IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

Gosh I hope not, the longest ever recorded pregnancy was 375 days. I looked it up earlier today. It was in 1945.

Good grief!! :o

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In most cases a pregnancy in humans will be just over 9 months or 280 days. During the pregnancy, the baby will develop slowly until it is developed enough to survive as well as grow after leaving the womb. Because all pregnancies are slightly different, the exact length of them tends to vary while still being considered normal. Some, however, are unusual in length. In 1945, for example, Beulah Hunter who was 25 at the time gave birth after a pregnancy lasting 375 days, which is slightly over a year and almost 100 days more than the average human gestational period. The length of the pregnancy was confirmed by examining her pregnancy test and menstrual cycle. Doctors feel that the long pregnancy was because the child developed extremely slowly in the womb when compared to the average child but despite this, Hunter’s daughter, named Penny Diana was healthy and normal at birth.

Although Beulah Hunter had the longest pregnancy on record that produced a living child, in many occasions a woman has not given birth at the right time when the stillborn fetus didn’t dissipate correctly. When this occurs, the pregnancy seems abnormally long but because the child is stillborn, professionals don’t consider these as “true†long pregnancies. Prior to Beulah Hunter’s pregnancy, the longest gestation period that produced a living child was 317 days. Although it is almost 60 days short of Hunter’s pregnancy, it is still considered exceptionally lengthy.

317 days? How many more do we have to go for second longest?

I wonder how long Jill is planning to wait. I guess Dilly Dally is trying to get a few more days of getting to chill without having religion shoved down his throat.

317 days? How many more do we have to go for second longest?

That IS the second longed. Beulah Hunter went 375 days. OVER A YEAR. OUCH.

I wonder how long Jill is planning to wait. I guess Dilly Dally is trying to get a few more days of getting to chill without having religion shoved down his throat.

I'm guessing Monday, if we don't have a baby, she'll go to the hospital. Jill said she picked April 5 as her second because that's when she'll be a week and a half late. My guess is that's when her midwife said, if no baby you have to go to the hospital.

Good grief!! :o

Someone wouldnt make it if that happened to me

That's why I add something to it each time. Eventually I'll hit the right one and the door will magically open.

I thought maybe the problem is that we've titled it the never-ending pregnancy. Maybe this time it should have said the finally-ending pregnancy? On the other hand, that didn't work for DeDe... :lol:

That IS the second longed. Beulah Hunter went 375 days. OVER A YEAR. OUCH.

Second was 317 but we have another month before that. I can't do another month and I don't think Derick can either.

I'm pretty sure Dilly is arriving on Easter. Jill is too perfect.

That's in about 30 minutes. I can do 30 minutes.

Can't her midwife just borrow cousin Amys crochet hook and pop her damn waters? Literally a 5 second job.

Can't her midwife just borrow cousin Amys crochet hook and pop her damn waters? Literally a 5 second job.

Holy tits. Is this a real procedure? My cervix is in pain at the mere thought.

OFF Topic but funny story.

My son was born in Germany (I was in the Air Force) at 2:42 a.m. When I called my mom it was 9 hours earlier in Oregon making it the day before because of the time zones. For the next 5 years my mom always called to wish him a happy birthday the day before his birthday. He was almost 6 before I was actually in Oregon for his birthday and mom thought I was planning his Birthday party the day after his birthday and couldn't understand why.

All 5 of my pregnancies, my Dr used a hook, seriously looks like a crochet hook, snags the fucker and gush! Babies were born fast after that.

Somewhat necroed from the last thread a few hours ago.

Stripper Name: Pearl or Pirate Waldo (we got two dogs at the same time)

Drink: Hard Cider

Purses: buy a pretty one on clearance then use it until it wears out

Circ: No kids, haven’t made a decision yet

PB: Yes (I prefer Skippy Extra Chuncky but I’m not picky)

Chocolate: Yes (I like dark- hazelnut/peanut butter/orange/mint/raspberry…

Heels: No, old knee injury makes them uncomfortable

Fave Song: Baroque chamber music, probably Vivaldi’s Four Seasons

Fave Movie: meh

Fave Book: I like most of David Eddings’ and Mercedes Lackey’s stuff

Fave TV show: Stargate SG-1; current is a toss-up between Cold Justice, Criminal Minds and NCIS

Cracker Barrel: If it’s starchy I’ll probably eat too much of it, I’m lucky there isn’t one within about a 4 hour drive

If your shoes are wet or dirty take them off at the door, otherwise who cares- we have indoor/outdoor carpeting in most of the public rooms for just that reason.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Late 20s, female, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, raised and currently Methodist- I believe humans are too limited to truly understand the universe and the reality of a higher power/being/God, because of this there are many paths to that higher power, this is the one I’m most comfortable with but as long as you don’t hurt or coerce anyone else you should be free to walk your own path.

I'm pretty sure Dilly is arriving on Easter. Jill is too perfect.

I second this. If not Easter it will be Passover and Israel/Isaiah would still be the perfect name.

I think that might be considered intervention by Jill. They are waiting for the Lord to call the baby from her womb, according to Derick's Twitter post a couple of days ago. Then the End Times can begin.

I think that might be considered intervention by Jill. They are waiting for the Lord to call the baby from her womb, according to Derick's Twitter post a couple of days ago. Then the End Times can begin.

That's so many layers of :wtf: right there...except it's true.

They have a hospital plan too. One thing I'm thankful for is the Duggars aren't against going to the hospital if that's best.

Yep, this totally is a thing. I was induced years ago, and the thing they used to pop my amnio sack was a crochet needle. They had it in a little plastic package like it was an official tool for the job, but it did occur to me that you could crochet a scarf with a hook that size.

That's so many layers of :wtf: right there...except it's true.

Yeah, I don't think FJ is ever going to let Derick live that one down. It is too good.

I'm really getting worried she is going to have complications... I'm also concerned she is too afraid of doing any thing to "bring on baby" like getting her membranes stripped or taking castor oil. She's probably scared out of her mind of a hospital birth or c section or anything not perfectly home birth (remember giving blood and her wisdom teeth?). This poor girl will get some severe tears down below If dilly dally is gaining weight like most babies. God forbid anything serious happens to baby dilly like a stillbirth or cord prolapse or cord degradation.

I had a really good point to make or maybe more of a thought about what Jill & this pregnancy. I got bored in the middle of writing it. I am officially bored at this point.

They have a hospital plan too. One thing I'm thankful for is the Duggars aren't against going to the hospital if that's best.

I just hope it's an actual plan and not dial 911 if Jill has an emergency during her home birth. Jill's blog post was light on the details about her hospital plan.

Archived