IGNORED

Dress code in Montana?

Lillybee

What a loon!!!!

I'm from MT, people won't go for that, and some of them dress more offensively than effing yoga pants. And speedos?? is he going to ban swim teams too?

I guess all men will have to swim wearing shirts. I am surprised that this bill doesn't require women to wear skirts or burkas.

What is the big, dang deal about yoga pants? The principal at my son's high school, wanted to ban them, as well. Heck, in 80's, our jeans were tighter than any yoga pants I've ever seen.

Heck, in 80's, our jeans were tighter than any yoga pants I've ever seen.

yup, for both men and women. my fiance calls the men's version "nut huggers" or "hugs" for short. :lol:

Apart from the sheer ridiculousness of this suggestion... Can we talk about the fact that three indecent exposures gets you life in prison in MT? :wtf:

Apart from the sheer ridiculousness of this suggestion... Can we talk about the fact that three indecent exposures gets you life in prison in MT? :wtf:

Wait, what? Three INDECENT EXPOSURES too? I thought this "3 strikes rule" refers to three felonies? (which is questionable enough already)

Wait, what? Three INDECENT EXPOSURES too? I thought this "3 strikes rule" refers to three felonies? (which is questionable enough already)

That's what the article says, anyway:

A person convicted three times for indecent exposure could be sentenced to life in jail and fined $10,000 under current state law [...].

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. That's so nutty, I actually laughed, when I read it.

I love this bit…

The bill would outlaw any nipple exposure by men or women, along with any clothing that “gives the appearance or simulates†the buttocks, genitals, pelvic area, or female nipple.

Hey, Montana is kind of a cold state, thereby raising the odds of some serious unintentional nippular action. They could end up arresting the entire population.

I would love to see him try to get this to pass and enforce this. What an ass!

I think it's a little concerning, given that the Christian woman's blog, where she said she wouldn't wear yoga pants because they're immodest, went viral - to be picked up by mainstream conservatives who may turn it into some kind of test of a true Christian r True Conservative .

That someone even had the audacity to draft a bill such as this may indicate that the more mainstream folks are glomming on to some of the uber-right ideals. That they're in elected positions has me a bit concerned, actually.

Now, I'm an old gal, and there are many contemporary styles I freaking HATE, but I've learned to keep my yap shut. I remember all the guff my contemporaries got as teens, over miniskirts, go-go boots, blue jeans, and (on guys) long hair. I've just informed myself that yoga pants, jeggings, and tattoos are the miniskirts, jeans, and long hair of the 2010s.

I mean, how many cases of GOD I KIN SEE HER NETHERS CLEAN THROUGH THEM DRAWERS has this guy come across? Two?

I was wondering what the Dixons have been up to so took a look at Jacque's public FB page. She posted about this and how people like this legislator are 'control freaks'. A commenter says 'you forgot 'religious' control freak and Jacque agrees. Of course, she'd never admit that in the not so distant past, she and jocelyn would give a holier than thou smack down to women who wore any kind of pants. I mean, I'm glad she's not that way anymore, but she acts like she never was.

I hate the yoga pants/legging trend. Around here, the women that wear them, are clearly NOT going to yoga class. You can hear the lycra screaming for mercy.

I don't wear standard yoga pants. I wear knit pants and t-shirts when I do yoga. They are more comfortable and give me room to move. That's just me though. I say whatever works for you, wear it.

I'm a lover of the leggings and yoga pants. I don't wear them to get men to look at me...they are comfortable dammit, and in the winter they tuck into boots nicely (of course living in frigid Chicago I have the fleece lined leggings).

I don't get why a couple people with a problem have to force 50% of the population to dress the way they deem appropriate. It's really a personal problem and they need to learn to deal with it.

Anyways, what straight dude (or really any dude when I come to think of it) complains about women wearing yoga pants???

I have fabric sensitivities (hence why most dress codes and uniforms are a nightmare, thank you worthless Christian private school and thank goodness I wasn't raised in Europe).

I wear knit stretch pants and leggings. I live in michigan. If you want to wear a skirt in the winter, leggings are an absolute necessity. Some people I know wear them under dresses to prevent chafing.

You will pry these faux yoga pants and leggings off my cold dead legs.

Fuck these wankers.

And this is going on while, in another state, it was just ruled legal to unconsensualy take up-skirt photos.

What the hell do you even say to that.

Oh, but he is going to be generous and not jail for life those who break the yoga pants law. Only 5 years.

I swear, these men just can't handle themselves. Methinks it's time to ban MEN from office.

Archived