IGNORED

Wisc. Governor Wants Colleges to Not Report Rape

happy atheist

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is an utter monster. In addition to cutting $300 million from the state's funding to universities, his proposed budget says this:

25. DELETE LANGUAGE RELATED TO SEXUAL ASSAULT INFORMATION AND REPORTING

Delete the requirement that the Board direct each institution and college campus to incorporate oral and written or electronic information on sexual assault in its orientation program for newly entering students and to supply all students enrolled in the institution or college campus with the same information in either printed or electronic form.

Delete the requirement that the Board of Regents submit an annual report to the Legislature regarding the methods used to comply with the above requirement.

Delete the requirement that any person employed at an institution who witnesses a sexual assault on campus or receives a report from a student enrolled in the institution that the student has been sexually assaulted report the assault to the dean of students. Delete the requirement that each institution report annually to the Department of Justice (DOJ) statistics on sexual assaults and on sexual assaults committed by acquaintances of the victims that occurred on the campus of that institution in the previous years, and that DOJ include those statistics in appropriate crime reports.

So I guess he's courting the rapist vote? :angry-banghead:

http://jezebel.com/scott-walker-wants-c ... 1688375293

The guy is the worst kind of christian and after he screwed over his whole state people stills voted him in. But hey he is making sure for profit prisons are well funded since he is making his state a poor state they will need those prisons

The intelligent people in this country need to start standing up in droves and shouting from the top of their lungs, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

We're going backwards, all the way to the Dark Ages.

Did he say why? How will this make an improvement to the state of Wisconsin? He has two sons, both attending from college , best I can figure. What if he had a daughter? The older brother toes the family political line.

But the younger son was witness at a same sex marriage and as witness he signed the marriage certificate. The Governor is against same sex marriage. Can we invite this kid to FJ?

But again, does he explain why sexual assault should not be reported at University? Does this also include colleges?

this unbelievable bastard.

i can't believe he was almost kicked out of office and then totally kept his position. just fucking unbelievable.

well, ya get what ya wanted to keep, wisconsin. hope you're fucking happy with yourself. :angry-banghead:

this unbelievable bastard.

i can't believe he was almost kicked out of office and then totally kept his position. just fucking unbelievable.

well, ya get what ya wanted to keep, wisconsin. hope you're fucking happy with yourself. :angry-banghead:

there was one or two republicans that were convicted and still ran and won. one is still in jail and serving.

I was living in Madison when he got elected and I was very involved in the protests before I had to move. At this point I am hoping that Jeb Bush gets the republican nomination for president in 2016, because if Walker got it and I found out any friends or family voted for him, they would be dead to me.

I don't understand this. Not one iota.

The only good that can come of this would be enough negative press that he won't be taken seriously as a Presidential candidate. Please please please let that be true.

So far, all I can find on "why" is that there are already federal laws covering this... but the republicans I know would more likely be passing a bill saying that Federal laws do not apply to their campus... so I'm not sure if there is a why....

This makes Rush Limbaugh's advice to Scott Walker even creepier.

wonkette.com/576063/rush-limbaugh-scott-walker-should-use-rape-jokes-to-explain-quitting-college

Rush says Walker should do what he would do...

So if he were running for president, and someone asked him why he did not finish college, he wouldn’t tell that riveting tale. No, he’d have a much more cleverer response, which he highly recommends Walker try out himself:

I left college because I didn’t want to be accused of rape some day.

So far, all I can find on "why" is that there are already federal laws covering this... but the republicans I know would more likely be passing a bill saying that Federal laws do not apply to their campus... so I'm not sure if there is a why....

This makes Rush Limbaugh's advice to Scott Walker even creepier.

wonkette.com/576063/rush-limbaugh-scott-walker-should-use-rape-jokes-to-explain-quitting-college

Rush says Walker should do what he would do...

