IGNORED

Josh Duggar, Admitted Child Molester - Part 8

happy atheist

!  {TEXT1}:
Do not speculate about the 5th victim (the non-Duggar). She deserves her privacy.

Do not start threads for every random article about this.

BREAK LINKS to non-news sources.

Keep other speculation reasonable. Yes, there were most likely other crimes committed, but a random person on the internet with a gut feeling is not the same as someone with actual knowledge, and is not going to prompt an investigation or charges.

Read before you post. Yes, the thread is moving fast, but suck it up and read at least a page or two. The conversation runs a lot more smoothly when new people aren't popping up to post the same link over and over and over. Nobody earns any prizes for being the first to post something.

And if you refuse to read the thread before you post, don't act butt-hurt when other people call you out on it.

Police Report: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26063

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26047

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26066

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26077

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26105

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26130

Part 6: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26169

Part 7: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26189

People Magazine thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26184

Scandal Fallout Mega Merge thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26106

Josh, the oldest Duggar child, admitted to molesting five young girls when he was 14 years old.

It's clear that 4 of his victims were his sisters, who, at the time, ranged in age from 4 - 12.

19 Kids and Counting has been pulled from the air, but not officially cancelled (yet). A lot of advertisers are dropping out.

Jim Bob and Michelle will be interviewed by Megyn Kelly on Wednesday of this week. Buzzard has promised to recap.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish someone would write a summary of the other thread. Kthanks! :lol:

I have been trying to screen shot, cut/paste/ the portion of the police report found on page 15, second paragraph from the end, but I have been unsuccessful.

This is where it mentions about the book and the letter. It appears to be a male that wrote the letter and a family friend. I am thinking it's possibly an elder, not sure. Might be the father of the girl who was the 5th victim? Might be a different one...anyone else have ideas?

regarding the letter ...

A letter is found detailing Josh Duggar’s alleged molestation. In Touch magazine reports that "a family friend aware of what had happened had written down in a letter what he knew of [redacted, Josh’s] actions…That letter had been placed in a book and had subsequently been forgotten about. Just recently [in 2006] the book had been loaned to someone else with the letter in it and another person discovered the letter."

etonline.com/news/165063_josh_duggar_molestation_allegations_a_timeline_of_events/

Also around this time, according to the police report, 'a family friend aware of what had happened had written down in a letter what he knew of [redacted, Josh's] actions. 'That letter had been placed in a book and had subsequently been forgotten about. Just recently [in 2006] the book had been loaned to someone else with the letter in it and another person discovered the letter.'

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3091940/I-acted-inexcusably-Josh-Duggar-breaks-silence-molesting-young-girls-teen-parents-claim-scandal-drew-family-closer-God.html#ixzz3bp9LG5TK

The family secret finally came out because of the discovery of a letter written by a family friend with knowledge of the incident. The letter was placed inside a book which was later loaned to a member of the Duggar family’s church.

nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/josh-duggar-accused-underage-sexual-abuse-report-article-1.2231301

About the letter writer, the thought tumbling in the back of my head is perhaps it was John David. He would have been old enough to know about it and feel conflicted. Since they were home churching, I assumed the letter wound up in one of the few available books in the house, which would have been religious, right? Then someone else loaned it out, not knowing what was inside. Teen boys can get pretty angst-y, especially with trouble at home and few available outlets for open discussion.

Option two, in my mind, is Grandpa Ruark, who pops in and out of the police reports.

Option three: someone else. It's an odd , mysterious twist in the tale, isn't it?

About the letter writer, the thought tumbling in the back of my head is perhaps it was John David. He would have been old enough to know about it and feel conflicted. Since they were home churching, I assumed the letter wound up in one of the few available books in the house, which would have been religious, right? Then someone else loaned it out, not knowing what was inside. Teen boys can get pretty angst-y, especially with trouble at home and few available outlets for open discussion.

Option two, in my mind, is Grandpa Ruark, who pops in and out of the police reports.

Option three: someone else. It's an odd , mysterious twist in the tale, isn't it?

One of the quote I posted above from a news article said that the letter writer was a "family friend".

etonline.com/news/165063_josh_duggar_molestation_allegations_a_timeline_of_events/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3091940/I-acted-inexcusably-Josh-Duggar-breaks-silence-molesting-young-girls-teen-parents-claim-scandal-drew-family-closer-God.html#ixzz3bp9LG5TK

Thank you, to the bolded in the second quote, "HE" is what I was getting at....so I'm thinking an elder...maybe?

The weird part is they all knew who wrote the letter. Hmmm. I guess it could have been someone demanding something from someone or writing down what they know/are mad about/want done about it? Maybe it was a letter TO someone?

Leaving a letter like that in a book is like a soap opera trick, really adds mystery.

