IGNORED

Zach Bates

mollysmom

I remember him courting (or possibly even engaged to) some blonde girl that sang with her family. What ever happened with that?

It was Sarah Reith. She broke it off after a few months. Kelly Bates mentioned it on their website. It changed how they viewed courtship. They now call it "dating with a purpose." I think Zach was pretty devastated when it happened. I also think the family learned from the experience and they seem to allow each child to have some say in how the relationship is conducted concerning handholding, chaperones, etc.

It was Sarah Reith. She broke it off after a few months. Kelly Bates mentioned it on their website. It changed how they viewed courtship. They now call it "dating with a purpose." I think Zach was pretty devastated when it happened. I also think the family learned from the experience and they seem to allow each child to have some say in how the relationship is conducted concerning handholding, chaperones, etc.

wasn't this the courtship that was super strict, like not even hand holding? lack of any type of intimacy really stunts a relationship, and now fundies can see the results of denying that natural phase involved with getting to know another person. you don't have to have sex with someone, but holding their hand, full-frontal hugging, and even kissing helps develop the intimacy in two partners looking for a serious relationship. denial of these can result in the failure of a relationship, as evidenced by zach and sarah.

Oh! Ok. Yeah, I just realized that I never heard what happened.........thought it was hush hush.

Oh! Ok. Yeah, I just realized that I never heard what happened.........thought it was hush hush.

You may already know this by now but Zach eventually married someone else, Whitney Perkins, in Dec. 2013 and they just had a ridiculously cute baby boy in October 2014.

Archived