IGNORED

People leghumping the Duggars, other TLC stars?

BrownieMomma

So what is the deal in the last idk how many months, it seems like People exists to publish the Duggars. Fundies would not be your typical market for People magazine, so are the Duggars really selling issues?

I notice that other shows that are heavily advertised on TLC do not have their cast in the media as much as the Duggars. Like Theresa Caput, the Long Island medium.

Why are the Duggars in People so much and pop up on my yahoo all the darn time.

People does fluff pieces on the Duggars for the most and same with Yahoo. While the Duggars in People quite a bit and they do daytime shows like Dr. Oz, GMA, and Today, they don't do a lot of promotion outside of those venues.

Theresa Caputo does both daytime and late night shows to promote her show. She also had a national commercial for Priceline and another one for a car commercial that featured her daughter. Theresa has also done a major daytime show like Ellen.

There is definitely interest in the Duggars, but as I've said in other threads, their fundie beliefs do hold them back for certain forms of promotion.

I'm sure little old ladies in the grocery check out line and SAHMs enjoy seeing the happy news of babies and weddings that the Duggars will continue to provide via the cover of vapid rags like People Magazine.Everyone here loves to predict that the TLC gravy train is going reach the end of the line soon, but it really shows no sign of stopping and it's doubtful that they will ever have a scandal to rival Honey Boo Boo resulting in cancellation. Besides, if they're investing the huge lump sums from People for exclusive pics and interviews, they will continue on into perpetuity. America will probably never know how screwed up they are, they don't want to know it, and this country has a high tolerance for religious whack jobs. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they would get a regular column.

Magazines like People and US Magazine have deals with channels like TLC and E! to promote their shows. RadarOnline does the same thing. That is why they always get the exclusive. This is why Kate Gosselin was on the cover of People so many times. It isn’t that people cared so much because her and it isn’t as though they sold more magazines because of her. Very few people care about the Duggars, not enough to warrant so many magazine covers. It’s all just marketing. I miss the old People Magazine when they did real stories.

You're right. It does seem that People is different now. What changed?

How well do the Duggars sell magazines?

Why is TLC pushing the Duggars so hard? Does TLC push any other shows as much?

I don't get it either why the Duggars more so than other couples on TLC. I've never seen (maybe once) an article about any of the little people promoted on People. The 7 Little Johnstons are a new cute family that I like to watch but People hasn't chosen to do a fluff article on them or any of the others. Why?

The Duggars get more magazine covers than other tlc reality stars because the Duggars are selling sex. People magazine exists to fascinate the grocery store shoppers of the world with the sex lives of celebrities. And here is an interestingly huge white family that has been selling SEX (in marriage without birth control)

People does fluff pieces on the Duggars for the most and same with Yahoo. While the Duggars in People quite a bit and they do daytime shows like Dr. Oz, GMA, and Today, they don't do a lot of promotion outside of those venues.

Theresa Caputo does both daytime and late night shows to promote her show. She also had a national commercial for Priceline and another one for a car commercial that featured her daughter. Theresa has also done a major daytime show like Ellen.

There is definitely interest in the Duggars, but as I've said in other threads, their fundie beliefs do hold them back for certain forms of promotion.

Ahh, I had no idea TC had done all that. For some reason it never comes on my radar. That might have a lot to do with being in the Bible belt and ofc the Duggars would be more relevant than a medium.

I do remember the endless Kate Gosselin covers and that was so annoying. Other shows I've never seen anyone, like from the gypsy shows.

Yeah, I'm sure PEOPLE and TLC are in business with each other but I also believe the Duggars are being hyped because they are an attractive bunch. There's a huge market geared towards teenage girls and the four J'slaves attract a lot of these girls. I mean if you look at Instagram, most of the comments and fanpages are made by young Christian teens(who are crazier than Belibers!). It's easier to put them on covers because they are conventionally good looking in western standards. You won't see a Dwarf family on PEOPLE covers or E! online, at least not on a daily basis like the Duggars. Their looks(especially the Duggar women's) are a huge part of their appeal.

Now, the media overload will probably be their downfall. Most Reality TV families end up more fucked up after doing a show....especially if they are featured heavily in media outlets. Honestly, if the Duggars would have stayed a boring ass show that most Americans didn't even know was still on-air, they probably would have a better outcome. Now, 19KaC is a boring ass show that most Americans are aware exists because it's literally shoved down our throats 24/7. Sure, JB&M are enjoying this new revival of the Duggar brand....but the higher the climb, the harder the fall. A scandal will probably haunt them forever and taint their perfect image. I'm thinking an arrest of some sorts for one of the Duggar kids, substance abuse, or a sex tape scandal from a J'slave. Now, most of these are typical things big families go through(except maybe sex tape but idk it is the technology era, even for fundies :shifty-kitty: ) but for the Duggars it would be devastating.

If a major scandal falls on the Duggars, I see it being a major political scandal or maybe a martial affair ala Jon Gosselin.

I suppose that is the truth of the matter, this has everything to do with the perceived attractiveness of the J'Slaves. I cannot recall ever seeing Caputo or a dwarf family, I wonder if we will soon be inundated with the Willis family. The spot I see for them starts with they are dazzling and shows a young woman applying lipstick - rather sexy if these are supposed to be Christian fundies.