Grandpa Ruark is an interesting thought....however, JB in the police report said it was a "family friend"....

The weird part is they all knew who wrote the letter. Hmmm. I guess it could have been someone demanding something from someone or writing down what they know/are mad about/want done about it? Maybe it was a letter TO someone?

Leaving a letter like that in a book is like a soap opera trick, really adds mystery.

I never even thought about it being "TO someone", good point. It states it was a letter, not an 'account' of details, so perhaps you are right about that...

who else thinks its totally gross and disturbing that Michelle and JB are going to give an interview about the whole freaking accident on TV? If they were decent ppl they would have said, we suck as parents and after our son abused his own siblings we should never have had the stupid show in the first place, because who are we to play the perfect christian family and "encourage" others to live like us? not when we ourselves have treated masturbation or any for m of sexual satisfaction as a sin, so that our own son became a child molester because he could never just cuddle and snog a bit with a girl his age or at least look at some playboy magazines? but no thats not gonna happen. Instead Mr Boob is going to say that Jesus forgave Josh and so should we so that they dont lose the grave train. How could this show go on after this? whos gonna watch it?

Grandpa Ruark is an interesting thought....however, JB in the police report said it was a "family friend"....

Family friend could have been Deanna's husband for all we know. I wouldn't put it past JB to call his own parents family friends.

The question would be, why would JB not identify the person who wrote or found the letter?

Wouldn't the person who wrote the letter be questioned? If so, is there a record of that?

The person who wrote it gave an account of what took place...so perhaps there are more details in there JB doesn't want anyone to know, or not...maybe only some of the information was found in that letter, not all of what has been disclosed is in that letter.

The person who wrote it might be a high profile politician, maybe? Or, perhaps more than a family friend, a family member as suggested above?

Obviously the person who found the letter must want to remain anonymous, since JB obviously knows who it is....so I should stop speculating on that one. ;)

I wonder if who ever wrote the letter knew the book was going to be lent out and placed the letter in that specific book right before it was lent out?

Because if it was a Dugger child or family member that wrote the letter, why would they have just put it in a random book that might have been found by the family (internally within the Duggar house) and may have never made it to the outside for anyone to read?

The question would be, why would JB not identify the person who wrote or found the letter?

Wouldn't the person who wrote the letter be questioned? If so, is there a record of that?

The person who wrote it gave an account of what took place...so perhaps there are more details in there JB doesn't want anyone to know, or not...maybe only some of the information was found in that letter, not all of what has been disclosed is in that letter.

The person who wrote it might be a high profile politician, maybe? Or, perhaps more than a family friend, a family member as suggested above?

Obviously the person who found the letter must want to remain anonymous, since JB obviously knows who it is....so I should stop speculating on that one. ;)

But who ever wrote the letter would have to know all the details and put the letter inside one of the books in the Duggar house. That would also mean that the letter writer would have stuck the letter inside of a book and had no idea if it would ever make it out of the house or not. Seems to me who would take that chance that is outside the family. That seems like an awful lot of trouble for someone to go through with no idea if the letter would ever reach the outside.

My thinking is it was one of the kids or a close friend (maybe someone confided in by one of the kids) that had access to most of the house and knew something. I wonder what the book was about. It is odd thinking that it may not have ever made it to the outside.

If it was an 'adult' who wrote the letter, why not just mail it off to someone? Why would an adult hide it in a book? Seems to me an adult would have had access to the post office and computers and such. Someone inside the house under age would have been, in my opinion someone who would have wrote and hidden a letter in a book because they had fewer options of being alone outside of the house.

Just my opinion though.

Politicians may often make appallingly stupid decisions, but I don't think any are dumb enough to put incriminating information down on paper in their own handwriting. Especially information about sexual abuse and children.

The letter could very well have been to God. Maybe the information was "weighing on someone's heart" and this was their way of expressing it. Michelle talks about writing to God a lot after Jubilee; that appears to be an acceptable outlet for difficult emotions in the Duggar house. I imagine that with that many kids running around and so little privacy available, someone wound up hurrying to finish it and stuck it somewhere it wouldn't attract immediate notice.

Or an aging and sick Grandpa Ruark, recognizing that his daughter's religious insanity and his son in law's political career (which was feeding that HUGE and growing family) made it impossible for him to do more for the kids, still wanted to express outrage or vent emotionally.

Or someone else. :shifty-kitty:

Everyone knew who wrote the letter? I didn't know that.

I wonder if this story about the letter isn't on some forum or blog or something. Seems like a lot of this story was known around the area, I wonder if someone was talking about it somewhere?

I don't know how I would go about finding it. What types of places or forums would people have spoken/written about it on? No one saw any gossip on this site about a letter, right?

