IGNORED

Florist who wouldn't sell flowers to gay couple loses big!

Rainytown

Good for them.

Personally, I don't chance having my food spit in. If someone doesn't want to serve me, I'll take my business elsewhere. Spend my hard earned cash at a business that does want my money.

Cleveland goes into a 50s themed restaurant, as an illustration. The next level that I'll have to stoop down to is using hand puppets and squeeky nanny voice.

[bBvideo 560,340:20oin2gg]

[/bBvideo]

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for them.

Personally, I don't chance having my food spit in. If someone doesn't want to serve me, I'll take my business elsewhere. Spend my hard earned cash at a business that does want my money.

It is fine that you didn't want to, but don't judge the people who do. You may not mean to, but it sounds like you are saying that they were wrong for pushing the issue.

And CND, I can see you liked this. Can you please tell us how it feels to use the arguments that racists used and why you get to use your religion to discriminate but think it is wrong for other people to do the same?

Why that much hate? Would you serve Doug Phillips is a Tool if he came to your shop and was trying to buy something back in the days before Tool-O-Ween and you knew what was going on? Especially if you thought it might be related to some alleged relationship with someone other than his wife? This isn't so much about the homosexual agenda to me, as it is about the right to refuse service to someone you don't want to do business with for whatever reason.

I would serve him. Part of having a public business is serving people you may not like. If I wouldn't do it, I'd have no right to be in that business. If I thought his material was somehow illegal, like promoting molestation of children, or trying to incite a riot, I'd contact the police.

But even if someone didn't serve Doug under those circumstances, adultery isn't a protected classification. That's something you're too stupid to understand. Protected class matters a lot.

If I want the right to pick and choose clients, I can open a private shop in the back room of my home. Since no one has the right to enter my home without my permission, I can decide who I will do work for. Nobody's going to say the Rodrigueses should have to print material they don't want since, when David had a little business, it was private, at home, not in a public commercial zone. Yeah, having a private business means making less money, but that's how it can be done legally.

If that homophobic bitch wants to be hateful, she can open up a shop in private property instead of in a public place.

And what in the everloving **** is he still doing on this board? There are anti-gay sites all over the internet. Why doesn't he take his bs somewhere else where it is appreciated?

What do you mean by "throw it in my face". Be specific. Can they come in and buy flowers and talk about their wedding? Or do they need to just keep quiet and hide who they are? Do you want them to be invisible and pretend to be straight? Can they come in holding hands with they one they love to pick out flowers for their wedding?

It is like the people whose religions beliefs said that interracial marriage was wrong. I remember this so it wasn't that long ago, but I remember being out in public and seeing interracial couples and hearing people say things like "Why can't they keep that private? Why do they have to be all public about this?"

According to CND, this is okay:

SD9.jpeg

But this is rubbing it in our faces:

5843372935_0bc72a38ab.jpg

Good for them.

Good for you.

Personally, I would abso-fucking-lutely chance someone spitting in my food if that's what it took to end discrimination against gays. Do you know people actually had to endure worse things, like getting arrested, beaten, and KILLED in order to end segregation? If someone told me that discrimination against gays would end if I would just drink a barrel full of spit, I'd get out my straw, start chugging, and consider myself lucky that I was able to solve discrimination against a whole group of people so easily. What planet do you live on????

And CND, you are obviously still reading since you liked this post. When are you going to answer FormerGothardite's questions?

I'm glad he is here and I'm glad he isn't hiding his hate of people who are gay. I think it does people like him a world of good to have to desperately defend treating people who are gay as sub-humans who should be discriminated against. They always end up not being able to do so and I am pretty sure it bothers them. And yes, CND, saying that people who are gay need to keep quiet about who they are is treating them as sub-human.

You may tell yourself that you aren't like the racists and that you can totally defend your stance, but read the arguments they used. You are not different than they were and decades from now people will be reading your arguments and marveling at how someone could believe gay people shouldn't have equality.

