IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Bates Family Doings: Part 2

happy atheist

That part really bugged me. I'm hoping it was actually more about making sure it worked for filming ( but of course they wouldn't say that ).

Because really, why should Kelly have to have Michael's help around the house just to get by? Kelly doesn't work outside the home, there are what - 8 ? children under the age of 12. And even if Gil does work at the tree business and the oldest kids have outside jobs - she should be able to handle watching her own children on her own during the day. Plus she has another few young teens who could help out! I could see her needing to check with the other adult children, since she and Gil were going on the trip - but that had nothing to do with Michael. Ugg. Watch your own kids lady!

Also in that episode - the visit to Alyssa seemed so odd. The baby was born the day before , but it felt like an Aunt or friend of the family stopping by to see a month old baby because they were in town. Not a mother and father going to help out / gush over a brand new grandchild. I don't know why, it just felt more formal? Distant? Than " normal" for that situation.

I also noticed that when they talked about Alyssa they showed photos of her in short skirts and sleeveless tops - and iirc, even one in jeans. So they aren't glossing over her change in style .

So I completely agree about the visit to the baby. Does anyone think the baby looked a couple of weeks old or a month rather than just born? I almost thought the whole thing was staged and Gil and kelly had already seen her as an infant and it wasn't filmed so this time the film crew came along and that's why its seemed kind of distant. Or mayeb I'm just crazy and don't know what infants look like haha

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol I thought the baby looked older, too! But I can't imagine they'd make that up.

I think they would totally manipulate the timeline & stage it. TLC did it all the time with the Duggars.

Carlin & Michaela, according to various Instagrams, are visiting the Keilens in Michigan right now.

On another topic, I am continually amazed by how many female leghumpers are brazenly throwing themselves at Lawson Bates via Instagram-- so many "u r sooo hot" comments.

There are some mighty ungodly maidens out there! :lol:

If Lawson isn't an arrogant douche already, he will be soon, thanks to the constant fawning. I don't know why his other brothers, like Nathan & Trace, don't also have Instagram accounts so they can get their share of the ladies electronically throwing their undergarments at them.

Lol I thought the baby looked older, too! But I can't imagine they'd make that up.

I don't think there's any fudging with the baby's actual DOB or anything, but I can see where the visit would be a dramatic recreation (of actual events) for television. Alyssa and John don't seem like the type that's too into having a camera crew there immediately after birth. And people don't just casually mention, during dinner, that they have another flight to catch, so they won't be staying for dessert.

And, really, I think that's fine. We're well past reality being reality.

I think they would totally manipulate the timeline & stage it. TLC did it all the time with the Duggars.

Carlin & Michaela, according to various Instagrams, are visiting the Keilens in Michigan right now.

On another topic, I am continually amazed by how many female leghumpers are brazenly throwing themselves at Lawson Bates via Instagram-- so many "u r sooo hot" comments.

There are some mighty ungodly maidens out there! :lol:

If Lawson isn't an arrogant douche already, he will be soon, thanks to the constant fawning. I don't know why his other brothers, like Nathan & Trace, don't also have Instagram accounts so they can get their share of the ladies electronically throwing their undergarments at them.

BUMMER!! (to my bolding) I wish I had a business trip to Lansing this week! :(

There are some mighty ungodly maidens out there! [emoji38]

My yougest niece thought he was hot then said "Oh shit he opened his mouth". I nearly peed myself laughing!

I also thought the baby looked older than a day and that the whole scenario seemed weird. These are frugal people who decided to fly vs. drive to FL, made a very short-notice (and likely expensive) flight reservation to DC, and visited their new granddaughter only long enough to have dinner? They had no way of knowing that Alyssa would go into labor on her due date when they made the flight reservation. Why not save money and drive?

I too am in the camp that the timeline was fudged. The pics Alyssa and the Bates posted to their Instagrams show Kelly and Gil wearing completely different outfits than those seen on the show. Perhaps they really got to stay for two days instead of one but who knows. Hmmmm interesting

post-4896-14452000529957_thumb.jpg

post-4896-14452000530477_thumb.jpg

I also thought the baby looked older than a day and that the whole scenario seemed weird. These are frugal people who decided to fly vs. drive to FL, made a very short-notice (and likely expensive) flight reservation to DC, and visited their new granddaughter only long enough to have dinner? They had no way of knowing that Alyssa would go into labor on her due date when they made the flight reservation. Why not save money and drive?

