IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell made a music video for Elissa!

SPHASH

Woo-hoo the play-by-play is up!!

It is so snarkworthy, that I just can't manage to find the words. It is *almost* better than the play-by-play when Uriah got stuck in a pot hole.

It was so spontaneous! And wondrous. But then it wasn't spontaneous. We all improvised 'cos we were on a hike. And all our wondrous talents working full speed captured the unspontaneous nature of Joseph caterwauling singing that song for Eeeelissa.

It was great. Jesse worked so hard in post-production. Chris did the lighting for this unspontaneous outbreak of song. We are so very talented!

It's awful.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seemed overly complicated. :? They can't just take a video using their phones like the rest of us, can they?

That seemed overly complicated. :? They can't just take a video using their phones like the rest of us, can they?

No. No they can not.

There is no spontaneity on Maxwell land, everything must tinkered to "perfection."

Because they're the Maxwells and their lives are so damn beige.

They have to find things to fill out their days because they don't have any real or meaningful work to do. If they didn't grab this opportunity to fill a couple of 15 minute slots,they'd have to do something even more boring (like dusting ceiling fans).

I don't know what I'm laughing harder over, "Christopher's forte" or that they made such a big deal over a video that lasts 47 FUCKING SECONDS. And features a voice that possibly killed any birds flying overhead.

It is a very special reality that the Maxwells live in.

I predict Jesse and Christopher are planning to start a wedding video business and this was the first Maxommercial for it.

I don't know what I'm laughing harder over, "Christopher's forte" or that they made such a big deal over a video that lasts 47 FUCKING SECONDS. And features a voice that possibly killed any birds flying overhead.

It is a very special reality that the Maxwells live in.

The 'lighting is Chris's forte' is a huge laugh. And being resourceful and working together is great, but they think that only their family is that way.

He's a godly young man - his eyes and mind wouldn't linger where they shouldn't. Steve is going to have to extend the tight chest flattening undershirts dress code to the boys as well as the girls. God knows what they do, but the extent to which Mary manages to flatten and conceal her breasts is scary. You'll see an occasional picture where they aren't flattened/hidden and she's quite well endowed - she has a lovely figure that's curvier than her sisters. But most of the time she manages to make her boobs disappear. She needs to give Joseph some tips.

Steve is such a sick fuck. Mary is such a beautiful young lady - in my opinion she is the prettiest of the Maxwell ladies - and I cannot believe that her demon-possessed father would make her hide her figure like that. How ashamed and embarrassed she must feel.

Given Steve's obsession with DEATH, I am surprised that no one threw themselve's OFF the mountain when they heard Joseph's wailing as they hiked down.

I hope Mary isn't having to wear actual binders - you're only supposed to wear them for up to 8 hours a day, and you can't do strenuous activity in them (binders are what trans men wear to flatten their chest before they've had top surgery).

Re Joseph, he does seem quite stocky but gynaemastica aka 'moobs' is a real thing and is not actually dependent on one's weight or body size. You can be thin and have gynaemastica, just like you can be thin and have cellulite. I don't think Joseph is out of shape (and I think body snarking on men is just as unacceptable as body snarking on women and non-binary gender people), he just has a stockier body type.

Given Steve's obsession with DEATH, I am surprised that no one threw themselve's OFF the mountain when they heard Joseph's wailing as they hiked down.

I couldn't help but think of the Maxwells when I read Oliver Sacks' piece in the Times about how, in the face of his imminent and untimely death, he wants only focus on enjoying life and being grateful for the time he has left. This last line especially…

Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure.

New post up on Titus2. Anna has a sleepover and prays with B and C.

Do 4 and 2 year olds usually talk/pray like that? I skeptically ponder whether Anna is gilding the lily.

I could see some of it. They are likely repeating what have heard adults say. My almost 3 year old son does that a lot. We can make him say some odd things sometime.

I do think the prayer rounds were probably suggested to them, not something they came up with themselves.

I agree albeit I'm convinced that by the time they are able to form sentences, they'll be undergoing a thorough brainwashing so by the time they are able to speak, Maxwell indoctrination pours out of their mouths.

No. No they can not.

There is no spontaneity on Maxwell land, everything must tinkered to "perfection."

I think Steveovah is the type who has to overcomplicate the process of doing whatever it is they are doing. It can't be simple and straightforward, there has to be extra steps added to the process, not because it will yield a better result, but that he can keep that family busy at all times. No way should any of them have a free moment because they got their work done more efficiently.

I can't imagine living in that house where you are accountable, even as a grown ass adult, to your dad for how you spend your time.

Also I think that there's some level of godliness attributed for doing things in a more complicated way. It's not the result, it's the method and how many steps you took or what you did to tweak something, which seems to be evidenced in a lot of things they do.

Also I think that there's some level of godliness attributed for doing things in a more complicated way. It's not the result, it's the method and how many steps you took or what you did to tweak something, which seems to be evidenced in a lot of things they do.

Agreed. Steve is/was an engineer and a good engineer never takes short-cuts for fear of a failed end-product, so he checks and double checks and triple checks every step. And he expects that of his children, as well.

