IGNORED

Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn Jenner

drivingmishcrazy

I recently saw an ancient rerun of Murder She Wrote (don't judge) that he was on. He was so young! He played a coach at a college, and father to a deaf girl. I hadn't realized he had done any acting, but he wasn't half bad.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 20/20 interview was really well done, but I fear that we are going to see a real cheapening and exploitation of transgender issues when the reality TV program comes out. Bruce Jenner has been and will continue to be a willing arm of the Kardashian money making machine. His show will be on the E! Network, the Kardashian mothership. I don't have very high expectations that they will not take the road of maximum exploitation.

This. Jenner was clearly being cagey about certain things because he was holding back to ensure his E reality show slowly reveals the more "juicy" bits, like showing him in a dress, in full make up, new hair-dos, revealing the new name he has already picked out, etc.

I think we should all be free to be whoever and whatever we feel most comfortable being. And I get that he's a public figure and needed to explain his transition and maybe inspire more acceptance of transgendered people. But a reality show? That's unnecessary bullshit which could very well negate anything good that may come from his coming out.

And if he (he's a he until his show starts, then she'll be a woman) really thinks Republican politicians are going to fully support him, he's kinda dumb to boot.

I am going with rich white male privilege over dumb. His money insulates him from a lot of the challenges faced by transgender people, from how to fund gender confirmation to the prejudice and violence against them. There was never a chance his coming out would mean rejection by his particular family or his particular social circle. He doesn't have the female plumbing a lot of Republicans think is their right to legislate and control. His social status insulates him from a lot of the challenges, and he does not appear to be a deep enough thinker to acknowledge that of the two main political parties, only the Democrats actually fight for legislation that would help ease the burden and level the playing field for ALL transgender people.

I have yet to watch the interview. Did Bruce give a reason for doing the interview now? I'm concerned his hand was forced by the paparazzi outing over the last few years.

He's at the point where he ready to go further w transformation so making a statement is warranted. I don't think the paparazzi forced his hand. He did this interview in Feb and had ABC sit on it until now. I'm guessing he wanted it released w some milestone on his path. He just got breast implants and the weather will be getting too warm to wear the coats to conceal.

Actually I read an article in the LA Times a couple of weeks ago that said some voices in the transgender community feel Bruce NOT making a statement is doing more harm than good for the trans community bc it's turning something serious and important into a guessing game sport. It becomes a spectacle as people speculate who is and isn't, make jokes etc.

Here is article. Link is not broken since it is to a news site: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... tml#page=1

I think now he's proud of the progress he's made and rightfully so. Not to mention excited which was evident when he showed off his LBD.

And concurring that Diane Sawyer did say that Bruce wants male pronouns for now.

• 5 weeks later...

That's an entrance!!!!

Caitlyn looks at ease and extremely happy! And hot!

I can't see Caitlyn Jenner as the keynote at the 2016 RNC. She's as entitled to her politics the same as I am to mine, but the GOP/Tea Party stance on LGBT Americans is appalling.

I can't see Caitlyn Jenner as the keynote at the 2016 RNC. She's as entitled to her politics the same as I am to mine, but the GOP/Tea Party stance on LGBT Americans is appalling.

Money.

If you are anything but happy for her, I pity you.

No trans person needs to express themselves exactly how you want them to--no minority is ever responsible for "properly representing their community."

Caitlyn is gorgeous! I actually thought she was Jessica Lange for a minute before I read the headline.

Can I please throw the pictures in my bigot mother's face?

Also is there any way we can edit the title to at least include Caitlyn as her preferred identity?

So apparently Drake Bell posted a douchey thing on Twitter about still calling her "Bruce" and then Josh Peck tweeted:

"Team CAITLYN #Tothineownselfbetrue #goodforher"

And now I remember why I always liked him better of the Drake and Josh duo.

I wanted to stop by to say that Caitlyn's vanity fair cover is out of this world gorgeous.

She is absolutely stunning!

. I wish I looked as beautiful as Caitlyn does at 65. And I am happy that she spells the name without a "K".

Caitlyn is gorgeous! I actually thought she was Jessica Lange for a minute before I read the headline.

Also is there any way we can edit the title to at least include Caitlyn as her preferred identity?

I reported the first post (it was the only way I could think of doing it - hope that's okay mods!) asking if the title can be changed to include her name.

Money.

True. And all the wingnuts would want her to autograph their Wheaties boxes.

Jessica Lange--that's it. Thank you! Caitlyn reminded me exactly of some actress and I couldn't think of who it was. It's been driving me crazy ever since I saw the cover.

. I wish I looked as beautiful as Caitlyn does at 65. And I am happy that she spells the name without a "K".

Hell, I'd like to be that gorgeous at 60! I think my skin's in pretty good shape for my years, but damn!

I'm so happy for her. Really. She seems to be coming into her own now. Good for her.

Jessica Lange--that's it. Thank you! Caitlyn reminded me exactly of some actress and I couldn't think of who it was. It's been driving me crazy ever since I saw the cover.

You're welcome! Apparently it's a common opinion because Jessica was asked about it and she said, "Oh how wonderful, now I'll have to look for that picture!" Though the article said that the reporter asking had to explain what "trending" meant cause she's apparently not much into the social media. Kinda made me chuckle.

Many thanks to Violet as well for helping with getting the title changed!

You're welcome! Apparently it's a common opinion because Jessica was asked about it and she said, "Oh how wonderful, now I'll have to look for that picture!" Though the article said that the reporter asking had to explain what "trending" meant cause she's apparently not much into the social media. Kinda made me chuckle.

Many thanks to Violet as well for helping with getting the title changed!

Okay, Jessica Lange is officially adorable!

Okay, Jessica Lange is officially adorable!

She totally is, she very quickly made my list of Actresses "Who Are So Cute That I Just Can't" :romance-inlove:

I have no issue with Transgendered people and hope that all will find support and acceptance in their life.

I do have an issue with Jenner. I get that as a man, he was living a discordant life with who he really felt he was, and I also get that it must be terribly damaging and painful to go through life like that, especially at his age, since in his youth attitudes people who were called "Transexuals' were very intolerant back then.

But Jenner in particular is just not someone who I can really get behind and offer support to for many reasons.

I have no issue with Transgendered people and hope that all will find support and acceptance in their life.

I do have an issue with Jenner. I get that as a man, he was living a discordant life with who he really felt he was, and I also get that it must be terribly damaging and painful to go through life like that, especially at his age, since in his youth attitudes people who were called "Transexuals' were very intolerant back then.

But Jenner in particular is just not someone who I can really get behind and offer support to for many reasons.

She is a person like any other, you can like or dislike her.

Care to explain why you don't like her, since you mentioned it?

It's the Kardashian connection that bothers me. I loathe those people so much. Making money from whatever things they are into, but never from really doing much. Being famous for being famous. Or having a sex tape. Our celebrity obsessed culture can be so damaging, and Caitlyn's show will air on E! home of all things Kardashian.

I do hope Caitlyn can be happy now, and find love and acceptance, especially with her family and those who matter, and be at peace with herself. The reality show aspect of this reveal bothers me, but on the other hand, if other transgender people watching it can be assisted in any way, or find more acceptance since she has done this so publicly, then it could be a good thing.

To be fair Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe now have a children's clothing line they designed themselves. So, they are certainly capable of working for a living. Maybe becoming parents has changed them.

Archived