For CND to show him how close he is to sounding like the people who fought against desegregation. This was read at a city council meeting in Missouri by Rev. Phil Snider.

I hope that's real. When he got to the part about the wrong notes, I did a double-take, and hope the council did too.

Just saying -

I don't want someone making a cake (or any food) for me that doesn't want to. What is the saying - "never mess with the person making your food?"

You could end up eating their spit.....

You should expect the same service as anyone else, and going there or not should be YOUR choice.

Cleveland goes into a 50s themed restaurant, as an illustration. The next level that I'll have to stoop down to is using hand puppets and squeeky nanny voice.

[bBvideo 560,340:1n20ut7i]

[/bBvideo]

The humor on that show is misunderstood a lot. But I love it. Scenes like that aren't meant to be funny-ha-ha, but oh-shit and make is think about how things like that are still happening in a way, and any laughing should be uncomfortable laughing.

That's what CND argues should be allowed to happen to gays.

I hope that's real. When he got to the part about the wrong notes, I did a double-take, and hope the council did too.

It is real. The people in the background seemed half-bored but perked up when he said "segregation." The arguments against desegregation and gay rights are exactly the same and no one could tell the difference between the two.

[bBvideo 560,340:2oqgbylg]

[/bBvideo]

DGayle, does it look like I was trying to ridicule the whole thing? I've been watching FG since the beginning and I'd like to think that I understand it well enough to know when is it accurate to use tidbits like this to help stupid people illustrate their stupidness.

*sigh* Do I have to bother clarifying why I used this videoclip as an illustration or will people assume that I'm not making fun of people being denied service back in the fifties because they were black? :roll:

You first came on this board to defend Lordes Torres.

Actually, no, he didn't. He first came here to "defend" Nathaniel Darnell against the "accusation" of being gay (see, I can use scare quotes, too!).

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, since he was new, and asked if he also thought that being gay was something bad, and he made his opinions clear.

I posted the links previously in this thread -- here they are again:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&p=675651#p675651

More:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&p=696029#p696029

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&start=120#p695586

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&start=140#p695904

With his third post, he chimed in about VF:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=20934&p=690303#p690303

Considerably later, he posted about Lourdes and Doug, hinting that he had inside information, but I don't think he ever actually told us anything we didn't already know (I'm open to correction on that -- not searching for that info right now, just going on my memory).

ETA -- not jumping on you, She'sCrafty -- just wanted to make it clear that anti-gay bigotry seems to be a primary reason CnD started posting here.

In reading about the black protesters who bravely went into restaurants that did not want to serve them, I discovered that South Carolina just decided on January 28th of this year to throw out the convictions of the nine black men who decided to go "throw their blackness" in the faces of the white people and sit at an all white counter. Having their food spit in was the least of their worries.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... conviction

Good for them.

Great. But legally in that state you aren't required to.

Actually, no, he didn't. He first came here to "defend" Nathaniel Darnell against the "accusation" of being gay (see, I can use scare quotes, too!).

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, since he was new, and asked if he also thought that being gay was something bad, and he made his opinions clear.

I posted the links previously in this thread -- here they are again:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&p=675651#p675651

More:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&p=696029#p696029

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&start=120#p695586

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=20466&start=140#p695904

With his third post, he chimed in about VF:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=20934&p=690303#p690303

Considerably later, he posted about Lourdes and Doug, hinting that he had inside information, but I don't think he ever actually told us anything we didn't already know (I'm open to correction on that -- not searching for that info right now, just going on my memory).

My bad, I was going off of memory too and only remember him from the Lourdes thread. So he started here as a homophobic asshat. I hope he doesn't end his time here the same way.

My bad, I was going off of memory too and only remember him from the Lourdes thread. So he started here as a homophobic asshat. I hope he doesn't end his time here the same way.

It's looking like it will end the same way. He's pretty much shown what he really thinks.