Agreed. Steve is/was an engineer and a good engineer never takes short-cuts for fear of a failed end-product, so he checks and double checks and triple checks every step. And he expects that of his children, as well.

Being a tight-ass control freak maniac definitely helps a lot here.

I think Steveovah is the type who has to overcomplicate the process of doing whatever it is they are doing. It can't be simple and straightforward, there has to be extra steps added to the process, not because it will yield a better result, but that he can keep that family busy at all times. No way should any of them have a free moment because they got their work done more efficiently.

I can't imagine living in that house where you are accountable, even as a grown ass adult, to your dad for how you spend your time.

They are accountable to Stevehovah for EVERYTHING in that house. Wasn't there some smug blog post a few years ago from Joseph answering the question as to why he owns a house and yet did not live in it? And one of his reasons was accountability. And then he blah blah blah'ed about how it was his own decision and all that crap.

Um, Joseph? You are a grown ass man, accountable to no one. You can pretty much do what you want in your own house. I mean, sure there are consequences to things. If you murder someone or run a meth lab, the police would probably like to have a word with you. And if you drink a beer or look at a Glamour magazine, you will burn in hell for all eternity.

But these are choices that YOU get to make. If your parents spent 18 years of your life pounding things into your brain that fly right out of your head the minute you walk across the street to your own house, then maybe they weren't worth hanging onto in the first place.

And I wonder what ol' Stevie thinks of us calling him Stevehovah. I'll bet he secretly loves it, but is mad that he cannot demand that his family calls him that.

New post up on Titus2. Anna has a sleepover and prays with B and C.

Do 4 and 2 year olds usually talk/pray like that? I skeptically ponder whether Anna is gilding the lily.

Does anyone else think it's strange that Nathan would take Abby to a last-minute FUNERAL? Really? She's 6. What, no one else got to go along for the fun?????

Does anyone else think it's strange that Nathan would take Abby to a last-minute FUNERAL? Really? She's 6. What, no one else got to go along for the fun?????

In Maxwell Land, no. DEATH is their theme.

I haven't read the post. Whose funeral was it? Honestly, my dad took me to a funeral when I was that young. It was a friend of his grandmother's who had passed away. She was well into her 90's, and she used to send me gifts and cards because she had never married or had children. I remembering wanting to go, mostly because I had never been to a funeral and - morbid child that I was - I wanted to see a body. Closed casket though, and I found the funeral full of boring old people who thought I was adorable.

Looking back, I think my dad offered to take me because he knew that I liked the lady and he wanted me to realize that dying was a natural part of life and she was an old lady who had lived a tremendous life, and it was our chance to say goodbye to her and wish her well on her journey.

And I just realized that I am trying to make sense out of a Maxwell funeral death post. :angry-banghead:

They are accountable to Stevehovah for EVERYTHING in that house. Wasn't there some smug blog post a few years ago from Joseph answering the question as to why he owns a house and yet did not live in it? And one of his reasons was accountability. And then he blah blah blah'ed about how it was his own decision and all that crap.

Um, Joseph? You are a grown ass man, accountable to no one. You can pretty much do what you want in your own house. I mean, sure there are consequences to things. If you murder someone or run a meth lab, the police would probably like to have a word with you. And if you drink a beer or look at a Glamour magazine, you will burn in hell for all eternity.

But these are choices that YOU get to make. If your parents spent 18 years of your life pounding things into your brain that fly right out of your head the minute you walk across the street to your own house, then maybe they weren't worth hanging onto in the first place.

And I wonder what ol' Stevie thinks of us calling him Stevehovah. I'll bet he secretly loves it, but is mad that he cannot demand that his family calls him that.

I remember that blog post and it was pretty sad to see an adult, who had the right to simply walk out Steveovah's door ever since he turned 18, justify why he couldn't stay in his own home, because of accountability. And no way in hell was it his own decision. He might have thought it was his decision but when someone makes the very choice that falls in exact line with Daddy's teachings, it's not a choice. You are simply towing the line whether you realize it or not.

It struck me how much of a mindf**k Steveovah has wrought on his kids.

ETA: Not sure what Stevie thinks about being called Steveovah. Even though it fits him, he's probably convinced that he's doing this all for Jebus, it's not about being the Idol of his Cult Family. Oh no, it just can't be that. :roll:

I know! The only funeral I would take a 6yo to is for a family member. In that case, the entire family would have gone. It must have been far since they had to stay overnight.

How did Joshie get the flu? They're never around anyone other than "the Family"! :cray-cray:

Isn't Anna due soon?

I read the newest post and was struck by a name change right in the middle. In the first two paragraphs, she refers to the girls - Bethany and Tina. Then, suddenly in the middle of the post, it's "Betsy and Tina." Has she ever been referred to as Betsy before? What is with these people and changing names?!?

Why Betsy for Bethany? Is saying that extra syllable cutting into bible time?

I really hope N & M have checked out Tina's eyes. Unless photos lie, there really does seem to be an issue with at least one of them.

Why Betsy for Bethany? Is saying that extra syllable cutting into bible time?

Why Betsy for Bethany when Steve auto-corrects nicknames in the comments he approves and edits it to something that suits his taste?

Archived