Sometimes, tbh, I wonder how much FJ contributes to it. There seems to be a pattern of things appearing on FJ, those things appearing on sites like Radar Online and Inquistor, next thing I see it on my main yahoo page and then GMA.

Hah. What a thought. FJ drives the Duggar publicity train. The irony makes my brain ache.

If a major scandal falls on the Duggars, I see it being a major political scandal or maybe a martial affair ala Jon Gosselin.

Just throwing this one out here... IMHO of course, but who would do Jim Boob? Seriously. Helmet head, bad breath, and according to his wife, "It's over pretty quick".

:brainbleach:

I'm guessing Smuggar for the extramarital affair. I can't imagine who'd want to sleep with him either (besides Anna) but go figure.

I thought catgate might draw more ire then it did, nothing will take them down :pull-hair:

Yeah, I'm sure PEOPLE and TLC are in business with each other but I also believe the Duggars are being hyped because they are an attractive bunch. There's a huge market geared towards teenage girls and the four J'slaves attract a lot of these girls. I mean if you look at Instagram, most of the comments and fanpages are made by young Christian teens(who are crazier than Belibers!). It's easier to put them on covers because they are conventionally good looking in western standards. You won't see a Dwarf family on PEOPLE covers or E! online, at least not on a daily basis like the Duggars. Their looks(especially the Duggar women's) are a huge part of their appeal.

Now, the media overload will probably be their downfall. Most Reality TV families end up more fucked up after doing a show....especially if they are featured heavily in media outlets. Honestly, if the Duggars would have stayed a boring ass show that most Americans didn't even know was still on-air, they probably would have a better outcome. Now, 19KaC is a boring ass show that most Americans are aware exists because it's literally shoved down our throats 24/7. Sure, JB&M are enjoying this new revival of the Duggar brand....but the higher the climb, the harder the fall. A scandal will probably haunt them forever and taint their perfect image. I'm thinking an arrest of some sorts for one of the Duggar kids, substance abuse, or a sex tape scandal from a J'slave. Now, most of these are typical things big families go through(except maybe sex tape but idk it is the technology era, even for fundies :shifty-kitty: ) but for the Duggars it would be devastating.

If you're referring to Jen and Bill from The Little Couple, to be honest I'd much rather see them on the cover of People or hear news about them. They're currently the only TLC-ers that I really like. Dare I say that Dr Jen Arnold is a MUCH, MUCH better role model for young women than any Duggar girl? Just my opinion....

edit for riffle

Just throwing this one out here... IMHO of course, but who would do Jim Boob? Seriously. Helmet head, bad breath, and according to his wife, "It's over pretty quick".

:brainbleach:

I'm guessing Smuggar for the extramarital affair. I can't imagine who'd want to sleep with him either (besides Anna) but go figure.

Smuggar has his share of fangirls on twitter and IG. I remember that crazy incident on twitter where a woman tweeted to him that she had dreamed about having a kid with him.

I can't see Boob having an affair. I see it being an adult Duggar child or possibly one of the son-in-laws cheats.

Smuggar has his share of fangirls on twitter and IG. I remember that crazy incident on twitter where a woman tweeted to him that she had dreamed about having a kid with him.

I can't see Boob having an affair. I see it being an adult Duggar child or possibly one of the son-in-laws cheats.

That's also what I think, if there was an affair, it would be an adult Duggar child, or a son-in-law. Even then, the thought of either Boob or Smuggar having an affair is enough to get out the :brain-bleach: .

I can guarantee that the Willis Family aka the Willis Clan aren't into that stuff much.

They are one of my favorite Opry acts, modern thinkers, never push religion down anyone's throat, LOVE to dance I mean they are AWESOME, 2 of the boys are named Jedi and Jager. More then anything they promote the good southern lifestyle and family first.

I can guarantee that the Willis Family aka the Willis Clan aren't into that stuff much.

They are one of my favorite Opry acts, modern thinkers, never push religion down anyone's throat, LOVE to dance I mean they are AWESOME, 2 of the boys are named Jedi and Jager. More then anything they promote the good southern lifestyle and family first.

All that dancing, they can't be too very fundie! I wonder if the Duggars are feeling any heat, it seems like everytime I turn on TLC there is that ad for them that features Howard Stern.

And this is the a VERY defrauding picture of young Jackson

thewillisclan.com/About_Jackson.html

Jedi is short for Jedidiah, clever nick. Jaegar is not short for anything but that kid is a cutie pie.

All very attractive people, wonder if we will be seeing swarms of People covers and articles on them in the coming year.

All that dancing, they can't be too very fundie! I wonder if the Duggars are feeling any heat, it seems like everytime I turn on TLC there is that ad for them that features Howard Stern.

And this is the a VERY defrauding picture of young Jackson

thewillisclan.com/About_Jackson.html

Jedi is short for Jedidiah, clever nick. Jaegar is not short for anything but that kid is a cutie pie.

All very attractive people, wonder if we will be seeing swarms of People covers and articles on them in the coming year.

Oh yes they were on Americas got talent.

I just saw myself on the preview of next weeks the Willis Family :pink-shock:

Archived