com/?p=73598

I can't think of who it might be other than her. However, I am holding out some hope that the sister who will be watching the situation to determine if she will follow suit is either Jana or Jinger.

"Her significant other is equally useless." :lol:

"One of her sisters is watching our girl closely to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. If her sister’s strategy worked and she starts getting paid work, expect her to make a rebellious move as well in the near future."

I guess Jill? But I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's someone still at home.

This is definitely about Jessa, the only other family with a lot of sisters who could fit would be the Kardashians and since their show is still on it's not them. I hope the other sister is Jinger, but it could be Joy Anna or more likely Jill. They're both looking at losing a lot of money because of Josh and both of their headships are currently unemployed (not counting Ben as Jim Bob's lawn boy as a real job) and there has to be resentment that Jim Bob nixed the idea of a spin-off for them.

I have no doubt that a video/online show of Jessa or any of the older Duggar girls would garner a ton of views. They haven't been on the cover of a ton of People magazines because they don't sell, they're are more leg humpers than I like to think about and rubber neckers who will turn in just for fun.

I'm still speculating on which other sister it might be. Considering that Derick would be able to provide for his family with his career as well as the fact they have received funds for their mission trips makes me think that one of the older girls who is still at home but without prospects might be the one. Fingers crossed on Jana, Jinger or Joy.

I thinK the plan is not going to work out anyeay. Nobody is going to give Benessea enough money to provide form them an the Kids (my money is on twins). The whole family is gone when it comes to earning money by fame. It does not matter if Jessa slams Josh or not. Thay can make occasional money, but not enough...

I bet the sister watchign is Jill. Didn´t the other siblings describe her as the one always making sure everybody follows the rules?

I can't imagine the kind of pressure husbands in that lifestyle are under. They can't get educated to get well paying, high level jobs. They can't limit their family size to keep it affordable. What are they supposed to do??? We are a family of 4, and that's all we will be, and I stay home with the kids right now so all the $$ pressure is on my husband. He has a well paying job, a great resume, and a masters degree but still feels the provider pressure. As long as Ben and Derrick stay in this lifestyle, their hands are basically tied as to what they can do and the life they can afford. Hit pause on having kids, get yourself educated and employed, then unpause and have the number of kids you want/can afford.

My husband was adamant that I would be able to support the family if something happened to him (and v-v), so, we maintained 2 careers, one PT and the other FT+- it worked well for us, but we too only had 2 kids. An additional child would have made good daycare too expensive.

I retired at 55, when my youngest was educated and launched.

I remember reading that 1 of the biggest contributors to poverty is lack of adequate/assessable BC.

Even JB had to sell his kids in order to support them.

blindgossip.com/?p=73598

Literally anyone who's following the situation could have written that. It's exactly what everyone here has been talking about for days if not weeks. You don't need to have "inside information" to write vague stuff like that. You know Nostradamus' s prophecies are usually right, too, as long as you wait long enough exercise some confirmation bias.

I'm betting Jessa's the one who turned.

The watching sister is most likely Jill, as she's the one who can extract most easily and would have support from Dill and his family. She can do something rebellious and get it public before the family finds out.

Second most likely is Joy - as she's turning 18 in a few months and can run if she chooses. Third most likely Jinger as she and Jessa were besties until Jessa married, so if Jessa gets away I can see Jinger following. Jana least likely as I think that of the sisters she's the most invested in the little ones and for that reason moving out would be harder for her. Don't forget that Jana had all of them at least from Joy and below as babies. Michelle had the youngest, Jana had the second youngest, the third youngest had a proper buddy (Jill/Jessa/Jinger).

Good God, I just checked out that woman's channel. What a mess! I'm missing the likability factor. Also the sinus-y voice is bothersome to me.

I doubt the sister watching is anyone still at home. If the blind is to be believed and Jessa received opposition from family, that would explain why she took the post off her Instagram. Just imagine if one of the still at home sisters tried that, the "opposition" she would get. I think it's definitely Jessa and Jill. They have been somewhat united since Scandal 1.0 broke, Jill is out of the house and far away already. Much easier for her to break ranks. Jessa has the ability to take charge and be a leader, Jill is a follower.

Archived