IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell made a music video for Elissa!

SPHASH

So now I am confused. Is Melanie the pregnant one? I can never keep anyone straight with this family. Could that be a reason she didn't go? At first, I didn't even notice that it wasn't mentioned that Melanie went. Maybe she was sick and couldn't travel. If that is the case, then a Maxwell son actually did something nice for his wife by going to the funeral. I also think it is nice that Abby can see this as taking a special, important trip with Daddy.

I don't have kids but I don't really have a problem with taking kids to funerals. I grew up in a family where everyone, of all ages, went to every funeral, wedding, etc. We still do it. None of us have had a problem as a result. It's just the way our family works. Maybe it is just family and child dependent but, if I ever had a child, I would likely do the same. I can find a multitude of probelms with Maxwell parenting but taking Abby or any of the kids to a funeral is not one of them. Plus, I like the idea of the little Maxwells having as much contact with none Maxwell family as possible. Strengthen those ties for when they possibly fly the coop.

Mel is not pregnant. She had Drew over the summer. She generally doesn't concieve that quickly. Anna is pregnant and due mid March.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would bet a bean burrito since you can't taste the difference that "Betsy" is a typo for "Bethy". Maxwells are not known for proofing. Anything.

Interesting thought! & I have to agree w/ u.

Interesting thought! & I have to agree w/ u.

I thought that too, but one commenter asked if Betsy was a nickname and Sarah said it was.

I agree with the above poster that Christina's eyes look a little off. Some of us here have thought that was the case for a year or two now.

One thing about the Maxwells, they do seem to go doctors if needed, so hopefully they've had them checked.

Although I can't imagine how expensive doctor visits are for them since, I assume, they are self payers.

^^^^^^

Both Nathan and Christopher have been featured spokespeople for Scamaritan.

^^^^^^

Both Nathan and Christopher have been featured spokespeople for Scamaritan.

Nate also downgraded people who had pre-existing conditions like diabetes.

Nate also downgraded people who had pre-existing conditions like diabetes.

wouldn't that be karma if Joseph develops that condition. (hopefully he won't, of course, but their harsh judgement of others justifies some retribution from the universe)

actually i don't think scamaritan covers anything pre-existing. The company states they have no liability to cover any charges at all. It's a false sense of security for so many families.

post-10046-14451999938771_thumb.jpg

source: samaritanministries.org/how-it-works/faq/

post-10046-14451999938771_thumb.jpg

oh pre-existing usually not covered. So i'm guessing that means pregnant with eleventieth kid, high risk intentional pregnancy - probably going to be accepted, but they gave themselves an out by saying "limited", so they are free to play God and discriminate against anyone who doesn't fit their ideal. :doh:

post-10046-14451999939011_thumb.jpg

wouldn't that be karma if Joseph develops that condition. (hopefully he won't, of course, but their harsh judgement of others justifies some retribution from the universe)

actually i don't think scamaritan covers anything pre-existing. The company states they have no liability to cover any charges at all. It's a false sense of security for so many families.

post-2315-14451995961143_thumb.pngscam.JPG[/attachment]

oh pre-existing usually not covered. So i'm guessing that means pregnant with eleventieth kid, high risk intentional pregnancy - probably going to be accepted, but they gave themselves an out by saying "limited", so they are free to play God and discriminate against anyone who doesn't fit their ideal. :doh:

Well, according to Christopher (or Nathan because I forget) Teri and Stevo are NOT eligible for Scamaritan because of pre-existing conditions. Teri is easy because clinical depression must = a sin. Steve's pre-existing condition is more nebulous. One presumes he is not diabetic because the boys would not bash Stevo for that. Judgment on diabetics is reserved for others not sainted Stevehovah.

The Maxwell view of life, death and sickness makes me want to vomit.

Well, according to Christopher (or Nathan because I forget) Teri and Stevo are NOT eligible for Scamaritan because of pre-existing conditions. Teri is easy because clinical depression must = a sin. Steve's pre-existing condition is more nebulous. One presumes he is not diabetic because the boys would not bash Stevo for that. Judgment on diabetics is reserved for others not sainted Stevehovah.

The Maxwell view of life, death and sickness makes me want to vomit.

It can be pretty hard to get real insurance to cover personality disorders so I'm guessing Samaritan took one look at Steve and said no way.

Steve had a pre existing condition? What does he have, seeing as they probably don't believe in mental illness.

They've never said.

I would bet that both Steve and Teri have some kind of traditional health insurance policy on the QT. I think there's a lot about them that doesn't quite jibe with the image the use to shill their products.

I don't see the post of the scam insurance. It seems as though they don't pay anything unless you have medical bills as a result of something then cannot find a way to blame on you. So what exactly are you paying for? I am guessing that th people paying into this do not have routine doctor visits. It seems like it would be cheaper to pay for real insurance and get regular check ups. I am one of those people that will run to the doctor when I am feeling weird and I only pay the co-pay. With scam people probably just try and heal themselves rather than pay a much higher out of pocket fee for a private doctor or even urgent care.

