IGNORED

Josh Duggar, Admitted Child Molester - Part 8

happy atheist

I dunno. It's entirely possible someone was pouring out their head to paper, not sure what to do, someone else walks in so they slip it in the book on thier lap so as not to get caught or feel the need to explain and then... Over time and/or circumstance, forgot all about it.

I've certainly found notes, poems, miscellaneous nothings in books or pockets before and didn't think a thing of it.

*shrug*

Definitely "WTF moment" for the finder.

My theory is that it was a letter of apology that Josh wrote to one of his sisters as punishment/ part of his retraining and forgiveness package. The recipient stuck it in a book and forgot about it.

This is the kind of thing my parents made us do when we were mean to siblings (no molesting, just if we had fought or something)

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
regarding the letter ...

etonline.com/news/165063_josh_duggar_molestation_allegations_a_timeline_of_events/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3091940/I-acted-inexcusably-Josh-Duggar-breaks-silence-molesting-young-girls-teen-parents-claim-scandal-drew-family-closer-God.html#ixzz3bp9LG5TK

nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/josh-duggar-accused-underage-sexual-abuse-report-article-1.2231301

Did Derick's dad know JB?

When I first heard that Josh had admitted touching girls inappropriately. I thought no doubt. They have little contact with other children. Exception being siblings the visits with the Bates and others they fellowship. Of course there is going to be sexual explanation when they are young. The Duggar children are more sheltered so exploration may come later. Most of us (maybe just me) was explorative when young. Josh was a young 14 year old. He should not have been charged with sexual assault (IMHO). Where ever he was sent most likely has him terrified. Don"t,think he would again have (IMHO) reoffended. The family should go public acknowledging that their lack of sexual education/discussion with children. Could have lead to Josh experimenting with other minor children. Saying Nike to divert eyes from the human form Is crazy. We are sexual beings. Jim nob and Michelle have cornered the market on that practice. Josh should not lose his job in Washington. He was a minor and has had no other documented sexual incidents known.

Do you guys think it would be better or worse if Smuggar was the one to sit the interview?

I wonder if he's waiting to see how his parents do before he says or does anything . . .

What's difficult for me is that Josh a 27yo would have to sit and answer for the behaviors of Josh, a 14 yo teen.

I think that Josh should be there, but I think his father deserves about 80% of the heat. His father's decisions and behaviors may certainly have affected the son's behaviors. If the folks weren't well known Gothardites, I'd put his mother's guilt as equal to his father's.

My theory is that it was a letter of apology that Josh wrote to one of his sisters as punishment/ part of his retraining and forgiveness package. The recipient stuck it in a book and forgot about it.

This is the kind of thing my parents made us do when we were mean to siblings (no molesting, just if we had fought or something)

I think this is the most reasonable explanation I've heard.

"Dear Sister J. I am heartely sorry for the things that happened. I didn't want to touch you there but your blouse was very tight. I know you didn't mean for it to happen so I'm sure you are very sorry too. Your Brother Josh."

Amandaaries: My mind is a blur from everything I've read this past week but I don't recall Grandpa Rourk mentioned in the police reports? :?

What's difficult for me is that Josh a 27yo would have to sit and answer for the behaviors of Josh, a 14 yo teen.

I think that Josh should be there, but I think his father deserves about 80% of the heat. His father's decisions and behaviors may certainly have affected the son's behaviors. If the folks weren't well known Gothardites, I'd put his mother's guilt as equal to his father's.

I don't know if Josh would answer questions. Someone in thread 7 posted an article for the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, the reporter had found the Josh vs DHS years ago. The reporter went to Josh at the used car lot to ask Josh about it and all Josh would say is "You'll have to talk to my dad." So at 20 something Josh wouldn't answer questions about it.

Amandaaries: My mind is a blur from everything I've read this past week but I don't recall Grandpa Rourk mentioned in the police reports? :?

At least one of the kids said they lived with Grandpa Rourk and their parents.

I don't know if Josh would answer questions. Someone in thread 7 posted an article for the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, the reporter had found the Josh vs DHS years ago. The reporter went to Josh at the used car lot to ask Josh about it and all Josh would say is "You'll have to talk to my dad." So at 20 something Josh wouldn't answer questions about it.

I see my comment was unclear. What I meant was IF Josh was the forced to sit for the interview as opposed to his parents.

I am sure JB beat the aforementioned comment into Josh's bald skull- you refer everyone to ME and keep your mouth shut!

I think this is the most reasonable explanation I've heard.

"Dear Sister J. I am heartely sorry for the things that happened. I didn't want to touch you there but your blouse was very tight. I know you didn't mean for it to happen so I'm sure you are very sorry too. Your Brother Josh."

