IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Other Bates Family Doings

happy atheist

That's what I thought too. But someone earlier said there was a forum that said her parents were abusive. I remember reading a forum about her, but nothing about her parents being abusive.

Her parents were abusive. She moved in with a family who adopted her, but its not confirmed if the adoption was legal or just in essence. The adopted family's daughter was killed in a car crash and I believe she was friends with Whit and that's how they knew her.

That being said, :shock: Holy fuck! Her biological parents were there?!?!?! I was under the impression she was no longer in contact with them???

ETA: The above is what I remember reading and another poster in another thread not too long ago (or maybe even earlier in this thread) seemed to confirmed that. But I'm now reading this on the internet. I'm not sure which is correct, but it's worth noting that this is also out there:

Whitney's background:

Born Whitney Perkins, her parents died in an auto accident when she was about 12. She bounced around foster care for a couple of years. I read an account of a very negative experience she had with a foster family when she was 14. She was legally adopted by the Owens family when she was 16. Father Owens is a "preacher" (not a minister or pastor, which to me indicates he doesn't have seminary education, much like Gil Bates). She was a pants-wearing, Sonic-working, medical-billing student when she hooked up with Zach.

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/19869 ... he-carhop/

2ETA: This is from the Bates Family Blog.

Whitney was adopted into a family including 11 other siblings. Her parents, Johnny & Lydia Owens, live in Clinton, TN. Her father is a preacher and her mother is a hair stylist.

http://thebatesfamily.com/courtship-chronicle/

I'm going to go with she was adopted and her parents died when she was young and I was completely wrong earlier. My apologies. It must have been the abusive foster home that is getting mixed up with abusive parents. Either way, she had a pretty rough life there for a while and it really doesn't surprise me that she's trying to impress her in-laws with the skirts only crap. Hopefully she'll ditch that soon. Zach is already pulling away from ATI a bit and Alyssa is wearing pants and sleeveless shirts.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Alyssa opts out. Or at least if the filming of her birth is more "getting to the hospital, going into the room, talking heads, people in the waiting room, here's the baby!"

I would guess that Alyssa's birth wouldn't be filmed for the basic reason that she is not near the main family and UP probably doesn't have the budget to have a film crew camped out in Florida waiting for her to go into labor. With Whitney they were in the area filming the family anyway, so it was just an extension of the show. For Erin, it's a matter if they are extended to a second season or not. They have only listed seven episodes on the UP website for the show so far, but there are links for 13 episodes (101-106 and 107-113, if there truly are that many - it's not listed on IMDb at all and only up to Episode 7 on Wikipedia as well).

I think one advantage their show has is it actually has managed to keep some family surprises under wraps where they have people waiting to see what will be revealed next. Where the Duggars are concerned, by the time the episodes air, everything is long since old news, even though people watch to see things like Jill's and Jessa's courtship and weddings and (eventually) Jill's upcoming birth.

Her parents were abusive. She moved in with a family who adopted her, but its not confirmed if the adoption was legal or just in essence. The adopted family's daughter was killed in a car crash and I believe she was friends with Whit and that's how they knew her.

That being said, :shock: Holy fuck! Her biological parents were there?!?!?! I was under the impression she was no longer in contact with them???

ETA: The above is what I remember reading and another poster in another thread not too long ago (or maybe even earlier in this thread) seemed to confirmed that. But I'm now reading this on the internet. I'm not sure which is correct, but it's worth noting that this is also out there:

Whitney's background:

Born Whitney Perkins, her parents died in an auto accident when she was about 12. She bounced around foster care for a couple of years. I read an account of a very negative experience she had with a foster family when she was 14. She was legally adopted by the Owens family when she was 16. Father Owens is a "preacher" (not a minister or pastor, which to me indicates he doesn't have seminary education, much like Gil Bates). She was a pants-wearing, Sonic-working, medical-billing student when she hooked up with Zach.

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/19869 ... he-carhop/

2ETA: This is from the Bates Family Blog.

Whitney was adopted into a family including 11 other siblings. Her parents, Johnny & Lydia Owens, live in Clinton, TN. Her father is a preacher and her mother is a hair stylist.

http://thebatesfamily.com/courtship-chronicle/

I'm going to go with she was adopted and her parents died when she was young and I was completely wrong earlier. My apologies. It must have been the abusive foster home that is getting mixed up with abusive parents. Either way, she had a pretty rough life there for a while and it really doesn't surprise me that she's trying to impress her in-laws with the skirts only crap. Hopefully she'll ditch that soon. Zach is already pulling away from ATI a bit and Alyssa is wearing pants and sleeveless shirts.

That is all wrong. Her parents aren't dead, they were just on the show! They were not the Owens couple. The Owenseses were in Whits wedding pics as her parents and I follow them on Instagram. Whitney was talked about on a topix forum for lafolette where it was said she stole from a foster mom and was in foster care "after that beating her parents gave her." But that she had become Christian and was with the new family. It appears she reconciled with her bio parents. That woman was in Whits instsgram picture over christmas as well. I'll have to go back and see if these bio parents were even invited to the wedding.

They didn't film the birth per se - I don't think it was any different that just showing the family standing around, she pushed a bit, and then the baby was in her arms. It was more the family shots rather than all up in Whit's business. Nothing like when we had to see Anna birth the M-kids.

Pretty much this. Shots of Whitney pushing were only of her face. No baby until he was on her chest. No business seen. The most seen was a knee :shock:

Here is the bio dad, J.C. Perkins

facebook.com/jcp7777

Whitney pre-Bates, 2011:

391539_181296395289220_2135735852_n.jpg?oh=7412c69f8ac7e5d8d1860029e811b24a&oe=558B0E0D&__gda__=1435789444_a7271d8e56a497c72844833b55ff0394

Whitney last Feb:

1900166_603452436406945_1804668115_n.jpg?oh=505a898a03f65018ec5bef974f004948&oe=558DCD3A

Nothing in between 2011-2014. No mention of the wedding. A few pics of her when she was younger.

