IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

You don't want to know what I would do to him. You really don't want to know what would happen if he did that to my children. It would not end well for him at all.

As someone who has been in multiple abuse situations, I have to say that I always think of myself being strong and fighting back and giving someone what's coming to them if they hurt me. But, when I'm in the situation I don't do any of those things.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most reports, including Josh's own statement, puts Josh's molestation at 15 (he's 27 now and he says "Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably..." which would make the girls the following ages based on the difference in their ages and Josh's age at that time:

Jana - 13

Jill - 12

Jessa = 10

Jinger - 9

Joy-Anna - 5

But I'm also sure I read that it happened AGAIN when Josh was 17.

Can someone help me? Did Josh get caught molesting them again at age 17?

Thanks.

The reported events happened in 2002/2003. The investigation took place 3.5 years later.

Ugh..I hadn't thought of that!

I still believe Jana was the one working towards the GED in the interviews. I just CAN'T believe she'd go to DC and road trip with Josh and Anna otherwise. She is clearly still a victim in this because she now feels personally responsible for all the younger girls and their safety. I hope she (or the older girls) doesn't blame herself for what happened. Also, Jill's instagram is void of Josh pics and Jessa has only one and wishes him a "happy bday bro" and an I love you. :|

Whether or not God forgives Josh is between him and God. But I want to know why it's even relevant. Just because God forgives him, that doesn't have anything to do with Josh bearing the natural consequences of his crime. And it's not just Josh's crime at this point but his parents and anyone involved who worked to conceal the truth.

I feel very sad for the girls but I do think that the Duggar empire needs to fall. It's just a shame there are so many innocent kids it's going to crush when it does.

They also turned their daughters into the servant of the person who molested them. They probably had to pack his bags for their trips. We know they had to cook for him and do his laundry. Those poor girls were made to wake up each day and not only live with their abuser, but actually take care of him.

Wait, what? WHAT??? Joshua Duggar can't even do the most common personal things for himself? Why on earth should his sisters have to serve him? Because he has a penis? Oh God help me, now I want to punch his fat lights out. (And I can say that because I'm a fat person, ha.)

What a useless prick he is. And that father of his, I'm just waiting for his massive BDSM trove to be unearthed.

I just keep coming back to this photo...

post-8463-14452000308184_thumb.jpg

So there have at least been two incidents involving molestation in the Duggar home church. Does anyone else remember Valerie Young aka Proverbs Mom? Her daughter was abused by her step father. IIRC there was no real help for Val's daughter. I wonder how the elders could have 'helped' the victim? I wonder how many more cases of abuse the Duggar church has failed other victims?

You can read about the incident here:http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=294&t=18981&p=612421&hilit=Proverbs+mom+kristen#p612421

Edited to fix typo and add link

Two other things I was thinking about-

1. Even if Jana said she wasn't molested, doesn't mean she wasn't. When the girls were interviewed they were older, old enough to withhold information to please their father who wanted the whole matter swept under the rug. It could be much worse than the report says.

2. I was thinking of John-David. Obviously he's the same age as Jana, he must have known something. But I never got the vibe from him I got from Josh- JD has always seemed shy, nice, normal and as he gets older pretty over his family. He has also, interestingly, never seemed particularly close to Josh. They are very, very different people.

One unexpected thing that has come about since the child abuse revelation is that I discovered through facebook a friend of a friend is former ATI. She posted this link (I don't think she wrote it though). I've had quite a few conversations with her since Thursday, so interested to hear her experiences in the cult.

throwingoutbathwater.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/if-you-are-talking-about-josh-duggar-you-are-missing-the-point/

If you are talking about Josh Duggar, you are missing the point

My Facebook feed has recently exploded with news about the scandal surrounding Josh Duggar. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a link to the latest news article, and everyone has a pretty strong opinion about what everyone involved in the situation should do.

And it seems to me that all of them are missing the point.

The victims are more important than the abuser. Long before questions about the status of a reality TV show, or the reputation of a family, or the job of a B-list celebrity enter our minds, we should be asking about the victims. Have they been given access to quality counselling? Is there any way to protect them from media attention? How have they been able to cope with the trauma of this abuse?

Rather than posting a “I stand with the Duggars!†picture, or a status berating TLC for promoting this family, wouldn’t it be a much better idea to boldly proclaim, “I stand with the weak, with the innocent, with the abused� Whatever happens to a TV show isn’t that big of a deal. Whether Josh Duggar should have resigned or not doesn’t actually matter all that much. How this affects the public perception of Jim Bob is very trivial. There are much, much weightier issues here. How can we, as a society, support and affirm the value of victims of sexual abuse, both these particular women and millions of less famous women?

