IGNORED

Duggars win: Fayetteville repeals equality ordinance

Rachel333

It's Lucie's Place, here is the link

http://www.luciesplace.org/

Apparently, young gay kids in Arkansas have a hard time finding shelters that will accept them. Many are run by bible-thumpers and will not accept kids rejected by their parents for being gay. And there are fewer shelters to being with, since Arkansas is so rural.

Apparently, something like 90% of the kids that go to this shelter report that their parents didn't want "sinners" under their roof. So the kids got the boot.

Even healthy, loved, confident teenagers seem so vulnerable to me. I can't imagine how vulnerable a rejected teen must be, how dangerous it must be for them to be alone in the world.

My heart is breaking reading this. I hate selfish parent s like this. Just because your kid didn't turn out the way you wanted them to. Go fuck yourself.

On a sad personal note, my daughter lost her friend because he was gay. He actually moved away because his father got another job. He attended a private christian school but then was homeschooled because his parents were ashamed of him. They asked him where did they go wrong with raising him. The boy was taunt so much he took his own life. And sorry I can't feel sorry for the parents now. They're now begging and crying to have their gay son back with them yet when he was alive disowned him and treated him like shit. It hit home to me because I really knew this kid and his family. My daughter was his best friend. Heck if his parents didnt want I would've took him in. To all the gays please know someone out there loves and accepts you the way you are.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it there needs to be a limit on how many kids a person can have. One child per family. Max two if you pay a fine. Over two jail time. Michelle wouldn't have 19 kids if her rights were taken away

Love to you and your sweet friend.

Thank you so much <3 I'm in a much better place :) It just infuriates me how people like Michelle Duggar castigate people they don't know. Yes, there are bad people out there of every stripe, but IMO there are so many more great people of every stripe.

Anyone see Josh's twitter post about this?

He said: "Thanks to all who helped w/the #Repeal119 campaign in Fayetteville, AR - supporting equality for ALL Fayetteville citizens!"

Um, equality for all? It appears Josh's dining table education strikes again. Apparently, Josh has no understanding of what equality for all the citizens of Fayetteville really means. What.an.idiot.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it, how stripping away the civil right protection of one group of people strengthens equality for everyone? Josh is a complete moran and an FRC tool.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it, how stripping away the civil right protection of one group of people strengthens equality for everyone? Josh is a complete moran and an FRC tool.

fundie logic at its finest, y'all

He said: "Thanks to all who helped w/the #Repeal119 campaign in Fayetteville, AR - supporting equality for ALL Fayetteville citizens!"

Um, equality for all? It appears Josh's dining table education strikes again. Apparently, Josh has no understanding of what equality for all the citizens of Fayetteville really means. What.an.idiot.

Equality for all in Josh's mind is his god-given RIGHT to tell others what to do and how to do it.

I can see where they think it is freedom because they think transgender men are pedophiles. But of course the duggers are the very definition of stupid they choose to be ignorant but they still force their ignorance on others. well the more they do the more people know what they really are they are in most news sources now.

I'm sure they also think it's about freedom because of the persistent misconception that the ordinance would force preachers to perform gay marriages. (Because every gay couple wants their wedding officiated by a homophobic preacher who is forced to be there, right?)

My heart is breaking reading this. I hate selfish parent s like this. Just because your kid didn't turn out the way you wanted them to. Go fuck yourself.

On a sad personal note, my daughter lost her friend because he was gay. He actually moved away because his father got another job. He attended a private christian school but then was homeschooled because his parents were ashamed of him. They asked him where did they go wrong with raising him. The boy was taunt so much he took his own life. And sorry I can't feel sorry for the parents now. They're now begging and crying to have their gay son back with them yet when he was alive disowned him and treated him like shit. It hit home to me because I really knew this kid and his family. My daughter was his best friend. Heck if his parents didnt want I would've took him in. To all the gays please know someone out there loves and accepts you the way you are.

Oh Toothfairy! I have tears in my eyes reading your post. Why are some people so cruel and heartless? Those parents destroyed not just their son's life but took away your daughter's good friend too. You, on the other hand, are a great mum and I wish this boy had known he could have come to you before it was too late. And hopefully his family will at least learn the lesson of why you should be kind to others from this tragic case, by the fact that their bigotry has made them lose someone they loved but were too blind and stupid to realise it at the time.