Zach is friends with him, but he wasn't before. I know because I looked through his Perkins friends before and I would have caught it.

We've got a 2010 $51,000 federal tax lien against him and his wife, Lynn

knoxnews.com/business/knox-county-liens-june-21

Google didn't show me any arrest records for assault or anything.

Here is the original topix where it says her parents abused her

topix.com/forum/city/la-follette-tn/TGS12KQK4OSCOADVQ

It's her. The person defending her is related to her adopted parents. Note: it also says she is doing great with her adopted parents, after not getting "the love or help she deserves" from her foster mom AND her bio parents.

For reference, this is the adopted dad, Johnny Owens, who gave her away:

4th picture down

elizabethzellonphotography.com/tag/kiss/

Could you PM me too, please? :D

And me too please? :worship: (I'm studying for my exams, so I reeeaaally need something to snark on :wink-kitty:)

And me too please? :worship: (I'm studying for my exams, so I reeeaaally need something to snark on :wink-kitty:)

ahoy mateys! ive looked a BIT through the type of channels i believe huggle monster is describing, and am not finding any gil or kelly or erin or zach or TORi or any of the otheRs. but thEN, There's various different versions of this online.

could the mods please clarify if the these types of links are allowed to go on FJ? it'd be great to know.

Alyssa Webster also doesn't need that kind of money the tv channel would offer to broadcast her while giving birth. And I hope that the superhusband of Erin's will spare her dignity as well, if not for financial reasons, then just because f*** no to tv births, that's why.

Hold the phone.

Whit's Dad

whit_zpsjlymmutu.jpg

Is Jim O'Heir (Terry, Jerry) from Parks and Recreation?

joh_zps4ujynruv.jpg

:pink-shock: :lol:

Freaking yes. Typical... Anyway, as to the gossips about Whitneys troubled past as a teenager, people just should STFU and let her be happy already. I don't care if she stole something as a teenager or not, people who air gossip about her when she had it probably the worst, are pathetic and nasty. It tells more about them than it does about Whitney. I'm happy that after a shitty childhood, she is living in a stable family now, has a child and her husband adores her.

:o :o :o How dare you ruin Thomas the Train!!! :o :o :o

Seriously though - that's awesome .. I just hope I can watch Thomas the same way after this.

:text-imsorry:

Thomas was on TV when I read Boogalou's request and the words just came to me. :embarrassed:

Back to your regularly scheduled Bates family snark now.

ahoy mateys! ive looked a BIT through the type of channels i believe huggle monster is describing, and am not finding any gil or kelly or erin or zach or TORi or any of the otheRs. but thEN, There's various different versions of this online.

could the mods please clarify if the these types of links are allowed to go on FJ? it'd be great to know.

... I don't know. I have posted about it in the mod forum to see if we have a rule or anything in place. In the meantime it's probably best to keep it to PMs.

In the future if you want a faster response from the mods/admins you can report a message (even if it doesn't break any rules) just to bring it to our attention. Reported messages are highlighted in red so we know to go read it. This is faster and we will see it instead of someone just happening on a thread. :)

I like sonic working, pants wearing Whitney and hope she can be a positive influence on Zach !

Hope Kelly is not a judgmental bitch and makes Whitney feel "less than" or that she has to conform to asinine Gothard standards.

I am real happy that Whit & Zach had a beautiful healthy baby.. If Whit had had miscarried , I am sure it would have been seen as judgment.

Good on Zach for marrying outside of what would be considered "fundie royalty"

To Whit, you do not have to conform to your MIL standards to be Christian wife. Be Yourself !

It is so funny her real parents appear as soon as she is on TV.

To be fair, the photo NotALoserLikeYou found is from February 2014. So they seem to have rekindled their relationship before the Bates' show entered the picture. (Not that I know the first thing about the relationship between Whitney and her bio parents. I just think it's unlikely the bio parents could have possibly known about the show a year ago if they weren't in contact with her.)

And me too please, I'm dying to know what is going on!!!!

It is so funny her real parents appear as soon as she is on TV.

Somebody's looking for a handout. If that's the case, then her bio-dad needs to keep in mind that the Bateses are grifters too.

Freaking yes. Typical... Anyway, as to the gossips about Whitneys troubled past as a teenager, people just should STFU and let her be happy already. I don't care if she stole something as a teenager or not, people who air gossip about her when she had it probably the worst, are pathetic and nasty. It tells more about them than it does about Whitney. I'm happy that after a shitty childhood, she is living in a stable family now, has a child and her husband adores her.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't understand why people are trying to drag up any dirt they can find on Whitney and her parents ? Why dredge up up tax liens? Why on earth would anyone use some random TOpix gossip thread as " proof" of anything?

There's another thread on FJ about a horribly abusive mother who is currently making her young adult daughter's life miserable. People are digging through old records and blog posts in order to help the young woman - who has gone public --and expose the mother. That makes sense. There is a legitimate REASON to rummage through information.

But what is the reason to dig up information about a happily married young woman who seems to have a relationship with both her biological and adoptive parents ? The family she grew up with obviously had some issues if she was removed and placed in foster care. That was years ago. I don't get the point of posting their tax liens and all of this.

Somebody's looking for a handout. If that's the case, then her bio-dad needs to keep in mind that the Bateses are grifters too.

Two grifters. They should challenge each other to a grift-off.

Archived