IGNORED

Stanley family - Fundies have children removed

NotALoserLikeYou

Who wouldn't rather be at school than stuck at home with your super strict paranoid parents getting indoctrinated rather than educated and beaten if you act wrong? I don't know what's going on in this family but the fact that teenagers are still being 'spanked' and the parents are apparently proud of that fact is a huge red flag. Another big red flag for me is that they're publically blaming and shaming their teenage children. There's no question these parents have issues.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I've missed it but wasn't the court date yesterday? Any outcome that is known?

Personally I doubt any teen really wants to go to high school, although if you've never been maybe you think you do want to go.

I can see where the teens want out from under the parent's thumb, perhaps. If they really called CPS so they could go to school, perhaps they did not think through all the implications, like they would be taken from their home but also their younger siblings would be removed, although it seems odd that all the kids would be removed for educational neglect.

Will be interesting to find out eventually what this was really all about.

Who is Michael Savage?

I loved HS. All my friends loved HS. Yes there were days I didn't want to go but there are days I don't want to go to work too. All my current HS babysitters for my young kids love (or at least like) HS. They wish it started a little later in the day (we start at 8 and kids riding the bus get on between 7 and 7:30) but they love or like school.

as for the court date - on the f/b page it says it was to resume again at 9 this morning.

I hated high school, but I still wanted to get my education. I mean in most ways I absolutely hated it and if I could have skipped straight to university I would have in a heartbeat - but given a choice between what it sounds like these kids are dealing with at home, and going to a public high school, I would have begged and pleaded to go, too.

Does anyone know what the law in that state is regarding corporeal punishment?

It's kind of shocking to me when I read the degree of " discipline" allowed in some states - including it being a-ok for school administrators to hit kids with boards and leave bruises :shock: :evil: . Or that apparently the methods the Pearls advise are somehow legal!

So would this kind of thing be permissible? Or something that's not allowed but generally still accepted? Or way out of bounds for their area?

The sheriff issued a press release yesterday:

"Although I cannot comment further as this is an ongoing investigation involving minor children, this case may lead to criminal arrests and charges being filed. It was the opinion of onsite investigators with the Garland County Sheriff’s Department and Arkansas State Police the children were at risk of serious harm and the decision was made to remove the minor children from the home pursuant to the Arkansas Child Maltreatment Act, 12-18-1001. "

(Source:http://hotspringsherald.com/local-news/fight-continues-for-a-garland-county-family-ripped-apart/)

They also said:

"Upon arrival, and after an extensive on site investigation, it was determined by investigators the minor children living at the residence were at risk of serious harm due to a number of different factors. There have been a number of reports in various media outlets the decision was made to remove the minor children from the residence based on one contributing factor of a chemical known as “MMS†or “Miracle Mineral Supplement.†This is absolutely false, as there were a number of different factors and investigators felt they had no choice but to intervene in the best interest of the minor children."

Obviously, it sounds like the authorities have information they are not releasing. I wonder how the court session will play out today? I really hope this works out in the best interest of the children.

Edited to add: Perhaps " discipline" is one of the factors that placed the children "at risk of serious harm" ?

The case ran 3 1/2 hours long yesterday and had to be rescheduled for 9am

Here is a comment from the eldest son (he is currently out of the house, goes to college) He psoted this in the comments ofthis post.

My greatest sympathy goes out to my parents in this. I am as bothered by anyone at the sudden and unwarned removal of my siblings, and by the lack of communication with both me and my family afterwards by the departments responsible. However, please don't assume you know the whole situation from the content on the internet right now. It upsets me how rash and close-minded some of the comments and reactions to this story are, and how carried away some have been without knowing many real contextual details. This is undoubtedly a cruel situation-- however, DHS was contacted with more allegations than MMS to raise their concern. I'm annoyed by both sides using MMS as the only reason for these events to unfold. From what I have seen, there was a confused mixture of exaggeration/lies and truths in the reports. My parents and the legal agencies involved have a right to privacy in these matters while they are being investigated. Everything could be found to be falsely grounded, or real concerns may be discovered. I live on my own and have my own opinions on the matter, but I would like to have some privacy as well, as I am really not ready to be a character in this story and have a busy enough life keeping up with work and school. I know everyone here is really trying to help my family, but please try to be respectful and balanced in making contact with officials and commenting about the story, or you may end up hurting my parents' case, when it comes to court. Demeanor and maturity will mean a lot then.

Thanks!

Chris, oldest son.

Edit because Holy Shit look at what this other person wrote!

Why aren't people in your community arming themselves and marching down to that sheriff's station demanding all those kids be returned to their parents? This is something We the People need to start doing as a pushback from this unconstitutional militarization of the American police.

Can I translate the son's comment as "threatening public officials and generally acting like a paranoid violent wingnut will not improve my parents' odds of proving to the court and CPS that they are safe, conscientious and appropriate parents"?

Here is a comment from the eldest son (he is currently out of the house, goes to college) He psoted this in the comments ofthis post.

My greatest sympathy goes out to my parents in this. I am as bothered by anyone at the sudden and unwarned removal of my siblings, and by the lack of communication with both me and my family afterwards by the departments responsible. However, please don't assume you know the whole situation from the content on the internet right now. It upsets me how rash and close-minded some of the comments and reactions to this story are, and how carried away some have been without knowing many real contextual details. This is undoubtedly a cruel situation-- however, DHS was contacted with more allegations than MMS to raise their concern. I'm annoyed by both sides using MMS as the only reason for these events to unfold. From what I have seen, there was a confused mixture of exaggeration/lies and truths in the reports. My parents and the legal agencies involved have a right to privacy in these matters while they are being investigated. Everything could be found to be falsely grounded, or real concerns may be discovered. I live on my own and have my own opinions on the matter, but I would like to have some privacy as well, as I am really not ready to be a character in this story and have a busy enough life keeping up with work and school. I know everyone here is really trying to help my family, but please try to be respectful and balanced in making contact with officials and commenting about the story, or you may end up hurting my parents' case, when it comes to court. Demeanor and maturity will mean a lot then.

Thanks!

Chris, oldest son.

Well, then , perhaps your parents should stop parading themselves in front of the media.

Jesus Christ, if that one commenter gets what he wants, we'll have another Cliven Bundy on our hands.

I am interested to know more about this older son. Is he in real college or fundy college? Does he work to afford living out of the house or do his parents take care of his bills? Just trying to see where he is coming from to see how to interpret his statement. He looks like his created a FB just to make this comment, so there is nothing there.

The second hearing should be over by now, right.

He looks like his created a FB just to make this comment, so there is nothing there.

if that account was just created, are we sure it's actually him?

The case ran 3 1/2 hours long yesterday and had to be rescheduled for 9am

Thanks!

Chris, oldest son.

Edit because Holy Shit look at what this other person wrote!

Why aren't people in your community arming themselves and marching down to that sheriff's station demanding all those kids be returned to their parents? This is something We the People need to start doing as a pushback from this unconstitutional militarization of the American police.

It's interesting that Chris started his profile on f/b on 1/19/15 at 1:06 pm. (bringthestanleykidshome f/b page was started on 1/16)

to the bold- those are interesting statements- they could mean my parents are innocent but in the entire paragraph he never once said my parents are innocent.

According to KARK 4 News the judge found "probable cause for DHS to keep custody of the children."

(Source: https://www.facebook.com/KARK4 , Josh Berry's Twitter)

is this the result of the hearing, or was it the original reason for taking them?

I guessed it would be more than MMS. It seems like every time there is a story where someone gets their kids taken into foster care for a tiny little reason, the real story comes out and it turns out that the parents conveniently forgot to mention a whole other pile of stuff that is of more concern.

Its never having small amounts of a somewhat dodgy alternative medicine, or homeschooling, or raising kids with Christian values, or giving a kid a swat on the butt with an open hand just this once.....its always that they were beating their kids, or the house was majorly unsafe, or the kids were homeschooled so badly that their teenagers cant read, or their kid nearly died because they didn't take them to the hospital.

Social workers are overworked, there are not enough foster homes willing to take on all of these children and not enough people looking to adopt (especially older kids, kids with special needs or kids who have suffered severe abuse and have behaviour issues relating to this), for children to be removed for tiny little things.

I believe it is the result of the hearing. http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/ ... VMD_Pwu3cg

ah, thank you, mrs. :) i can no has facebook on my work computer. :(

i wonder if this is the same judge who signed the warrant originally? i can't find anything on that. if it's a different judge, it's certainly telling that multiple social workers and two separate judges all agree that it's in the best interest of the children to not only be removed from the home but also to stay in dhs custody.

Why is it that God's Will is never what actually happens, but what people want to happen? If these kids go home, it was God's Will. If they don't go home, then Satan is Attacking.

Why is it that God's Will is never what actually happens, but what people want to happen? If these kids go home, it was God's Will. If they don't go home, then Satan is Attacking.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: great question!

The newest bringthestanleykidshome f/b post: "The Judge ruled that there is probable cause to temporarily keep children, There will be another hearing on Feb. 12th. No one is allowed to speak about what has happened in the court room. The Lawyer said he was not surprised. The prosecution had time to put their case together, the defense was given less than 24 hours. He said we now have time to get our case together. Hal and Michelle will have visitations with the children. Thank you all for your prayers and support."