Laughing so hard. In all seriousness. As a molestation/rape survivor, if I ever received an apology letter I wouldn't have absent mindedly stuck it in a book. It would be in a safe place. Or burned. Depending on the letter.

When I first heard that Josh had admitted touching girls inappropriately. I thought no doubt. They have little contact with other children. Exception being siblings the visits with the Bates and others they fellowship. Of course there is going to be sexual explanation when they are young.

Is that what groping your pre-pubescent sisters against their will is? Sexual 'explanation'?

The Duggar children are more sheltered so exploration may come later. Most of us (maybe just me) was explorative when young.

Really? With your own underage, non-consenting siblings? I had a little sister, too. I somehow managed to avoid molesting her - or any other child.

Josh was a young 14 year old. He should not have been charged with sexual assault (IMHO).

What is your opinion based on? If what he did constituted sexual assault, then yes, he should have been charged with sexual assault.

Where ever he was sent most likely has him terrified. Don"t,think he would again have (IMHO) reoffended.

Again, what is this opinion based on? Do you have extensive knowledge of, or experience working with, sex offenders? Do you realize how incredibly unlikely it is for any sex offender to simply stop offending because they got three months of manual labour and a stern talking to?

Josh should not lose his job in Washington. He was a minor and has had no other documented sexual incidents known.

So what? Josh's entire job in Washington was based on his squeaky clean 'moral' image. Pretty much all he did was pontificate about his own holiness and other people's moral failings. His mission in life was to share the good news that everyone who fails to live up to the ridiculous, unhealthy, and appalling standards of his twisted form of 'Christianity' is going straight to hell. Meanwhile, he spent over a year molesting his own siblings, along with at least one unrelated victim, got a slap on the wrist, and then DARED to self-righteously attempt to police the moral and sexual behaviour of strangers. Of course he should have lost his job. He was supposed to be the public face of his organization, and he did the opposite of his job description: he embarrassed them completely and cast a dark shadow over everything they do.

Doesn't it seem like someone would have put that letter on a copy machine or scanner?

Of course there is going to be sexual explanation when they are young.

It is not exploration or "explanation" when the molester does it (a) at night while the victims are 'sleeping' or (b) repeatedly over the course of a year when previously told to stop. Also, when you do something at night when victims are sleeping you KNOW what you are doing isn't right.

He wasn't running around playing tag one day and then having a quick moment of "hey let me see what that is" like a 5 or 6 year old.

Facts people, facts. Oh wait...

Obviously, the Duggars mishandled the whole molestation accusations from the victims and essentially did nothing to protect the victims from Josh. What they did do, was protect Josh from going to juvie. I really don't in my heart blame the Duggars for not wanting Josh in juvie. If he would have went to a juvenile detention center he would have been eaten alive by the more street savvy kids. I think the Duggars knew this and in an attempt to protect Josh they totally betrayed the victims. But if they would have handled this by moving Josh out of the home and into the home of lets say his Grandparents, where no minor children lived and got him intensive psychiatric counseling and limited his involvement with the other children and only allowed adult supervised visitation with his siblings until the psychiatrist felt he was low risk to re-offend. Would the public outcry be as bad?

Obviously, the Duggars mishandled the whole molestation accusations from the victims and essentially did nothing to protect the victims from Josh. What they did do, was protect Josh from going to juvie. I really don't in my heart blame the Duggars for not wanting Josh in juvie. If he would have went to a juvenile detention center he would have been eaten alive by the more street savvy kids. I think the Duggars knew this and in an attempt to protect Josh they totally betrayed the victims. But if they would have handled this by moving Josh out of the home and into the home of lets say his Grandparents, where no minor children lived and got him intensive psychiatric counseling and limited his involvement with the other children and only allowed adult supervised visitation with his siblings until the psychiatrist felt he was low risk to re-offend. Would the public outcry be as bad?

There would be no public outcry because there would have been no TV series.

I agree that they didn't want Josh to go away and be with boys who did the same sort of things he did. He is a very special snowflake. But Jim Bob also had his own reasons for keeping this under wraps.

Yes, JB the busy AR politician, had his own reasons for skirting the law.

Do you guys think it would be better or worse if Smuggar was the one to sit the interview?

I wonder if he's waiting to see how his parents do before he says or does anything . . .

It would absolutely be better if it was Josh alone, and then Jimchelle separately. I want all of them to explain themselves (they won't), and I want Josh to man up and take responsibility for his actions without hiding behind his parents.

Did Derick's dad know JB?

I think if JB and Derick's dad had ever met, they would've played that up on the show like JB could've said something like I only met him once, but he was a great guy or some such. Or Derick could have said that his daddy really admired JB...

On the how we met page, Jill said that Derick was part of a group that sang Christmas carols at the Duggars once, but that neither Derick or Jill noticed each other... bc Derick was too busy man crushing on JB.

The Kelly interview IMHO will be nothing but a rehash of he "made a mistake" and he has "been forgiven". I doubt if the words molestation and/or sexual abuse will be used.

About the letter, has anyone speculated that it might have been Grandma Mary Duggar? I have read all these threads and might have missed it i advertanly.

Does anyone remember footage (now erased) where J'Chelle scolded precious Josie for taking her shrug or jacket off while playing after Jill's wedding? She said that wasn't modest. What does a four year old understand about defrauding?

First time poster here.

OT Long time lurker here, RR, Shraders, Maxwells, Bateses and Rodrigueses. Any suggestions about who I might tackle next?

Is that what groping your pre-pubescent sisters against their will is? Sexual 'explanation'?

Really? With your own underage, non-consenting siblings? I had a little sister, too. I somehow managed to avoid molesting her - or any other child.

What is your opinion based on? If what he did constituted sexual assault, then yes, he should have been charged with sexual assault.

Again, what is this opinion based on? Do you have extensive knowledge of, or experience working with, sex offenders? Do you realize how incredibly unlikely it is for any sex offender to simply stop offending because they got three months of manual labour and a stern talking to?

So what? Josh's entire job in Washington was based on his squeaky clean 'moral' image. Pretty much all he did was pontificate about his own holiness and other people's moral failings. His mission in life was to share the good news that everyone who fails to live up to the ridiculous, unhealthy, and appalling standards of his twisted form of 'Christianity' is going straight to hell. Meanwhile, he spent over a year molesting his own siblings, along with at least one unrelated victim, got a slap on the wrist, and then DARED to self-righteously attempt to police the moral and sexual behaviour of strangers. Of course he should have lost his job. He was supposed to be the public face of his organization, and he did the opposite of his job description: he embarrassed them completely and cast a dark shadow over everything they do.

:clap: not sure if that poster is a leghumper or ill-informed, but your response was better than the "gtfo" I was tempted to post.

The Kelly interview IMHO will be nothing but a rehash of he "made a mistake" and he has "been forgiven". I doubt if the words molestation and/or sexual abuse will be used.

About the letter, has anyone speculated that it might have been Grandma Mary Duggar? I have read all these threads and might have missed it i advertanly.

Does anyone remember footage (now erased) where J'Chelle scolded precious Josie for taking her shrug or jacket off while playing after Jill's wedding? She said that wasn't modest. What does a four year old understand about defrauding?

First time poster here.

OT Long time lurker here, RR, Shraders, Maxwells, Bateses and Rodrigueses. Any suggestions about who I might tackle next?

You've got to check out Helena and Currawong. Some of my fave threads have been about them. Particularly that twin birth story, wow.

Slightly OT: I remember reading about a girl who was a "troubled teen" and sent to one of gothard's facilities, I wanna say she ran away and was considered missing? Can anyone remind me of her name, or give me a helpful search term so I too can fall down the rabbit hole?

I really don't in my heart blame the Duggars for not wanting Josh in juvie. If he would have went to a juvenile detention center he would have been eaten alive by the more street savvy kids.

I understand this too, but I don't think Josh would have just been tossed in juvie to rot for a first offense. The judge would look at all the factors before deciding what way to best approach the issue. With a situation where the molestation happened within the family by a sheltered and homeschooled kid, he'd likely have been sent to a group home or halfway house, complete community service and attend mandatory meetings. He could also have in-home arrest with a relative. That's providing the judge doesn't let him off with a warning or is lenient in some other way being that it's a first offense. Boobchelle could also petition the judge for another solution that would satisfy any of the court's requirement for counseling, treatment, and community service. Being that they're the parents of the victim, the judge would take it into consideration. The key is to get this dealt with at the first offense, not waiting until the offenses become multiple and increase his likelihood of being incarcerated in a higher security facility.

I think it's rather interesting that Michelle doesn't sound like she was on board with JBs plan and may, at the time, have wanted Josh to get actual help. I say this because of the internet post (can't remember if it was Alice or Concernedmom) that said she seeked help outside of the church group and without JBs approval and then how she told in the police report that he wasn't sent to an actual therapy center or whatever like her husband had stated. Maybe at the time she was more concerned for the girls than she came to be now. I wonder what made her change her mind to approving of Josh's "therapy". There are so many peculiarities in that report and in the actions of individuals from this family.

Archived