IGNORED

Nattie Darnell is running for office!

Marian the Librarian

Doug's inaugural intern class calls themselves "The First Brigade?" What a bunch of self-aggrandizing dorks.

No, pretty sure Doug labeled them that. Think it originated from the "Gods and Generals" movie which was popular in the circles at the time where "Stonewall" Jackson gives his speech to his original troops...

[bBvideo 560,340:2fybnr2b]

[/bBvideo]

No, pretty sure Doug labeled them that. Think it originated from the "Gods and Generals" movie which was popular in the circles at the time where "Stonewall" Jackson gives his speech to his original troops

Lol That makes it worse. I know when I name things, I try to avoid naming them after the losing side of the civil war. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Dammit, he deleted the rape thread from Reconstructionist Theonomists! Did anyone screencap it in time? Darnell, you are a coward and a liar!

ETA: It's back up!

facebook.com/groups/478280035590690/permalink/757950454290312/

Lol That makes it worse. I know when I name things, I try to avoid naming them after the losing side of the civil war. :lol:

It is because they viewed the South as the good guys who really should have won and the North was an evil freedom hating tyrant who cruelly persecuted the South . The South was fighting for FREEDOM! JUSTICE! GOD!!! STATE RIGHTS!!!!!! LIBERTY!!!!!! slavery. With that mindset it is easy to see why Dougie chose to call his first group of minions that.

But you have to remember, just as Lorken thinks it is better to be holy than happy in a marriage , Doug the tool rapist thinks that God's will was somehow thwarted by the North winning on that, so really, the heroes were the southern generals who fought for their fine, Christian way of life against the evil Humanist Northern Aggressors.

:?

Please tell me that Dougie dressed up, got on a horse, waved a sword around and gave these guys a speech about how they are his "First Brigade" which included a line about how one fine day they too would reach "normative" and be like him. :pray:

Please tell me that Dougie dressed up, got on a horse, waved a sword around and gave these guys a speech about how they are his "First Brigade" which included a line about how one fine day they too would reach "normative" and be like him. :pray:

Oh, there definitely was a speech (when wasn't there a speech?), but I'm thinking it was something a little more... intimate. Think Robin Williams in Dead Poets' Society. Tears springing to Doug's eyes as he punctuates his points with a fully Reformed tobacco pipe; eager, wide-eyed interns looking up in awe as they sit at his feet in "the library"; Beall overhearing as she walks past in the hall, then setting her laundry basket down and pressing her back to the wall so she can drink every word in...

Oh, wait... Beall never carried a laundry basket in her life. Leave that part out, but you get the idea.

Just to be clear, that group was NOT the first intern class by any means. It was just a nickname.

So they weren't the first, but they might be the most obnoxious? :lol:

Just to be clear, that group was NOT the first intern class by any means. It was just a nickname.

They were the 2003 group.

When did internships start, and, if you remember and want to tell us, who was in the pre-2003 groups?

Not even close...

Lord help us if the other groups of minions were worse then these smug assholes. :shock:

Every time I read that wedding post I laugh more. :lol: Normative. :lol: Was that a Dougie phrase? What was the entire point of dragging him out to the van, wrestling him to the ground and then forcing him to get inside the van? Just to show how manly they were?

Per The Wartburg Watch, Dougie founded Vision Forum in 1998. I'm not sure if the VF internship program began that same year, but this article is probably worth a look:

thewartburgwatch.com/2011/09/23/ncfic-vision-forum-and-the-bottom-line/

Per The Wartburg Watch, Dougie founded Vision Forum in 1998. I'm not sure if the VF internship program began that same year, but this article is probably worth a look:

thewartburgwatch.com/2011/09/23/ncfic-vision-forum-and-the-bottom-line/

Thanks. I didn't see anything there about when the internships started, though.

