IGNORED

Josh Duggar alleged sexual abuse - new developments

NotALoserLikeYou

Jessa isn't doing a jender reveal?

The smug smile on his face in those radar pics makes me want to punch him.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Honey Boo Boo thing, it seems like there was a lot of gossip about this, and then TMZ or something got a hold of documents or people coming forward and saying, "Yes, this happened," and then it blew up and TLC canceled the show.

So my theory is that if there is documentation showing anything vaguely scandalous, someone will get a hold of it in the next few days. Maybe it's TMZ; they're sleazy but good at finding dirt like this (and also knowing when celebrities are dead).

The people who "know" this happened will either provide something resembling documentation or they won't. I noticed it was trending on Facebook tonight as well; that's why I came over here when I should be working on a big project (yeah, I'll get to it in a second).

Either way, it feels like this media cycle is hitting critical mass, where something credible is either going to come out or it's not. Personally, I have a hard time imagining the worst-case scenarios being true; I hope they aren't. I hope it's all some silly thing that "Josh touched a girl's boob and JB went to the police."

If Josh did do something truly awful and wasn't prosecuted, then I don't have much sympathy for him, but it does seem like there is some police report regarding Josh out there somewhere. That could mean a million different things. I'm sure there are reporters (for TMZ and "credible" places) digging and working their sources right now; I don't think the Duggars are so good that they could keep a lid on this forever if something disturbing truly did happen.

I woke up to it the top trending news post on FaceBook. Why couldn't the other bad stuff Josh has attempted to do gotten this trending?

I want to see that police report from a reputable source before I believe a word of this. It is just recycled rumors being picked up by more and more outlets. I don't like a lot of things about Josh and his beliefs but he doesn't deserve this kind of reputation killing falsehood which at the moment it appears to be. Even more so Anna and the M kids don't deserve it.

Despite the massive mess that are the Duggars, Josh and Anna seem to be the most normal and hands-on parents of the bunch so far. It would be cruel to ruin them over false rumors. Josh has looked awful and worn out for over a year now. I can't even imagine the stress inside his home tonight. I rarely feel sorry for him about anything, but on this I do.

TMZ has learned how to work the legal system. They have a full time staff at the LA County Clerk offices that goes through EVERY. SINGLE. FILE. once they are released to the public. Every legal anything that goes through the Thirty Mile Zone is looked at by a TMZ staffer. Buzzfeed has a great article about Harvey and his methods.

You can bet that if they think there is something worth uncovering, TMZ will send a person over to Arkansas to go through the files until they find SOMETHING. I just don't know if there is really something there.

I don't think there is some big coverup though. I don't think they've sent JD to the police department to shred the files. I stand by that Josh did something like hold a girl's hand before he was in a courtship and the two idiot parents freaked out and had to exert control.

At least... that's what I'm hoping for everyone's sake. No one deserves to be a victim of sexual assault and nobody deserves to be falsely accused of it either.

Buuuuuuut... if this starts being the thing that opens eyes to the raging hypocrisy that is lurking in Tonitown... it won't be all bad. I just hope all blame goes where it is actually deserved - on the parents.

TMZ has learned how to work the legal system. They have a full time staff at the LA County Clerk offices that goes through EVERY. SINGLE. FILE. once they are released to the public. Every legal anything that goes through the Thirty Mile Zone is looked at by a TMZ staffer. Buzzfeed has a great article about Harvey and his methods.

You can bet that if they think there is something worth uncovering, TMZ will send a person over to Arkansas to go through the files until they find SOMETHING. I just don't know if there is really something there.

I don't think there is some big coverup though. I don't think they've sent JD to the police department to shred the files. I stand by that Josh did something like hold a girl's hand before he was in a courtship and the two idiot parents freaked out and had to exert control.

At least... that's what I'm hoping for everyone's sake. No one deserves to be a victim of sexual assault and nobody deserves to be falsely accused of it either.

Buuuuuuut... if this starts being the thing that opens eyes to the raging hypocrisy that is lurking in Tonitown... it won't be all bad. I just hope all blame goes where it is actually deserved - on the parents.

I believe Harvey is/was a lawyer of some sorts. Tmz is FBI good at times with getting dirt on people, so until they or PEOPLE say anything about this scandal I will take it with a grain of salt. TMZ uncovered pictures and documents for the Honey Boo-Boo fiasco, which put the nail in the coffin for the show. Like you said, if there really is a *legitimate* case against Josh, TMZ WILL uncover it.