Seething. Absolutely seething.

I gotta be honest here - I enjoyed hate watching the Duggars. After shit like this, I just don't think I can anymore.

After all the fire Michelle came under for her robocall... it worked. This stinks. So the city of

Fayetteville spent $40K to repeal basic civil rights protection of a small group of people who want nothing more than equal rights. Most transgender folks are in fear for their own safety and if they want to be a gender they were not born as have a lot more important things going on in their heads than peeping at girls in locker rooms or public bathrooms.

It stinks so damn much. It's also just such a twisted, shitty way to treat trans people. Dehumanizing.

I want to tell the duggers ignorance and stupidity is not a virtue quit trying to prefect it. But we all know christians are the only ones with morals.

No, some Christians, (for example, me) have no morals because we are ELCA or Catholic or Episcopal. It's only the speshul snowflakes who have morals, don't you know. And if the Christian in question is gay, well then, they aren't really Christian, are they? And they obviously have no morals. But, I totally agree with the Duggars and the fact that only some have morals.

I had to reply to that. Are LGBT folks not humans in his opinion?

That's it there needs to be a limit on how many kids a person can have. One child per family. Max two if you pay a fine. Over two jail time. Michelle wouldn't have 19 kids if her rights were taken away

Michelle makes me feel that way too sometimes. Just to stop people like her from spreading such evil.

I had to reply to that. Are LGBT folks not humans in his opinion?

DING DING DING DING DING! we have a winner!

I read that in the Twitter feed as "19 and cunting" and thought, yep, what an appropriate descriptor. Someday soon, all these amoral assholes will find themselves on the wrong side of history. Enjoy the last gasp of your bigotry while you can.

Michelle is such a hateful woman. I hope this leads to the downfall of the Duggars, and it's fucking epic!

I doubt that it will (look at Duck Dynasty). I've always wonder if the fanaticism of some of their leg humpers could be a reason that Nutshell's family (especially her sister Evelyn) have never talked about losing their sister to a cult.

Equality for all in Josh's mind is his god-given RIGHT to tell others what to do and how to do it.

This.

This must be the most disgusting thing he has ever said and he has spewed a lot of hate. Top five at least. I have seen news organizations pick up on the repeal of the ordinance due to JB and Michelle, but I really want someone to rip him a new asshole. Absolutely vile.

This.

This must be the most disgusting thing he has ever said and he has spewed a lot of hate. Top five at least. I have seen news organizations pick up on the repeal of the ordinance due to JB and Michelle, but I really want someone to rip him a new asshole. Absolutely vile.

I agree. Josh is as vile as that Chickenetti he slams down.

I really want more media, in all forms, to start doing their job and actively exposing the Duggars for what they really stand for. I know a few outlets are doing stories, but not early enough for my liking. Most are focused on the marriages and pregnancies. Who gives a flying crap about a Duggar getting knocked up. That is like being surprised that water is wet. I care that they are using their fame, money, and influence to help discriminate against people. That is the real story here. So frustrating to see this family actively and openly doing what they do and still reap so many benefits. They need to be shut down.

Here's what I did. Some very nice person in Arkansas discovered that the Duggars had spent 10G to get this ordinance defeated. So he set out to raise 10G for a struggling shelter supporting gay and lesbian youth in Arkansas. I donated $20. Apparently they raised over $25,000 for this shelter, which I will name here if I am allowed to. It's easy to find online if I am not.

Curious, is it OK to name the shelter?

Anytime the Duggars do something evil like this I am planning to donate money to counterbalance it.

Go one better, everyone make a Christmas donation to their local LGBT charity, LGBT shelter, Pride Centre or similar in the Duggars name, ask the acknowledgement to be sent to their address.

Go one better, everyone make a Christmas donation to their local LGBT charity, LGBT shelter, Pride Centre or similar in the Duggars name, ask the acknowledgement to be sent to their address.

I love the idea, I donate in my brother and sister in law's names to causes that offend them (such as AIDS Walk Delaware or UNICEF).

These asshats finally won something they've been pushing for? argh:( (like times a thousand)

Equality for ALL Josh??? What. The. Fuck?

I am FLABBERGASTED.

I did however just finish giving to Lamba Legal Defense Fund in a friend & his husband's name for the holidays.

Back to shaking my head & pretending to clean the house.

Archived