IGNORED

"They're Not Crazy, Just Quiverfull!"

dawn9476

So they're not crazy? I guess that's a relief (if it's true). This is just my observation but the twelve year old/oldest daughter that was interviewed at the end seemed like she was either very drunk on kool-aid or spouting a party line to save her life.

So they're not crazy? I guess that's a relief (if it's true). This is just my observation but the twelve year old/oldest daughter that was interviewed at the end seemed like she was either very drunk on kool-aid or spouting a party line to save her life.

It made me so sad how brainwashed she came across.

The mom really rubbed me the wrong way. She is definitely not shy about admitting that they breed to increase the population of people with their beliefs.

Don't mean to threadjack, but after I wathced the Quiverfull video, this video came up in the "up next" category. I thought it was more of the same family. Oh how wrong I was!

!

Back on topic, that oldest daughter kind of gives me the creeps. She gives off a combo Stepford Wife/Children of the Corn vibe.

Gag :puke-front:

I love how they don't even pretend the kids have any other choices except to grow into their preordained gender roles. I actually shuddered when the oldest girl said it was a privilege to help her "mommy". She sounded about 4. That's so typical of the fundie QF mindset; heap work on your daughters' shoulders that's way beyond their years, but keep them mentally and emotionally stunted. I watched the video on youtube, and while the most popular comment was, "leave the QFers aloonnee!!11!1!", it had probably 1/3 negative votes and many commenters noted how unfair it was to expect the older girls to do so much work.

Wow, the husband had some kind of male fundie stare going on while the wife spoke. It looked like he was closely motoring what she was saying, making sure she never went off script. What a hellish life.

The oldest definitely sounded horribly scripted. Then the whole "I don't feel like I'm overworked.." thing was totally lame.

perhaps "princess" would have been a better title for the wife then "Allison"

I agree. Does this woman do any work around the house, or is it all relegated to the eldest daughter? I took a gander at the chore chart, and the only chore I saw assigned to Princess was dust up high. Yea, that's a back breaker.

The quiverfull dad was hella creepy. I was totally squicked out by his stare. I can't "unsee" that.

The kids are cute, though. I just wanted to pinch that baby's cheeks.

Crazy is subjective.

I also always find it contradictory when QFers say they're trying to have more kids, or even saying they want more. If it's up to god, it's up to him. You have no control and can't do anything about it.

I totally agree about the family in this video - Stepford-ville.

I thought that the dad just looked creepy in general. The wife is probably the order barking princess who stands around while everyone else works IMO. The daughter said something like "my mom is training me and my sisters to be helpmates someday". That's all she gets to be? Really? What if she becomes helpmate to an abusive man who can't give her a nice suburban living like daddy did?

I thought the oldest girl looked far older than twelve. I would have thought her to be 15ish to 16. Maybe it's the hair and the clothes. Her body language was not typical 12 year old for sure.

And the mom came off like a pretentious bleep. Much like Bee-All came off in her videoed visit with Michelle Duggar when the Duggars were still camped out in Little Rock. Dad came off looking like a real creeper with his bug eyed stare...

Crazy, quiverfull??? I think we can use the words interchangeably here. I feel sorry for the kids they have no choice but to live in their parents insane reality.

I might be wrong about the whole princess Allison thing but it just seems like she is the type to make her daughters do the leg work while she pleases the husband by procreating with him. Maybe that's her only job? How can one home school when you have to clean house, take care of little kids, and other things. When is there time for the older kids to get THEIR individual studying done?

I hate princess moms. Michelle Duggar is the epitome of one and Kelly Bates....well....I can't quite figure her out.

I might be wrong about the whole princess Allison thing but it just seems like she is the type to make her daughters do the leg work while she pleases the husband by procreating with him. Maybe that's her only job? How can one home school when you have to clean house, take care of little kids, and other things. When is there time for the older kids to get THEIR individual studying done?

I hate princess moms. Michelle Duggar is the epitome of one and Kelly Bates....well....I can't quite figure her out.

And don't forget Kelly Crawford.

Thank you for sharing insight of the Shedd family.

As I mentioned before, I thought that Alyson Shedd answered in such a robotic, rehearsed way, and her husband stared at her in a manner reminiscent of how a ventriloquist would look at their ventriloquial figure during a performance. I am hesitant, therefore for criticize her lack of household duties, as I believe that the ventriloquist may have influenced the schedule so that Alyson has no choice but to be available for him whenever the urge strikes him to try for more arrows.

It makes me wonder if that is why Kelly Bates and Michelle Duggar seem to do little mothering when compared to their daughters? Is it because their ventriloquists want their bodies at the ready for them at all times and don't want them sweaty or tired?

I feel for that daughter. She came across like someone parroting some dialogue that was spoonfed to her many times over, and if she said a single word wrong, it would mean some "biblical chastisement?"

I have nothing against families with lots of kids, heck I have six older siblings and I'm the seventh, but Quiverfull seems so black-and-white its like there is no other option, their ideas and beliefs sound fragile like glass, like a glass doll sitting in a protective cabinet, not to play with but to sit there and look pretty.

Its all Fragile, that's how I like to alluded to Quiverfull and families shielding their children from the realities of the world.

Perhaps their afraid their kids would loose their faith in God if they knew reality, it may be so but that's not always the case. I learned there's more in life than just the Biblical worldview but I still have faith in God.

I also always find it contradictory when QFers say they're trying to have more kids, or even saying they want more. If it's up to god, it's up to him. You have no control and can't do anything about it.

Srsly. Sorry Bates family, but praying for more and letting your kids fast for more children is not leaving it up to God.

Perhaps Allison/princess is so indoctrinated that she cannot help but service her husband. He probably comes first and all else second.

Princess mom's to me are a mystery. It seems like Michelle, Anna, and all other Quivering/Gothard moms are basically pampered as long as they service their husbands. That is their main function. One person wrote (paraphrased) that Quiver women are told that they are not accountable to God but to their husbands. They are like children. They don't have to think for themselves because the husbands do it for them.

I just did a google search for Allison Shedd and found this

http://www.myfrienddebbieDOTcom/bio.php?writer_id=23

They apparently didn't "eschew" birth control until well into their marriage. She was in the Miss Ohio pageant in 1988 and 1989. Both parents are college educated. Are they going to deny their up and coming "help meets" the opportunities their mother had? :cry:

Guest Anonymous
I just did a google search for Allison Shedd and found this

http://www.myfrienddebbieDOTcom/bio.php?writer_id=23

They apparently didn't "eschew" birth control until well into their marriage. She was in the Miss Ohio pageant in 1988 and 1989. Both parents are college educated. Are they going to deny their up and coming "help meets" the opportunities their mother had? :cry:

Of course they are. Next question!

Archived