I assume if UP was filming, they paid for the plane tickets

My yougest niece thought he was hot then said "Oh shit he opened his mouth". I nearly peed myself laughing!

Haha!!!

I used to think Lawson was 'defraud city', but now I just think he's a smug arrogant douche.

No thanks.

I too am in the camp that the timeline was fudged. The pics Alyssa and the Bates posted to their Instagrams show Kelly and Gil wearing completely different outfits than those seen on the show. Perhaps they really got to stay for two days instead of one but who knows. Hmmmm interesting

Allie Jane's silhouette looks a lot more like that of a newborn's in the original Alyssa pics, than in the UP Tv footage.

I thought Alie looked like a newborn. What was her birth date and what was the date of Michael's engagement? Did anyone post instagram pics on those days?

I thought Alie looked like a newborn. What was her birth date and what was the date of Michael's engagement? Did anyone post instagram pics on those days?

Allie's birthday is April 11th, same as Carlin's. Brandon proposed to Michaella on April 13th. This info is from the Bates Family Blog, by the same people who do that one for the Duggars (Lily and Ellie).

batesfamilyblog.com/

So Michael/Michaela announced her bridal party on Instagram today. The only non Bates/Keilen bridesmaid is Jana Duggar.

Don't the Bates practice the "no hand holding until engagement" rule? I'm asking because in the first episode of season 2 Michael and her boyfriend have their arms linked in the car. How the hell is linked arms somehow less innocent than hand holding?

Don't the Bates practice the "no hand holding until engagement" rule? I'm asking because in the first episode of season 2 Michael and her boyfriend have their arms linked in the car. How the hell is linked arms somehow less innocent than hand holding?

Nope. The Bates ACTUALLY let their children set their own boundaries in courtships. The couples have shown a variety of different levels of physical contact. They also front hug (also known as just a regular hug) even for courting couples.

Erin/Chad were the strictest and did do a no/limited touch courtship. Both Alyssa and Zach has more liberal rules, and Zach and Whit actually kissed before marriage (though they claim they purposed not to).

it's times like these that i really miss kelly's blog. loved all her updates.

Nope. The Bates ACTUALLY let their children set their own boundaries in courtships. The couples have shown a variety of different levels of physical contact. They also front hug (also known as just a regular hug) even for courting couples.

Erin/Chad were the strictest and did do a no/limited touch courtship. Both Alyssa and Zach has more liberal rules, and Zach and Whit actually kissed before marriage (though they claim they purposed not to).

Yeah but last season there was the whole drama with Toria grabbing Brandon at that mini carnival thing. Michael was mad because "if I can't touch m boyfriend you can't touch him." I assumed this meant besides the front hug they can't touch.

I find it a bit tough to believe that the kids really get to set their own standards all on their own. Yeah, there has been some variation in the amount of physical contact among the couples. . . but isn't it possible the parents said you can do X, Y, and Z if you want, but nothing other than those three options? Like you can hold hands, side hug, and link arms before marriage, but nothing more than that?

I mean, Zach and Whit kissed before marriage - but they also talked about how they went and asked his parents' for forgiveness for doing so. If they really set their own limitations, why would they need to ask forgiveness?

I find it a bit tough to believe that the kids really get to set their own standards all on their own. Yeah, there has been some variation in the amount of physical contact among the couples. . . but isn't it possible the parents said you can do X, Y, and Z if you want, but nothing other than those three options? Like you can hold hands, side hug, and link arms before marriage, but nothing more than that?

I mean, Zach and Whit kissed before marriage - but they also talked about how they went and asked his parents' for forgiveness for doing so. If they really set their own limitations, why would they need to ask forgiveness?

"Mom, Dad, we've decided we're gonna have sex before marriage. Just thought we'd let y'all know."

.... said no fundie ever.

So Michael/Michaela announced her bridal party on Instagram today. The only non Bates/Keilen bridesmaid is Jana Duggar.

Did I read right on there that her mother will be a brides maid?

I wonder if those two girls from the Bronx who visited the Bates know that they have a picture of a KKK member in their house...

Archived