IGNORED

"They're Not Crazy, Just Quiverfull!"

dawn9476

She gave off the pretentious vibe too. Like she cannot be bothered to lift a finger except when she's nursing or procreating.

She did pageants? Not surprising. She's not ugly for sure but I don't know....something about her gives me the creeps.

Cincinnati Conservatory is a serious music school--if they graduated from there, it says a lot about their early training and dedication. She certainly did not spend her childhood and adolescence as an apprentice helpmeet. And she taught in the public schools. It makes me more angry than I can express that after life experiences like theirs, they are consciously denying their children the same opportunities that they took advantage of.

I also thought that the boy would be very lonely; it's not 'appropriate' for him to join in with his sisters yet he doesn't have a brother to keep him company, only his Dad. Even if the next one is a boy he'll be about a decade younger, so not much of a companion for a long time.

It would be lonely to be the only boy/girl in a family. The first Shed boy is going to be way older than his brothers (assuming they have more boys in the future). I wonder how old creepy dad and princess Allison are?

The whole family squicked me out. I don't know, they could be perfectly lovely people IRL but from what I saw they seem typical quivering types. I do feel sorry for Olivia and her sisters though. The mom just gave the "spoiled" vibe off.

I don't really like the implication that people need to explain or justify their decision to have more than 2.4 children. I know several families who have had 6/7 children despite not being uber-religious. Some people just want large families... as long as the parents pick up the slack (obviously not happening here) I don't think it's crazy at all.

I don't really like the implication that people need to explain or justify their decision to have more than 2.4 children. I know several families who have had 6/7 children despite not being uber-religious. Some people just want large families... as long as the parents pick up the slack (obviously not happening here) I don't think it's crazy at all.

Yeah, the narrator there was a bit over the top in introducing the family. It's certainly a large family in today's US, but hardly that shocking.

Archived