Politicians may often make appallingly stupid decisions, but I don't think any are dumb enough to put incriminating information down on paper in their own handwriting. Especially information about sexual abuse and children.

The letter could very well have been to God. Maybe the information was "weighing on someone's heart" and this was their way of expressing it. Michelle talks about writing to God a lot after Jubilee; that appears to be an acceptable outlet for difficult emotions in the Duggar house. I imagine that with that many kids running around and so little privacy available, someone wound up hurrying to finish it and stuck it somewhere it wouldn't attract immediate notice.

Or an aging and sick Grandpa Ruark, recognizing that his daughter's religious insanity and his son in law's political career (which was feeding that HUGE and growing family) made it impossible for him to do more for the kids, still wanted to express outrage or vent emotionally.

Or someone else.

I'm not sure Duggar and his buddies are smart politicians, though. I'm not awake enough to quote or analyze page 32 of the report, but it talks about who wrote the letter, with plenty of redactions, of course. To me it reads like it could be Jim Holt. Could writing a letter like that possibly be part of some Matthew 18 process?

'RE: The Letter

I don't think any part of the letter getting out was an "accident"

I believe the letter was purposely put in that particular book to be "loaned" out to the exact person it was loaned to.

Maybe I've read too many "real crime" novels?

I wonder if the letter had something to do with accountability and a transparency of sorts. They weren't going to 'come out' to the community at large, but maybe it was a way of making Josh ever-aware that his transgressions were known and that he shouldn't repeat? IDK. Just some thoughts. Disclaimer: I think they screwed up royally through this, just thinking about 'why a letter in a book.'

I'm confused about the letter timeline and the Oprah contact. Was it possible that the letter was just a device to file a police report to head off investigation from child protective services? Like look we found this bit of evidence and went to the cops and they are investigating now so no need for another agency to get involved? The letter would be an easy way to say the evidence was from the past and had not been recent but still present it in a way to make a report to police to head off further investigation?

The "family friend" could also have been someone who was working on the set of Discovery Channel / TLC.

Also, maybe this person put the letter in the book to hid it, but was using the letter to continue updating the abuse.

OK, some points about the letter. The reports on it are very vague, oblique even. So here are my thoughts:

*We don't know:

Who wrote the letter

Who the letter was to, if anybody at all

If the letter was purely an account of what happened, or if it was about something else entirely and the Josh incidents were mentioned tangentially

How much information was in the letter (it could have contained more incidents than was previously admitted or, or just one incident)

What book it was in

If that book was ever even in the Duggar house.

The history of this book. It was loaned to a church member. Who loaned it to them? the church? a family friend? If it was loaned from the church library, the letter could have been stuck in there by an elder, and forgotten. Or the book with letter in it could have been donated to the church by the letter writer. Or A duggar child could have written it, and slipped it in the book of a family friend, hoping for it to get found.

It could have been slipped into a hymnal in the church for all we know, and that book was loaned to someone.

There is a lot more we don't know about it then we do.

On who knew:

Josh (obviously knows every act, from the beginning)

His victims (some were his siblings, but we can't assume all siblings knew everything, younger children might have been sheltered)

Possibly the parents/family of the outside victim

His parents

After a length of time, when it was clear to JB that Josh wasn't going to stop after the first confession: the church elders.

Then the police officer (mr in jail)

After that the church seemed to make him confess, at least some extent, in front of the congregation. (i believe it was just a confessed sin, no specifics given)

I believe that is where Alice wrote her post.

Conjecture: the church elders may have had sermons on sexual sin etc or modesty or protecting children.

I'm guessing this was when things became an "open secret" and rumor abounded. People talk. Especially small town southern church people (no offense meant to them, just a stereotype that they are known for gossip)

In his treatment, we don't know that the people at the "treatment center" (lies and gag) didn't get first hand accounts and confessions from Josh

So within a year I'm guessing a lot of people knew something was up, and were suspicious.

Then a few years later they go to show up on Oprah, and are cancelled, as someone (who??) e-mails her

The letter is found

A police investigation launched (06, am I right about that?)

JB Josh Michelle and the victims were interrogated at that point.

Some of my timeline is fuzzy, so correct anything you find that is wrong please!

I would bet that Jim holt wrote the letter. Mainly because I think he was unnamed source in one of the Arkansas papers saying he accompanied Josh to the police station and insists he told the officer everything.

I wrote in the previous thread that I think the letter writer is the girl Josh was betrothed to. This is because of how I read page 32 of the report. I completely missed the "he" on the other page. Anyway, this is how I read the page:

"She said she talked to [parent name] and found that [girl’s first & last name] was the person who wrote the letter. [girl’s first name] was the person that [Joshua] was supposed to have [been in a betrothal with] until the allegations started."

Archived