IGNORED

Who are the Seppi's

Guest experienced

Batshit crazy. Live in California, raise bees, their females "cover," they are apparently friends to the Loomii (Serven daughter + husband) and others like the Friedrichs (i.e., Carmen of the half-defunct Buried Treasure blog).

They are simply disgusting.. check out their blog for some older posts (maybe 4 or 5 weeks ago, nut sure!) and you seriously want to vomit. They are on top of my worst-fundies-list!!

Yeah, they are pretty awful. I rank them up their with the Maxwells in my strong dislike for them. Not only are they hard to look at (especially the boys) but reading their words and also how they kiss up to the fundie royalty families truly makes me want to vomit :puke-front: !

They are among the worst of the worst, promoting hate and ignorance in the name of their god. One of their favorite family hobbies is harassing women trying to enter health clinics that may or may not perform abortions.

Guest Anonymous
They are among the worst of the worst, promoting hate and ignorance in the name of their god. One of their favorite family hobbies is harassing women trying to enter health clinics that may or may not perform abortions.

And posting said women's names and photographs on the internet. Ugh!

The men in that family like their fascial hair. Notice the Dad having his beard trimmed by his daughter. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I did some research since the name Seppi was vaguely familiar. Seems he's a biggie in the John Birch society, his daughter Fami married Art Robinsons son Joshua. Art Robinson ran for office against Peter De Fazio. Art, made his money selling home schooling programs and was in the news after his election loss because his three kids are getting kicked out of the Oregon State U. engineering program due to lack of progress. Joshua and Fami, had (or still) lived about a block away from my DD. Oh and I had some nasty dealings with his son Z when I was at OSU.

I want to thank FJ, you folks have given a retired elder something productive to do in her dotage. The next election cycle I will be doing research on our local RW candidates and hitting their public events to out them. I'm an ex union thug, so this is right up my alley :dance:

Now if there was only something I could do about the QF next door. I attempted sunbathing nekkid and that only works when the lilac hedge hasn't leafed out. It does keep the frumper and spawn indoors until dinner time :clap:

How do they know the women's names?

Because they force themselves upon the women. They engage them and try to convince them not to get an abortion with all their religious BS. They 'befriend' the women then slam them with abortion propaganda and whatever tactic they can come up with to keep them from making their own choice. In once case, they somehow got a woman to leave her infant with them while she went inside. Apparently, she came out without having had the abortion. The Seppis took her picture, and pictures of her baby, and plastered the pics and their names on their blog to show the world how they 'saved' another baby from being murdered.

They will use every and any trick in the book to manipulate already vulnerable women and then plaster their 'great works' on their blog.

Is the dad still a "government school" teacher? I think this irritates me the most about them. He teaches and earns a salary from an institution he denigrates.

Guest Anonymous
Is the dad still a "government school" teacher? I think this irritates me the most about them. He teaches and earns a salary from an institution he denigrates.

Seppi teaches, but on an unpaid basis (adjunct faculty). Art Robinson has been given the boot from the OUS system.

The Robinson kids seem to be pretty smart. I read their site about how unfairly they were treated by OSU. Yeah, right. I wondered what the real reason was, so thanks!

Guest Anonymous
The Robinson kids seem to be pretty smart. I read their site about how unfairly they were treated by OSU. Yeah, right. I wondered what the real reason was, so thanks!

For a number of years I worked as a grad secy. (in another dept) lack of progress was the main reason why grad students got the boot. I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and there were a large number of Eng. faculty there, some I knew from the way back daze. Well off the record, the COE has gotten pretty liberal over the years, Art didn't like it. His kids were all private pay, no research programs coming in to fund them, Art thought they should just be carried on the Univ. dime. Art once had the chutzpah to sue Linus Pauling for falsification of research. Since then Art has never had his name taking off the Pauling publications he disagreed with. Art still funnels some cash into right wing campus groups and was vocal against spending on LGBT activities and some more than liberal speakers that came to campus for Lectures and Convocations.