DGayle, does it look like I was trying to ridicule the whole thing? I've been watching FG since the beginning and I'd like to think that I understand it well enough to know when is it accurate to use tidbits like this to help stupid people illustrate their stupidness.

*sigh* Do I have to bother clarifying why I used this videoclip as an illustration or will people assume that I'm not making fun of people being denied service back in the fifties because they were black? :roll:

I was explaining in case someone else sees it and doesn't get it since a lot of people don't get what Family Guy is about. I know a lot of people who don't. Sorry, should have been more clear on that.

When pointed out how appalling what he said is, that asshole still sees nothing wrong with it. NOTHING. CND is an adult, and is saying the price for his horrific words. No, he's actually getting off easy. And no, the comparison doesn't work. Nothing is being forced onto someone else's body or taken by force. The store owner decided to go into business knowing there are laws, and that implies consent to follow the laws. Not the same thing in any remote way.

Yeah, he is young adult brought up in Vision Forum where he has been taught his own superiorority and a twisted view of history. He is actually coming back and engaging and trying to discuss the issues. Calling him an asshole is not helping him learn. I think he dead wrong but all the aggressiveness is doing to keeping him from opening his mind. This is not a situation like BrownieMomma, who drops her Bon mots and disappears. Tree mom and others are doing a good job of talking without insults. Let's educate a young fundie, not close him off

It's looking like it will end the same way. He's pretty much shown what he really thinks.

Hope springs eternal ;)

How does someone rub being gay in your face? Do you expect them to pretend they aren't a couple, or do you expect them to be held to the same standards as straight people?

If a straight couple hold hands in public, that isn't rubbing being straight in our faces, so a gay couple should be able to.

Would it be inappropriate if two women went into a wedding dress shop and said that they are looking for dresses, someone asked which one the bride was, and they explained that both of them are brides, they are marrying eachother. Or if a gay couple came in to pick out wedding flowers together and both wanted an input into which kind of flowers to suggest...or even if one man came in on his own and mentioned "Oh, these ones are my boyfriend's favourite flowers". Or if someone came into a wedding venue and introduced themselves "Hi, Im John, and this is my fiancé David, we are looking to have our wedding here, and would like to know how much that would cost and what days you are available?". Is that inappropriate? What should they say? Would that be any less appropriate than "Hi, Im Kate, and this is my fiancé David, we are looking to have our wedding here, and would like to know how much that would cost and what days you are available?"

Its not like any gay couples are going around saying "Hi, I am gay, this is my gorgeous boyfriend and we want to have our gay wedding here, because we are gay. I like it when he puts his dick up my butt, and he likes blow jobs. We are very much into golden showers and handcuffs". Nobody talks like that because everyone knows that talking about your sex live in public is rude. It would be equally inappropriate if a man and woman said "This is my sexy wife, look how big her tits are, she gives really good head too. We are into BDSM and anal." Nobody needs to know that about anyone unless they are looking for a sexual partner, and even then, at least say hi and get talking before you talk about what you want in bed.

Is Jessa and Ben's sexy kissing picture inappropriate and flaunting their heterosexuality? Would it be any more inappropriate if it was Ben and Derick making out like that?

What about a picture of a happy smiling Quiverfull family with their eight children? Is that okay. Is a picture of a happy smiling lesbian couple with their children not okay? What about on TV? The Duggar and Bates families and their kids having a show? Is that okay? What if TLC had a new show, with a gay couple who had 19 kids?

What about someone displaying their wedding photos on their desk at work? A happy picture of themselves with their wife? Would this be different if the person displaying the photos was a man, or another woman?

Just saying -

I don't want someone making a cake (or any food) for me that doesn't want to. What is the saying - "never mess with the person making your food?"

You could end up eating their spit.....

And you could end up in jail, outed as a bigot, and lose your business. And that, my dear is something you might want to think twice about.

Archived