At this point I am praying for the teachers & school district that now have 7 kids in their classrooms that have never been to school and who knows where they are academically. (The kids could be brilliant but could you image taking a creationism kid and plopping them in freshman biology in a public school :o ) Also whomever is taking care of the kids, I hope the best for them. I read one of the articles that all the kids are together (sorry can't find it now-maybe it was a f/b post). That is a lot of kids to take on at one time.

I am not surprised the court date is in 3 weeks, most dockets are pretty full (work for a court). I'm sure that date will cause an uproar on their f/b page. I wonder if the parents will adhere to the gag put on the proceedings, if they don't, it could cause them more problems.

edit to add that that facebook page (36 minutes old) already has 69 posts to it.

Those people are pissing me off. I should stop reading it. Or responding.

One person actually said they would not obey the gag order if it were them.

Everyone over there is going on about the government kidnapping kids to put up for adoption.

My daughters father makes a CPS call about once every three to six months when he is pissed off at me. I have been visited by them since my daughter was born and I was recovering from my C-Section. I had a brief glance of my daughter before I fell asleep. I barely remember seeing the social worker and the officer that was with her. IF the government wanted to kidnap kids to put up for adoption for the money, why in the world did they not take my daughter away from me, particularly when she was an infant and would have been adoptable? If the government is sooo interested in adopting out other peoples kids, why would they not take away my daughter when she was a newborn? A month old? Six months old? A year? Two? I assume that now at two she is still of an "adoptable" age. So if they are here every three to six months, and they want children to adopt out for money so bad, why don't they take my kid?

Those people are pissing me off. I should stop reading it. Or responding.

One person actually said they would not obey the gag order if it were them.

Everyone over there is going on about the government kidnapping kids to put up for adoption.

My daughters father makes a CPS call about once every three to six months when he is pissed off at me. I have been visited by them since my daughter was born and I was recovering from my C-Section. I had a brief glance of my daughter before I fell asleep. I barely remember seeing the social worker and the officer that was with her. IF the government wanted to kidnap kids to put up for adoption for the money, why in the world did they not take my daughter away from me, particularly when she was an infant and would have been adoptable? If the government is sooo interested in adopting out other peoples kids, why would they not take away my daughter when she was a newborn? A month old? Six months old? A year? Two? I assume that now at two she is still of an "adoptable" age. So if they are here every three to six months, and they want children to adopt out for money so bad, why don't they take my kid?

I'm sorry your ex keeps calling CPS. As you have seen, the social workers aren't out to collect babies/kids like baby snatchers. The commenters piss me off too. They are so paranoid! I see a couple people trying to keep up the good fight and say god's will maybe with the kids being taken away, maybe there is abuse, etc. I can't respond, I'll get super pissed and I need to play legos with my middle daughter when I get home from work and read my grad work when all are in bed and watch the very important "Big Bang Theory" and "Mom" :) I'm just going to keep watching it over there. I have seen their likes have increased today (likes doesn't mean everyone agrees with these people).

I don't get the fact some of these posters that are calling and harassing the law enforcement down in Arkansas don't even know the family! I am not going to harass an agency when I have no idea if this family is the new Branch Davidians or Hale family. These people think just because they are "good Christian homeschoolers" they must be great parents. :pull-hair:

Because a sibling group of seven, including two teenagers, is going to be in high demand among adoptive families. :roll:

Those poor kids. I hope they're in a good environment while this all plays out. This could be the thing that changes their lives for good.

Because a sibling group of seven, including two teenagers, is going to be in high demand among adoptive families. :roll:

Exactly! That "kidnapping for adoption" argument only makes any sense if we're talking about babies. I have adorable 10 and 12 year old siblings I'm recruiting for at the moment, and it is a struggle. Get real, commenters.

I find it intriguing that in the "press release" video the mother mentions that they used Total Transformations with their kids but couldn't stick with it because they could not afford the bribes. As far as I know total transformations is not at all religious. This makes me think they must have really really been having issues with behavior in the house, especially to reach out to a secular behavior management program.

This whole situation is crazy. I feel like I actually need to wear a tin foil hat when reading the support Facebook page. I feel so sad that some seem to be vilifying the teens.

I just watched the new interview with the adult son. He basically says people were genuinely concerned about the welfare of the kids. Also his parents could learn some things from this opportunity. In my opinion he came across as intelligent and worried about his siblings. I am not the best at paraphrasing, so you might want to watch the interview:http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/web-extra-theres-more-than-one-side-son-of-stanley/21953/Bx31OC_C3kSuX3jK2uw4wA .

Exactly! That "kidnapping for adoption" argument only makes any sense if we're talking about babies. I have adorable 10 and 12 year old siblings I'm recruiting for at the moment, and it is a struggle. Get real, commenters.

And not just babies -- healthy babies. Photolistings for kids available for foster care often include plenty of high medical needs infants, and later, toddlers.

Archived