IGNORED

Josh Duggar alleged sexual abuse - new developments

NotALoserLikeYou

I would like to take a moment to remind every one there is a free app called Pocket. Nice thing to have if you run across things on the internet that might be deleted later like posts and comments on public fundie social media and blogs.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the article about the ex-state trooper:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2012 ... rn/?latest

According to the article from In Touch:

So... if Hutchens was only a bailiff at the time of the incident, then why the hell was he taking reports about Josh? Why was he involved in the case at all? Bailiffs are court officials, right? Not law officers?

Also from In Touch:

No, the retired state trooper/bailiff was arrested in 2005, allegedly just after the incident. The statute of limitations wouldn't have been reached by then.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

The State Trooper/Bailiff was convicted in 2007, even then the statute of limitations wouldn't have been up. Obviously, right after he was arrested in 2005, his cases would have been handed over to another investigator to take over.. So basically the case file just sat in a file cabinet for years and no one was assigned to it? It makes no sense. So then years later someone calls CPS and says "Oh did you know about a case that involved Josh Duggar....blah, blah, blah". So CPS calls Springdale Police Department to report that they had a report on something concerning Josh in 2005 and the Springdale Police say.."Well if it happened in 2005, then the statute of limitations would be up on it". But since when do statutes on alleged sexual crimes expire? People come forward all the time as adults about things that happened when they were children and it is prosecuted. So it makes no sense.

Sorry, I was going by the OP in the thread. I was wrong.

No worries. :)

I'm so uncomfortable with all of this; I think it's important to seek the truth, correct errors, and put old rumors to rest (when applicable).

Just clarifying, do you think that JB turned him in to police? And if so, you think he saw his son being abused and blamed his son? Given their "low cut shirt is asking for rape or impure thoughts" beliefs I can't see him blaming Josh for anything that very clearly wasn't Josh's fault.

The ONLY part of this that makes me think it might be more than a horrific rumor is the officer saying it involved minors and can't comment. The rest is too out there for me to believe without proof. And the officer's comment could completely be there was an investigation that led to nothing.

That was not what I meant at all. The wording on the InTouch Article was vague, and I thought it just said JB knew something inappropriate had happened. I was suggesting that perhaps JB had not 'turned him in' but taken him in to report that something inappropriate had happened to Josh. We know that he wasn't old enough for 4th degree sexual assault, being only 17, but maybe he was with someone older who could have been. That was all I was suggesting.

And to be honest I'm not convinced anything happened myself.

Concernedmom's post from the FACTnet message board Firiel linked to earlier, dated Monday, April 4, 2005

I don't know what Factnet is. But what's the story with this? Is this post known to be completely made up? Or no?

I also don't know who this "C" person is that people are referencing. Is that Concernedmom?

I feel so out of the loop being new here.

But really all it would take to calm this down is for that Sgt. Darrel Hignite to come out and say "I was misquoted by In Touch magazine I did not mean to imply there was a case against Josh Duggar, I was simply stating that I could not talk about a case involving juveniles If there was one."

Agree.

The silence from the Duggars, TLC and Sgt. Hignite is starting to scare me.

I don't know what Factnet is. But what's the story with this? Is this post known to be completely made up? Or no?

I also don't know who this "C" person is that people are referencing. Is that Concernedmom?

I feel so out of the loop being new here.

I don't know what FACTnet is, either. We don't know if the post is made up or not, but it is (one of) the earliest mentions of this Josh thing. We don't know who "concernedmom" is, or what names she might have used elsewhere.

"C" is the real identity of Razing Ruth, a known scammer you can read about here if you really want to: viewforum.php?f=88

She is thought to be the originator of this rumor, and that's what some people are trying to figure out. If it was "C" who started it then it is almost definitely bullshit.

Well the story is definitely gaining traction, it's on the "Trending" side bar of my Facebook page.

Was just on my Facebook and under the "news" section the on side, Joshie being turned in for sexual assualt has now made the news!

I don't know what FACTnet is, either. We don't know if the post is made up or not, but it is (one of) the earliest mentions of this Josh thing. We don't know who "concernedmom" is, or what names she might have used elsewhere.

"C" is the real identity of Razing Ruth, a known scammer you can read about here if you really want to: viewforum.php?f=88

She is thought to be the originator of this rumor, and that's what some people are trying to figure out. If it was "C" who started it then it is almost definitely bullshit.

Thanks! That helps a lot actually.

If this is all a rumor by someone...as much as the Duggars drive me crazy, I do feel bad about this.

Was just on my Facebook and under the "news" section the on side, Joshie being turned in for sexual assualt has now made the news!

Just saw it trending as news on Facebook myself. I still think it's not likely to have been anything serious (although yes, I could be wrong), but at this point I doubt they can avoid addressing this issue in some way, when the story/rumor has gone this public.

edit: riffles

Not believing it until I see a copy of the police report. Some things are just too easy.

(Naturally I want to see the Duggars go down. But I think I want to see J'Chelle and Jim Bob be the ones hit, not Josh. Those kids are what their parents made them; not so for the parents themselves. Let's wait and see...)

I'm late to this party, but I'm shocked.

I'd love to actually see the police report. if the tabloids have seen it, surely it's public record? Normally when there's a police report, don't they post it?

Not believing it until I see a copy of the police report. Some things are just too easy.

(Naturally I want to see the Duggars go down. But I think I want to see J'Chelle and Jim Bob be the ones hit, not Josh. Those kids are what their parents made them; not so for the parents themselves. Let's wait and see...)

I agree, first of all, I don't have much trust for any "news" these days. Let me see the docs themselves.

These allegations are too damning to run with until I see some evidence.

I hope Josh would sue. While he's a public figure, and he'd have to show that the publishers had "actual malice" in publishing the story, all that means really is that they made up the story of the police report. But I realize that there's many reasons why an innocent person would not chose to clear his name in this way.

I'm late to this party, but I'm shocked.

I'd love to actually see the police report. if the tabloids have seen it, surely it's public record? Normally when there's a police report, don't they post it?

Josh was a juvenile when the alleged offense occurred (if, indeed, it did) and those records are generally sealed; in other words not public.

Was Josh ever betrothed to someone besides Anna? When he was 14?

The original story was that he was courting a Holt girl but it was called off because of the sin in the camp.

This rumor has never been proven to be anything more than a fantasy.

Josh was a juvenile when the alleged offense occurred (if, indeed, it did) and those records are generally sealed; in other words not public.

'

So then how would InTouch have discovered it?

FWIW, I do not believe that Razing Ruth is concernedmom. That forum displays the IP address used to post, and I searched the one associated with concernedmom's post. It came up as Rogers, AR which is not far from Duggarville. That certainly doesn't mean it's TRUE, but it likely means it wasn't Razing Ruth, whose failure to hide her true IP address has been her undoing in several schemes.

Archived