You called that one the creep factor just shot off the chart. :pink-shock:

Scott Walker will never be president. This is the TRUTH:

dailykos.com/story/2013/10/13/1246843/-Walker-s-Wisconsin-Scott-s-Skeletons-in-the-2014-closet

...and if Walker thinks the national press is going to cover it up like the Urinal-Sentinel and other local rags, he's got another think coming. You can bet Jeb & Co. are working overtime on it.

I read about this while on my lunch break, and I was so infuriated I had to leave my desk. I slipped in to a stall in the ladies' loo and began to cry. Several years ago I was a victim of a vicious assault. I wasn't raped; but I was mugged and beaten while walking back home from the grocery store. The entire time my face and body was being pummeled, I feared I was going to be dragged into an alleyway and sexually assaulted. Though this happened several years ago, the lingering memories live with me to this day. You don't just get over it.

So having my governor (I did not vote for this despicable fucknugget) tell colleges not to report rape fills me with rage. How dare he! He is truly a sociopath who has no concern for the welfare of my state and its citizens. I haven't hated a politician this much since Sarah Palin came onto the scene back in 2008.

BTW-my assailant was a preppy-looking white guy who kind of resembled Scott Walker. Tragic foreshadowing.

I read about this while on my lunch break, and I was so infuriated I had to leave my desk. I slipped in to a stall in the ladies' loo and began to cry. Several years ago I was a victim of a vicious assault. I wasn't raped; but I was mugged and beaten while walking back home from the grocery store. The entire time my face and body was being pummeled, I feared I was going to be dragged into an alleyway and sexually assaulted. Though this happened several years ago, the lingering memories live with me to this day. You don't just get over it.

So having my governor (I did not vote for this despicable fucknugget) tell colleges not to report rape fills me with rage. How dare he! He is truly a sociopath who has no concern for the welfare of my state and its citizens. I haven't hated a politician this much since Sarah Palin came onto the scene back in 2008.

BTW-my assailant was a preppy-looking white guy who kind of resembled Scott Walker. Tragic foreshadowing.

I am so sorry Golightlygrrl. I hope you are a little bit ok. I am sending you much warm thoughts. I am also sorry you have to have this thing as your Governor. Even if you have tons of support around you, you are stuck with this as your Governor.

The majority of people in Wisconsin are so stupid that the only thing I can think to call them is a word I don't think we're allowed to say here. And Walker? Deserves to go to hell.

Any chance a son of his confessed to assault, and he's trying to protect his son? Doesn't make it okay. I just can't figure out why anyone would want to hide sexual assault.

I was born and raised in Madison, WI. I went to public schools and Bob Lafollette's grandson was in my class. Madison East Side High.

Eta: We used to be a progressive state. Proxmire, Lafollette etc...

Walker is a shame and a joke. The gerrymandering has really messed up who gets voted in everywhere.

Side note, he got kicked out of college and does not have a degree.

At the doctor's office the other day, I read an old Rolling Stone article about sexual assault on campus. It made my hair stand on end, very eye-opening and upsetting.

So I don't understand how Wisconsin has its state institutions set up, if the universities and colleges are reporting to the federal govt but no longer the state govt, does this mean the state no longer funds its own colleges?

But all that business of reporting sexual assault to a dean is complete and utter bullshit anyway. It is a crime, does not matter that it happened on campus or at a student-related event. It needs to be reported to the police, not the damn dean.

He is awful. I have pretty conservative in law relatives (Faux News True Believers) who live in WI and even they supported the recall Walker vote a number of years ago.

My nieces have been told if they are assaulted or raped to go to the real police or demand somebody on campus call them and EMS. Screw campus police.

My best friend works at UW Madison and she said when he suggested the professors teach an extra class to raise money they threw a fit. He doesn't realize that the money that comes in from research helps fund the departments too. Athletics has their fundraising down to a tee, but bio-chem and bio-mechanical engineering have to show results to get the money into their departments.

Walker has cut off his nose to spite his face and I can't understand why my relatives who have kids in school still support him. He's a puppet supported by the Kochs. If my dad was still alive, even though he thought the democrats sold us down the road in the cold war, he'd have been one of those 100,000 protestors in Madison that Walker compared to Isis.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Archived