Isn’t that really a more important topic for conversation?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hold no ill will against the Duggar family. I do not rejoice to see them publicly shamed. I’m not glad they have been caught up in a scandal. I do not wish to see their family name drug through the dirt. I really, honestly wish the very best for them. I pray that this trial brings them closer. I pray God gives them wisdom, and love for each other.

But I think there is an important lesson to be learned here. And while I hesitate to write this, fearing that my words will cause unnecessary pain for their family, I feel compelled to point out a very real danger; a danger that is illustrated perfectly by this situation.

You cannot shelter you family from sin.

The Duggar lifestyle–a lifestyle encouraged by IBLP teaching and practice–is designed to protect. Protect the hearts of children. Protect from the evils of rock music. Protect teens from lust. Protect girls from creating unhealthy soul ties. Protect young people from temptation.

Don’t associate with the “worldly†youth group at church.

Don’t go to movie theaters.

Don’t listen to pop music on the radio.

Don’t allow co-ed swimming.

Don’t separate the family for Sunday school.

Don’t watch TV.

Don’t go to college.

Don’t study secular thinkers.

Don’t become romantically involved with someone without your parent’s approval.

But it doesn’t work. Sin is in our hearts. Sin is not something outside, it’s not something that seeps into your life through movies, or music, or friends, or white flour, or unhealthy soul ties. It’s in the very center of your being. And no matter how protected you are, no matter how far you remove yourself from evil influences, that sin will still be there. Rules, boundaries and lifestyle choices will never remove it. Only Christ can do that.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pray for the victims. Pray for the Duggars. Pray for Josh.

And seeing this terrible, painful situation, please understand this important truth;

No lifestyle, no rules, no pattern of family management will ever remove sin from someone’s heart.

The police report says Jim Bob was first told by one of the siblings that this was happening in March 2002.

Josh's birthday is March 3, 1988 meaning he just turned 14 when it was first made known.

The report says he did it again and was caught in March 2003 and sent away shortly after and purportedly never did it again. Making him 15 when he was sent to Little Rock supposedly for help.

The police were not made aware of this until 2006 at which time the statute of limitations had expired and Josh was already 18 years if age.

Is that Jana or Jessa? It looks more like Jessa to me, particularly in the hair and the chin.

Is that Jana or Jessa? It looks more like Jessa to me, particularly in the hair and the chin.

The nose gives it away for me; it's clearly Jana.

It depends on the state and local laws. In some places, you can go to strip clubs at 18.

Thanks for the info. i will never understand how the U.S. works, some things just baffle me.

I also noticed that on Gawker someone shared an anecdote about how the Duggars required pickles when they visited the TLC offices because for some odd reason pickles made them feel calm. Well, guess what Jana and the other girls were eating in the first season when Josh drives them to Florida to Anna's house. In every shot where Jana is sitting in the front seat with Josh, she's eating a pickle.

So there have at least been two incidents involving molestation in the Duggar home church. Does anyone else remember Valerie Young aka Proverbs Mom? Her daughter was abused by her step father. IIRC there was no real help for Val's daughter. I wonder how the elders could have 'helped' the victim? I wonder how many more cases of abuse the Duggar church has failed other victims?

You can read about the incident here:http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=294&t=18981&p=612421&hilit=Proverbs+mom+kristen#p612421

Edited to fix typo and add link

Didn't the daughter come to terms with what happened to her when she went to Journey to the Heart? Poor Jana has been sent there so many times. I wonder why.

They also turned their daughters into the servant of the person who molested them. They probably had to pack his bags for their trips. We know they had to cook for him and do his laundry. Those poor girls were made to wake up each day and not only live with their abuser, but actually take care of him.

I've been so busy trying to wrap my brain around the actual police interview details that I didn't even think about this. :ew:

In March 2002 the girls ages would have been:

Jana- 12

Jill- 10

Jessa- 9

Jinger- 8

Joy- 4

The only girl who had already had a birthday for 2002 by March was Jana with a birthday in January. The rest have birthdays later than March with three not having a birthday until Autumn.

I also noticed that on Gawker someone shared an anecdote about how the Duggars required pickles when they visited the TLC offices because for some odd reason pickles made them feel calm. Well, guess what Jana and the other girls were eating in the first season when Josh drives them to Florida to Anna's house. In every shot where Jana is sitting in the front seat with Josh, she's eating a pickle.

That doesn't really weird me out though. JB and Michelle have both said that the pickles help the kids somehow with motion sickness. It may just be a shared favorite food; my family likes peanut butter and maple syrup on our pancakes, which a good chunk of people I've met consider weird.

I think sometimes the actual details are unimportant. The fact is that children were unsafe in this home while they were asleep -- it is very likely that they were assaulted and never knew. Why would an abuser 'fess up to situations that no one but him remembers? I am guessing the planning of the TTH was careful and monitoring of rooms continues to this day - I suspect the older girls feel a responsibility to sleep with the younger ones for a reason and perhaps even appreciate the extra "alarms."