I believe Harvey is/was a lawyer of some sorts. Tmz is FBI good at times with getting dirt on people, so until they or PEOPLE say anything about this scandal I will take it with a grain of salt. TMZ uncovered pictures and documents for the Honey Boo-Boo fiasco, which put the nail in the coffin for the show. Like you said, if there really is a *legitimate* case against Josh, TMZ WILL uncover it.

I have to agree. If there is truth at all to this then TMZ will uncover it. If I see it there I will be more inclined to believe it. I cannot stand a lot about the Duggars but I truly hope that this is not true. And I am kinda surprised that there has not been a statement from the family regarding this. But then again maybe I shouldn't be.

I'm not too shocked that it's quiet on the Duggar front. It's only been about the last 12 hours that this has really taken off. These are rumors that have been floating around for YEARS... they probably didnt realize it was even still a thing.

Then, since the show is going to be involved, they're gonna have to buddy up with TLC to "approve" their statement in this case. TLC is gonna run all their background checks to make sure the Duggars aren't lying because good god they don't need another Honey Boo Boo Situation.

Expect some noise coming out of the Duggar camp sometime during the late morning tomorrow.

I woke up to it the top trending news post on FaceBook. Why couldn't the other bad stuff Josh has attempted to do gotten this trending?

Honestly this is the thing that bothers me the most. People going on about rumors like this when we know for a fact that Josh spends his days working for a hate group that actively campaigns to take away the rights of people they disagree with.

I logged on to FJ because this was trending on my facebook. It's still an unfounded rumor from what I can tell, and it drives me up the wall that something that the media can sensationalize like this makes the news, but his hateful lobbying work is just business as usual.

I found this trending on Facebook and of course it's an article with no real substance. No matter who it is I think they are innocent until proven guilty and nothing I have read about this gives me any reason to judge Josh one way or another. I know nothing about psuedo-celebrity damage control but I won't be surprised if they don't just ignore this one.

Right?! Why does it have to be this topic that, if true, happened about a decade ago? Why can't it be anything that talks about the things he's done at the FRC?

I like others saw it on Facebook in the middle of the night. I've read through the thread and read the articles and I'm not really sure what I believe and what I don't. I won't even speculate because, I don't want to do that with this kind of rumor minor or no minor.

True or not I feel really bad for Anna and the children. I think it would be appropriate with it trending for them to say something, but I have absolutely no idea if they will.

I think that they are going to have to say something, but what? With these kind of allegations, you can't just let it ride. If innocent, a denial is all he can do. If he's anything less than completely innocent, that's a lot trickier.

Don't think that TLC and JimBob have not been up all night trying to figure out what to do with this.

I would still like to see the police report, which has obviously been made public and not sealed if InTouch can get it. I have the feeling that what's in it is cryptic.

Right?! Why does it have to be this topic that, if true, happened about a decade ago? Why can't it be anything that talks about the things he's done at the FRC?

What shut down Honey Boo Boo was similar = also based on a situation that had happened years before. This type of thing is a personal failing. Josh's job at the FRC is supported by the Duggars' fans unfortunately.

What shut down Honey Boo Boo was similar = also based on a situation that had happened years before. This type of thing is a personal failing. Josh's job at the FRC is supported by the Duggars' fans unfortunately.

Plus, the view that the FRC is a hate group only seems to be shared by progressives. Conservatives, including the ones of make up the bulk of the Duggars' legitimate fans (as opposed to snarkers), don't seem to have a problem with them, because they perceive them as standing up to "the gay lobby."

Also, I always assumed that concernedmom was an alias of Razing Ruth, but upon learning that her IP address was from northern Arkansas, it makes me wonder if maybe she really did have some inside information. The Duggars may have many leghumpers in Arkansas, but I bet they also have a lot of detractors as well, especially from other local fundies that they may have mistreated in some way.

As of now, there's nothing on TMZ about this, but I bet they have to have someone researching it. If TMZ does come out with a "smoking gun" of some kind, then I'll really know this rumor is true.

I do feel for Anna and the M kids. Whether this is a baseless internet rumor or a real thing that happened, it sucks. :(

Do you feel like the Duggars are starting to get bad press? There was such a surge in interest in them with Jill's wedding and pregnancy, it was like they were royals or Kardashians. Now, I feel like the tide might be turning...starting with sling gate...

Well some parents including me would Turn their child in if they did something wrong. I don't know what to believe of the rumors but fundies do sweep abuse under the rug.