I imagine that the women are not visiting the gyno for a yearly exam, if they ever do, since they use midwives for home births, many of which are likely unlicensed. I wonder if many of these fundy wives have ever even had a Pap smear, which is very worrisome.

Examples of the Maxwells shilling for Scamaritan:

khi.org/news/article/faith-based-sharing-plans-help-many-kansans-cover/

samaritanministries.org/member-spotlight-nathan-maxwell-christopher-maxwell-itonramp-com/

It has always struck me as an incredibly flawed and unreliable system. The Maxwells may get their bills paid because they are well-known, but I can imagine some people getting screwed for relying on it. Also, when you read the small sprint, coverage can be denied at the drop of a hat for perceived moral failings and a subscriber would have no redress at all.

Y'all will DEFINITELY need to break out the brain bleach after this, but the face Joseph is making in the thumbnail of the video...

GNIjfee.jpg

Well, I'm sure Elissa is well-acquainted with it by now. If you catch my drift. :shock:

Examples of the Maxwells shilling for Scamaritan:

khi.org/news/article/faith-based-sharing-plans-help-many-kansans-cover/

samaritanministries.org/member-spotlight-nathan-maxwell-christopher-maxwell-itonramp-com/

It has always struck me as an incredibly flawed and unreliable system. The Maxwells may get their bills paid because they are well-known, but I can imagine some people getting screwed for relying on it. Also, when you read the small sprint, coverage can be denied at the drop of a hat for perceived moral failings and a subscriber would have no redress at all.

I have a friend that uses Samaritan and she has been happy with it, and her family is not well know in any sense of the word. Personally I wouldn't use them but to each their own.

I would bet that both Steve and Teri have some kind of traditional health insurance policy on the QT. I think there's a lot about them that doesn't quite jibe with the image the use to shill their products.

If they had a traditional policy in place, then per ebil Obamacare, they cannot be denied coverage for pre existing conditions. So hopefully, they do have something on the QT rather than just go with nothing and Scamaritan looks to be as good as going with nothing IMHO.

And yeah, I agree that their image that they so meticulously try to portray isn't the reality for them. Their extreme control over their message, between scrubbing on their blog, editing responses that change the meaning, getting upset when things don't quite go to plan at a conference or mentioning that Ungodly Young Woman Who Should Not Be Named suggest to me that it's not all sunshine and roses because Jebus! in Maxwell Land, even among the Maxwells.

There's a new post up about Anna's pregnancy. I have to say, she is a very beautiful woman. The post mentions she had a lot of trouble with varicose veins, causing lots of pain. Is there a medical treatment for that? Would she have been allowed to see a doctor? I'm glad she's feeling better now, according to the post. I think Anna deserves the best. She seems like a very sweet person.

blog.titus2.com/2015/02/24/anna-maries-baby-update/

There's a new post up about Anna's pregnancy. I have to say, she is a very beautiful woman. The post mentions she had a lot of trouble with varicose veins, causing lots of pain. Is there a medical treatment for that? Would she have been allowed to see a doctor? I'm glad she's feeling better now, according to the post. I think Anna deserves the best. She seems like a very sweet person.

blog.titus2.com/2015/02/24/anna-maries-baby-update/

My stepmother had vericose veins. There are some very expensive medical stockings (expensive as far as stockings go at least) and such avilable and some pt for the pain. The stockings come from stores that sell stuff for people with limited movement so they have all that stuff to improve circulation or help brave joints. She did eventually have one removed surgically but only after it burst, yep, through her skin and sprayed blood all over a hotel room.

I always got the feeling (no proof, just a hunch) that NR-Anna loves being a wife and mother, and that would be her calling even if religion was not involved.

She is a natural beauty, and looks very pretty in those pictures.

My stepmother had vericose veins. There are some very expensive medical stockings (expensive as far as stockings go at least) and such avilable and some pt for the pain. The stockings come from stores that sell stuff for people with limited movement so they have all that stuff to improve circulation or help brave joints. She did eventually have one removed surgically but only after it burst, yep, through her skin and sprayed blood all over a hotel room.

:o :o :o Oh my gosh!! That poor woman.

:o :o :o Oh my gosh!! That poor woman.

She said it didn't hurt at all and she was in the shower but yeah rhe blood pressure was so much that it made a perfect level line of blood across the shower before she noticed and stopped it. My dad walked in while it was happening and freaked more. She thought it was kind of funny.

I always got the feeling (no proof, just a hunch) that NR-Anna loves being a wife and mother, and that would be her calling even if religion was not involved.

She is a natural beauty, and looks very pretty in those pictures.

I agree -- I think she's quite content with her life. When I first saw her right before the wedding, I didn't think she was very pretty. But she has really grown into herself and truly radiates. These latest photos are spectacular, really. Her hair down is beautiful, and she has a beauty about her face that truly emanates happiness. At least that's what I see.

Archived