For a number of years I worked as a grad secy. (in another dept) lack of progress was the main reason why grad students got the boot. I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and there were a large number of Eng. faculty there, some I knew from the way back daze. Well off the record, the COE has gotten pretty liberal over the years, Art didn't like it. His kids were all private pay, no research programs coming in to fund them, Art thought they should just be carried on the Univ. dime. Art once had the chutzpah to sue Linus Pauling for falsification of research. Since then Art has never had his name taking off the Pauling publications he disagreed with. Art still funnels some cash into right wing campus groups and was vocal against spending on LGBT activities and some more than liberal speakers that came to campus for Lectures and Convocations.

Thanks for your insights, experienced. Good info. I'd add the following that I came across via Friend Google.

A commenter named "GreaterGator" on a KVAL news story from earlier this year (http://www.kval.com/news/local/117619993.html?tab=video) had the following observations, in part:

"Joshua Robinson did well enough on his qualifying exams to pass, it seems, but not well enough to avoid an oral examination in addition. The scuttlebutt around Corvallis (which was repeated in the Register Guard's editorial) is that after the written exam but before the oral, Robinson père demanded the right to choose Josh's doctoral advisor, among other things.

If that is indeed the case, then we should stop for a moment and recall something about academia and how it works. In every academic department I've ever heard of (or been associated with) the decision whether or not to advise a doctoral candidate rests entirely with the prospective adviser -- not the department chairperson, not the department as a whole, not the director of graduate studies, and most certainly not with the student's mom or dad. OSU rejected this demand categorically, as well it should. NO university in the nation would allow a parent to dictate how faculty spend their time and resources; OSU would have made itself a laughingstock of itself if it had caved to Art Robinson's pressure. The wonder is that Art Robinson doesn't seem to know this."

Sounds like Art is a helicopter parent, to the max. I could see why the faculty & administration in any school would not want to deal with such people.

Guest Anonymous

Grad students are accepted to be adults, and act on their own behalf without daddy running interfernce. As to Arts being a helicopter parent, in one stump speech he gave, he mentioned his kids raising themselves. LoL He makes lots of appearances in my town, for faux ribbon cuttings and patriotic parades. I cannot wait until I get to move back to Corvallis, where the politics are liberal, where the FSM originated and Talk Like a Pirate day started.

In my interest over the saga of the poor, poor Robinson children, set upon by teh ebil professors, I completely forgot to take the godly view...

What is Bethany doing at graduate school anyway? Perhaps her departure from OSU is, as Esther Seppi would say, the hand of God at work in Bethany's life, leading her home where she belongs.

P.S. A commenter claiming to be a graduate student in the Robinsons' department (http://oregoncommentator.com/2011/03/07 ... -unfairly/) also disputes Art's allegations:

"Being a graduate student in the OSU department of question, I disagree with the Stone comment about finding the issue “curious.†Matthew Robinson’s graduate progress is under no threat. The issues revolving around Joshua and Bethany are separated by at least six months and the only person that claims that they are a coincidence is their father. THERE IS NO VENDETTA towards the Robinsons."

Guest Anonymous

Knowing Art, I'm sure either he or one his minions will be making an appearance shortly.

Art- if you want to find me I'm the gray haired woman in the tie dye at farmers market.

I don't know anything about the Robinsons, but I know the Seppis are my least favorite fundie family by FAR. My hatred of them surpasses my hatred of the Maxwells, who at least don't post pictures of women going in to have abortions on their blog or post screeds about how Muslims have brain deficiencies that cause them to be too stupid to understand certain American traditions.

Guest Anonymous
I don't know anything about the Robinsons, but I know the Seppis are my least favorite fundie family by FAR. My hatred of them surpasses my hatred of the Maxwells, who at least don't post pictures of women going in to have abortions on their blog or post screeds about how Muslims have brain deficiencies that cause them to be too stupid to understand certain American traditions.

I hadn't realize that the Seppis were driving right past my house on their way to visiting Fami. I've know Seppi for years because of his JBS associations (prof. friend of mind educated me on him years ago). So when I found them linked to fundyroyalty I got inquisitive. Now that I realize he's tied to a very influential (although failed) RW republican locally I'm gonna be like a fleas on a dog when it comes to him and the Robinsons.

Archived