Oh, in case anyone forgot, Darnell is also the author of some deathless prose:

http://www.amazon.com/Glory-Duty-Gold-N ... 193455443X

Discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&start=40#p669946

This was the book that included a pregnant woman feeling the fetus kicking in her bosom. I get acid reflux just thinking about that (and I've never been pregnant!).

He is also the fellow who thought that unmarried couples left alone together will congeal.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21205#p700839

Hi there, Master Richards!†Fred called out with a wave of his

chestnut-brown hand. Frank grinned, revealing a gold tooth that

stood out against his face like torchlight in a dark cave.

I waved back. “Hi, Fred! Hi, Burt!â€

I had forgotten how racist it was. You got the happy black man scrubbing the shoes of the rich white guys and calling the white teen boy master while he calls them by their first name. :roll:

the last thing she felt was a tiny kick deep within her bosom.

I hope someone has explained to poor Nattie that pregnant women don't feel kicks in their bosom. :lol:

More Darnellisms, for anyone who may be wondering "who is this dude, and why should we snark upon him?" :D

Fond thoughts of the gentleman who married his parents -- Jerry Falwell:

http://www.perseveronews.com/a-providen ... y-falwell/

He titles the post "A Providential Irony," because

Today on the day of the dress rehearsal for the first wedding of one of my parents children, Dr. Falwell died.

and

The providential timing of his death almost seemed a bookend in my parents’ lives. Dr. Falwell’s words still echo in their minds as he pronouced them “Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Darnell†27 years ago. This week they will hear their second-born son joined with his wife as “Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Darnell.â€

:roll:

A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Jimmy Valiant: Scions of Danger (how's that for a very Vision Forum title?):

https://vimeo.com/16989679

Laughing Boy in this video is Brantley Harris Disharoon, BTW -- google that name if you want to go down a rabbit hole.

We have snarked on some of the most arrogant, self-important-for-no-reason, pompous people I've ever heard of here on FJ. Even against that stiff competition, Darnell comes off as one of the most puffed up.

And that's just the silly stuff -- the Theonomy, casual racism, and sexism to the point of rape apology is chilling.

Of course, I could be wrong -- perhaps he's the salt of the earth, and a lovely fellow.

But, based on his own words, I rather doubt it.

He's just got to marry one of the Botkin girls. That would be just too delicious.

And Mama Junebug would be our FJ representative at the nuptials....

He's just got to marry one of the Botkin girls. That would be just too delicious.

I hope not - for their sake.

So did anyone in the Vision Forum crowd ever confront Nathaniel about the overt racism in his book?

So did anyone in the Vision Forum crowd ever confront Nathaniel about the overt racism in his book?

Why would they-- he likly learned some of it there and probably shared drafts of his book with mentors or peers as he was writing

it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Vision Forum and Nathaniel Darnell were on the same page in this regard...

ETA cross-posted with salex! :lol:

Why would they-- he likly learned some of it there and probably shared drafts of his book with mentors or peers as he was writing

it.

I realize that but CnD has declared in the past that most of the people in VF were totally not racist and did not support racism, so I am curious if anyone at all spoke up against the blatant racism that was shown in Darnell's book.

I hope not. For their sake. LOL!!!

Nattie's blog (perseveronews.com) is a treasure trove of Dominionist/Reconstructionist Theonomist/Vision Forum-ist opinionating. If you have a few hours for a trip down the rabbit hole, there's gold in them thar posts going all the way back to May, 2006. (For someone who's never been married or raised children, our Nattie sure has things to say on the subject of wimmenfolk, wedded bliss, and family-makin.') :lol:

Nattie's blog (perseveronews.com) is a treasure trove of Dominionist/Reconstructionist Theonomist/Vision Forum-ist opinionating. If you have a few hours for a trip down the rabbit hole, there's gold in them thar posts going all the way back to May, 2006. (For someone who's never been married or raised children, our Nattie sure has things to say on the subject of wimmenfolk, wedded bliss, and family-makin.') :lol:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what does "persevero" mean? Every time I see that URL I think it says "pervert news." :lol: