IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell made a music video for Elissa!

SPHASH

She looks younger than she usually does. Pregnancy really suits her. I agree with those that say she'd be a SAHM even without religion.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She looks different with her hair down like that! If I had just seen the pictures without knowing it was NR-Anna, I don't believe I would have known who she was. I agree with you all - she's lovely!

It’s funny; I’ve given up guessing on what someone will have. After all, it’s going to be a 50/50 chance.

I have never heard Sarah sound so depressed. I suppose watching other women have child after child while she is shut up at home is no longer any fun for her.

She sounds like she's given up on more than just baby guessing.

I have never heard Sarah sound so depressed. I suppose watching other women have child after child while she is shut up at home is no longer any fun for her.

She sounds like she's given up on more than just baby guessing.

Yes, I thought it sounded rather sad and negative. Poor Sarah.

Yes, I thought it sounded rather sad and negative. Poor Sarah.

It did sound like someone resigned to her fate. Is Sarah suffering from depression and being shamed over it? The passage about Anna's varicose veins stood out for me that way as well: "For those who know Anna Marie, she does not complain–she just doesn’t. She had such a sweet spirit despite the pain."

NR Anna looks stunning, even in Sarah's staged photos. Her hair is gorgeous, and she manages to rock a frumper.

Poor Sarah. NR Anna is significantly younger than her, isn't she? But she's glowing with fertility and motherhood, third blessing nearly here, doing everything Sarah was raised for but isn't allowed to do.

I've never been one to think NR Anna is a great beauty, but I was honestly struck by these new photos. With her hair down and very straight, she looks quite modern and lovely! I had absolutely no idea it was her when I first saw the pictures. She looks like she's 19 years old here! Sarah should take note of the more mature, age-appropriate headband as well.

I've never been one to think NR Anna is a great beauty, but I was honestly struck by these new photos. With her hair down and very straight, she looks quite modern and lovely! I had absolutely no idea it was her when I first saw the pictures. She looks like she's 19 years old here! Sarah should take note of the more mature, age-appropriate headband as well.

She does look different although I can't pinpoint what it is. She's always lovely, but even more so in these pics. Is her hair darker? (Not that I think it makes her look better, just something I noticed)

I think she trimmed the ends and applied a very good conditioner, because her hair is really sleek and shiny in those pics, just gorgeous. She also looked quite stunning in pictures taken of her with Ruthanne when Ruthanne was only about 2 days old. Honestly, I have never seen a woman photograph so well in the 3rd trimester and immediately post partum. Demi Moore has nothing on her.

And let's not forget the pictures were probably taken by Christopher, who has about as much right to call himself a photographer as I do to call myself a supermodel. Imagine those photos taken by someone with real talent.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I was alarmed at the pictures of Christina to see that she apparently has a lazy eye. If they don't get that treated, she could lose the sight in it.

NR Anna looks particularly stunning in those photos, though she always looks great, IMO. She positively glows when she's pregnant.

I had a denim maternity frumper just like the one she has on in the photos when my boys were wee ones. I wore it for YEARS. Loved that thing.

Anna Marie looks radiant. No other word suffices. I've always thought of her as attractive in a wholesome way, but she just wears pregnancy very well. I do agree with others here; this doesn't look like a burden or sacrifice to her. She seems to be genuinely invested in the SAHM (fundie or not) lifestyle.

Sarah's tone is just North of bitter. She has lacked her usual cultivated effervescence for a while. Maybe it's life passing her by, or maybe it's something more pedestrian. Either way, I hope that she finds a spark of joy somewhere soon. New hobby, new headband, WHATEVER, just as long as it brings her a smile. She's my age, and it breaks my heart to think of how long she's been waiting for her life to start.

Anna Marie looks radiant. No other word suffices. I've always thought of her as attractive in a wholesome way, but she just wears pregnancy very well. I do agree with others here; this doesn't look like a burden or sacrifice to her. She seems to be genuinely invested in the SAHM (fundie or not) lifestyle.

Sarah's tone is just North of bitter. She has lacked her usual cultivated effervescence for a while. Maybe it's life passing her by, or maybe it's something more pedestrian. Either way, I hope that she finds a spark of joy somewhere soon. New hobby, new headband, WHATEVER, just as long as it brings her a smile. She's my age, and it breaks my heart to think of how long she's been waiting for her life to start.

Can't get the link to come up right on my phone.

"When will my life begin"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=je4nDvNJXsg

I think NR-Anna might also be wearing a bit of colored lip balm in these photos. Her face seems less monochrome. The headband looks good on her (no big flower!!). And her hair does seems more tame/less frizzy (she's got a boatload of natural curl so that must be no small feat). She's lovely.

ETA: I know Abigail isn't her daughter, but she looks here like what I envision Abigail will look like when she is grown.

Can't get the link to come up right on my phone.

"When will my life begin"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=je4nDvNJXsg

I have always thought that Anna Marie is beautiful and here she is absolutely stunning. I wish her a safe and healthy delivery.

Poor, poor Sarah. I've been wondering if she is down because their conferences seem to be ending and Uriah is gone. Perhaps Sarah really enjoyed going out and meeting other people and travelling the country. At least it got her out of the Beige Home of Doom.

Do the Maxwells have ANY conferences or travel plans on the horizon? For the love fuck, Stevehovah, LET YOUR CHILDREN GO.

I have always thought that Anna Marie is beautiful and here she is absolutely stunning. I wish her a safe and healthy delivery.

Poor, poor Sarah. I've been wondering if she is down because their conferences seem to be ending and Uriah is gone. Perhaps Sarah really enjoyed going out and meeting other people and travelling the country. At least it got her out of the Beige Home of Doom.

Do the Maxwells have ANY conferences or travel plans on the horizon? For the love fuck, Stevehovah, LET YOUR CHILDREN GO.

My guess is that Elissa is also pregnant but they are waiting to announce which is yet one more baby coming into the family that ISN'T Sarah's. That must be depressing to her every time it happens.

So far they've only had one event in 2015. A close to home "Ladies Evening" where Teri spoke. Nothing else planned yet.

I wonder how Uriah being gone will affect their travels? Those are about the only opportunity Sarah has to meet people.

I also remember how Sarah liked to do her writing in Uriah, and her heartfelt posts when they were selling him.

Oh shit. I forgot about that.

I was hoping for their sake (and as a big FUCK YOU to Stevehovah) that Joseph and Elissa would wait for a few years before breeding. Poor Sarah. :( I know she loves her nieces and nephews and they love her, but what a shame that she most likely feels life is passing her by, all in the name of Jesus.

I cannot say it enough.

FUCK YOU WITH A GIANT THISTLE, STEVE.

ETA: In one of their "goodbye Uriah" posts, I think they mentioned going back to caravaning it and staying in hotels for their conferences. I think they know that their conferences are dwindling and Uriah was not worth the money.

Sarah did seem attached to him. I forgot that she would use him to write and probably have some precious alone time.

Same reaction here. I certainly never thought of her as ugly, but thought she was very washed out (the whole no make up thing was very pronounced on her because of her extremely fair coloring) and had a masculine structure to her face. But she looks ridiculously pretty here. And about eight years younger than she did at her wedding!

I don't see any difference in Anna, TBH.

I did finally watch the "music video!" How silly. I'm glad they found something to do while hiking, it was probably fun for them. No need to share with us though. There is a reason my high school amature videos aren't on the internet.

Anna has definitely come into her own since she first came on the scene. I remember thinking how she looked like a shy awkward girl at her wedding (with a little girl voice too, IIRC), which stands to reason given that she was leaving her family to move halfway across the country. She really has blossomed though in her role as wife and mother and who knows? That could well have been the life she'd have chosen for herself, had choice ever been part of her upbringing. Either it's really what she wants (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be a wife and mother) or she's a better actress than any of us could imagine, because she looks genuinely content. I do, however, get a real smug vibe from her every so often. But she's got a very quiet, natural beauty that hearkens back to another era. I could definitely see her homesteading in the old west.

Curious how much her seemingly worsening varicose vein problem might impact future pregnancies. Would the Maxwells ever entertain the notion that it may not be a good idea to keep pumping out the baybeez at the expense of possibly disabling the mother? Anna just might want to consider complaining at some point, instead of keeping quiet.

I read Sarah's post and I just do not see where it seems as if she is sad or depressed. None of her postings have ever had any type of passion in them. They are all pretty basic and plain. Just because everyone here thinks that she must be depressed about life doesn't mean that she is or that it would even necessarily shine through in her writing.

As to Anna Marie, she does look great and much different than her other photos. I feel like her hair is darker. I don't know why I thought she was a blond.

Wouldn't that make him an assholaholic?

Yes, but I"m sure his religion would consider that not a disease, but a choice....even if he was born predisposed to assholiness...

Archived