As I'd previously posted, I doubt that these are the only 4-5 incidents, I doubt the fifth sister was not abused and I really don't think that Josh is a pedophile (none of us can know a true diagnosis - it is incredibly unfair to make any conjecture based on such minimal information that has been released to the media - the consequences of that label are dire to him and all of those around him, including the victims).

I've just seen a brilliant quote on a Facebook like page. It's in French, but I've translated it, and it is SO pertinent to this whole saga:

"Never do something wrong to a girl. She may pardon you, but she will never forget."

Disclaimer: I'am not a psychiatrist or psychologist, this is based on my opinion only and not scientific fact. I do however have experience in the field of psychiatric nursing.

You know if Sigmund Freud was alive he would probably have a field day with the Duggars. This has turned into nothing short of a case study for a student of psychiatry. The psychological dynamics that have lead up to this perverted Duggar storm are nothing short of disturbing and oddly diabolical in nature.

I believe that Josh Duggar was groomed from infancy to be Daddy Duggars' mini-me. Jim-Bob made Josh into a likeness of himself, because that's what men who believe they are God do. Out of all the Duggar boys it is clear that Josh acts just like his father and Jim-Bob who thinks he is a God is proud of that, he wanted that, that was his intention from day one. The only thing that surpasses JB's lust for sex is his lust for control and power. JB worked hard to instill that into his prodigal son, as well.

From the time JB was a young boy, he knew what type of woman he wanted. Of course he wanted someone who would pleasing to the eye, but more importantly he wanted someone he could control. Like a predator he sought out a woman that would be submissive and not question his authority. In enters Michelle. JB knew in order to gain the power and control that he needed to, to fulfill HIS heart's desires he needed to take her from the home of her father directly into his home. He didn't want her to gain access to the outside World or gain any independence apart from him. She was young, only 17 and didn't question his motives her heart was filled with love for a Godly man who would soon become her captor.

In the beginning of their marriage the power and control of JB may not have been so obvious. Some may say this was their honeymoon period where they just languished in the bright ray of their love. However, as any power hungry narcissist like JB knows, before you can completely control someone you first have to lay on the charm, as superficial as it is, in order to make sure that person is trusting everything you say and not questioning your authority or plotting an escape. Shortly, here after, JB was introduced to the teachings of Gothard. Gothard was like a demi-god for sociopathic control seeking men. The gospel according to Gothard talked about everything that JB desired and JB without a second thought drank from the Gothard fountain of perversion gleefully.

Shortly after the prodigal son Smuggar was born and with JB and Michelle beginning their descent into Gothardism, a miscarriage happened. JB convinced Michelle it was due to the birth control she was taking and the decision was made according to the Quiverfull teachings that they then would leave the number of children they had up to God. JB's possession of Michelle was now complete, he now possessed her, mind, heart and BODY.

As headship to a growing family, JB knew if something happened to him he would have to have a replacement, the grooming of the oldest son had begun. JB wanted to make sure if he wasn't around that there would be someone to stand in his place to guide his family down the road he wanted them to be on. Even in death, JB still wanted to have complete and unwavering control over what he had created. The Duggar family was his masterpiece, sculpted from his very loin, he knew he could keep what he had created together if he created a creature just like him. The younger boys began being born but they were not groomed to be JB's mini-me's, they were groomed to walk in the shadow of the all powerful JB and mini-me. JB has made sure that the younger brother's will never try to mutiny for there can only be one JB and Mini-me

As we know now of the Duggar skeletons from Josh's youth that were at one point tucked nicely away in the broom closet have now been exposed. The Duggar house of cards has fallen, but the control will still remain.

Now some may think I'm victimizing Michelle, I'm not really. I believe as much as JB wanted to control she wanted to be controlled. Although she was young, she still had a mind of her own, she allowed her headship to manipulate her and turn her into a devalued woman who only felt value as a woman by having children that she did not desire or want to raise.

So now the cycle of power continues into a new generation as Josh carefully selected a bride who most resembled his mother.

I am still sick over this

my dad listened to BBC news last night and said they covered the Duggars are worth 400 million - I don't think this is true

what exactly happened to Jessa on the laundry room -that is the part I didn't see in the police report

and I am disgusted by Guinn Seewald - disgusted

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/watch-m ... -adultery/

Oh, the truth, it burns!

Michelle Duggar accepting the "mother of the year" award from Doug Phillips (is a tool). Both were concealing sexual sins and are actually hypocrites of the year.

I believe Michelle has been "mother of the year" at least three times, twice while forcing her daughters to suck up their emotions for their financial gain.

Archived