I'd turn my child, spouse, parent, you name it over to the police if they EVER committed a crime against another person and I knew of it, saw it, heard the victim speak of it, or could effect justice for the victim in any way. Even if it meant that I would lose the type of life I now enjoy because my spouse was found guilty and incarcerated. I would do it without hesitation because I know right from wrong, and because I believe that a house which allows wrongdoing of a criminal nature to go hidden is a house which will be destroyed.

I was raised Baptist, and I was taught these things. We do not allow others to be exploited, hurt, or otherwise victimized because each of us has a voice.

My parents would also have turned me in if I had committed a crime against another person, I have no doubt. I would have deserved what punishment I got. There's also the matter of forgiveness in God's eyes, which is what most of you are focusing on, and which is totally separate from facing charges and owning up to wrongdoing in the courts in this world.

I don't believe the Duggar parents would condone or hide any criminal or possible criminal activity or accusation of same on the part of any of their children who are at or past the age of knowing right from wrong.

They are really "out there" as far as the number of children they have and all the horrible Gothard teachings mess, but I think Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar have morals and values that come from the Bible, not just Gothard. ( who is a sicko old pedophile that has no real power over anyone any longer).

They were Christians before they were Gothard followers.

A person who sees a crime or has direct knowledge of a crime and does nothing when they are in a position to do many things ( such as a parent with a 17 year old son who did something which is against the law) is implicit in that criminal behavior. There's no gray area conferred by relationship status. The Bible doesn't teach that moral forgiveness of a sin and punishment for disobeying the laws of man through the justice system are the same thing.

It'll probably be brought up if a bigger news outlet like tmz and enews pick it up. I did see an article yesterday that said antigay activist investigated for sexual assault yesterday. It was about Josh.

The original story was that he was courting a Holt girl but it was called off because of the sin in the camp.

This rumor has never been proven to be anything more than a fantasy.

Who is the Holt girl?

Who is the Holt girl?

One of the daughters of Jim Holt, Arkansas politician. JB was quite involved in a political campaign of his that was eventually unsuccessful.

I don't have a FB account.. Are any of the pseudo-Duggar FB pages commenting on the " trending news" story there?

I remember when the best source for truth vs. rumors was The Smoking Gun.

They would scan the documents in, with names and other identifying info of victims redacted when appropriate. You could find out a lot from the autopsy reports they published that never were scrutinized by MSM because they didn't know how to interpret the findings before they had medical experts on board.

Now, I just looked at the site and it looks like a really crappy site :ew: that was bought out by a tabloid, which I don't read.

I don't have a FB account.. Are any of the pseudo-Duggar FB pages commenting on the " trending news" story there?

I remember when the best source for truth vs. rumors was The Smoking Gun.

They would scan the documents in, with names and other identifying info of victims redacted when appropriate. You could find out a lot from the autopsy reports they published that never were scrutinized by MSM because they didn't know how to interpret the findings before they had medical experts on board.

Now, I just looked at the site and it looks like a really crappy site :ew: that was bought out by a tabloid, which I don't read.

Wow! I haven't heard of the Smoking Gun in a long time! Thanks for that memory refresher.

Plus, the view that the FRC is a hate group only seems to be shared by progressives. Conservatives, including the ones of make up the bulk of the Duggars' legitimate fans (as opposed to snarkers), don't seem to have a problem with them, because they perceive them as standing up to "the gay lobby."

Also, I always assumed that concernedmom was an alias of Razing Ruth, but upon learning that her IP address was from northern Arkansas, it makes me wonder if maybe she really did have some inside information. The Duggars may have many leghumpers in Arkansas, but I bet they also have a lot of detractors as well, especially from other local fundies that they may have mistreated in some way.

As of now, there's nothing on TMZ about this, but I bet they have to have someone researching it. If TMZ does come out with a "smoking gun" of some kind, then I'll really know this rumor is true.

I bet that could change pretty quickly if a more critical eye is turned towards the Duggars. FRC is pretty far out there even as social conservatives go. They have all kinds of wacky positions, like being anti-divorce, that even people who feel a tribal obligation to support conservative causes might balk at if they knew more about it. And Tony Perkins is pretty much a white supremacist.

You know, maybe there is truth that the local PD has a file on Josh Duggar. It's totally possible that he went out one night, family noticed he wasn't in his bed, reported him missing, and that's all that happened. There would be a file for something like that.

If that was the case, would the officer who commented be able to say something like "it involved minors and I can't comment, but it was nothing of this nature" in regards to sex abuse? I would think insinuating someone was involved in sexual abuse is a little worse than saying a minor was involved in a police case. Though I suppose the law doesn't differentiate with privacy rules.

Archived