IGNORED

Duggars win: Fayetteville repeals equality ordinance

Rachel333

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad. Any chance someone will take legal action? I sure hope so.

After all the fire Michelle came under for her robocall... it worked. This stinks. So the city of

Fayetteville spent $40K to repeal basic civil rights protection of a small group of people who want nothing more than equal rights. Most transgender folks are in fear for their own safety and if they want to be a gender they were not born as have a lot more important things going on in their heads than peeping at girls in locker rooms or public bathrooms.

i can't wait for the fb post exalting the "godly" leaders (who just bowed to bigoted pressure) for "making the right choice" (because it aligns with their personal beliefs) and that "god should be praised" (for somehow concerning himself with one particular cause in one particular town because *they* prayed about it). god is good. oh, and prayer works, y'all.

gag me.

These people really tax my mantra of not hating others. They are horrible, and have never done a thing for anyone else. If they could publicly say "fuck Jesus!" they would, because they clearly agree with nothing he stood for. All they do is take, take, take from everyone even remotely willing to hold a dollar bill near them, and give them a pat on the back telling them it's for a good cause. :pull-hair:

They've never met a person (except perhaps the Maxwells) that they didn't instantly want to oppress. They truly get off on taking away people's rights and painting people they don't like as horrible criminals. :angry-banghead:

Michelle, Jesus is crying and they are not tears of happiness.

I'm imagining Jesus gearing up to trash the corruption in the temple again.

Ugh. People.

Reminds me of a quote by Stephen Colbert:

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.â€

Now just substitute "your neighbor" or "the downtrodden" for poor/needy (trans* people are certainly being targeted here) and that's how I feel about this whole damn thing. :angry-banghead:

I live in Fayetteville. It's been a rough four months. The fundie zealotry and ugliness has been off the charts. But the city council is getting together today, to regroup and rewrite another anti discrimination ordinance. Equality will prevail in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Michelle Duggar and others of her mindset will not win in the long run.

I married my beautiful wife Lisa during the brief window of opportunity afforded same sex marriage in this state. Couple number 5 in Washington County Arkansas. Love is Love!

Here's what I did. Some very nice person in Arkansas discovered that the Duggars had spent 10G to get this ordinance defeated. So he set out to raise 10G for a struggling shelter supporting gay and lesbian youth in Arkansas. I donated $20. Apparently they raised over $25,000 for this shelter, which I will name here if I am allowed to. It's easy to find online if I am not.

Curious, is it OK to name the shelter?

Anytime the Duggars do something evil like this I am planning to donate money to counterbalance it.

I married my beautiful wife Lisa during the brief window of opportunity afforded same sex marriage in this state. Couple number 5 in Washington County Arkansas. Love is Love!

Congratulations on your wedding! Here's to a long and happy marriage for you and Lisa!

:toast:

I hope the ACLU gets involved and gets this into the courts. I am sure that this will be another long fight, but it will be worth it. It is illegal to give a group of citizen legal protections and then vote them away from, that was basically the Supreme Court's take on Prop 8. And ironically one of "liberal activist" justices that struck down Prop 8 was Scalia. The Duggars crowing in triumph and insufferable smug glee manages to both suck and blow.

Here's what I did. Some very nice person in Arkansas discovered that the Duggars had spent 10G to get this ordinance defeated. So he set out to raise 10G for a struggling shelter supporting gay and lesbian youth in Arkansas. I donated $20. Apparently they raised over $25,000 for this shelter, which I will name here if I am allowed to. It's easy to find online if I am not.

Curious, is it OK to name the shelter?

Anytime the Duggars do something evil like this I am planning to donate money to counterbalance it.

I don't see why not. I bet lot of free jinger posters would donate too. It is heartbreaking to know there are so many homeless LGBT youth who were rejected by their holier than thou families.

Era

It's Lucie's Place, here is the link

http://www.luciesplace.org/

Apparently, young gay kids in Arkansas have a hard time finding shelters that will accept them. Many are run by bible-thumpers and will not accept kids rejected by their parents for being gay. And there are fewer shelters to being with, since Arkansas is so rural.

Apparently, something like 90% of the kids that go to this shelter report that their parents didn't want "sinners" under their roof. So the kids got the boot.

Even healthy, loved, confident teenagers seem so vulnerable to me. I can't imagine how vulnerable a rejected teen must be, how dangerous it must be for them to be alone in the world.

I want to tell the duggers ignorance and stupidity is not a virtue quit trying to prefect it. But we all know christians are the only ones with morals.

I'm going through some tough things.Suicide was a fleeting thought for me. I went to a restaurant that I go to occasionally, food and a happy hour martini. I ran into anotther regular , who Ive become friends with, who is a transgendered woman. We've talked a lot about our lives. She is amazing, and just talking made me feel better. I loathe Michelle Duggar for putting out such evil lies. Cunt.

If I'm reading this right, it's not just LGBT rights, but civil rights in general (race, sex, religion, etc.)? Is that true? I see the ACLU and SPLC having a field day with this.

I'm going through some tough things.Suicide was a fleeting thought for me. I went to a restaurant that I go to occasionally, food and a happy hour martini. I ran into anotther regular , who Ive become friends with, who is a transgendered woman. We've talked a lot about our lives. She is amazing, and just talking made me feel better. I loathe Michelle Duggar for putting out such evil lies. Cunt.

Love to you and your sweet friend.

Anyone see Josh's twitter post about this?

He said: "Thanks to all who helped w/the #Repeal119 campaign in Fayetteville, AR - supporting equality for ALL Fayetteville citizens!"

Um, equality for all? It appears Josh's dining table education strikes again. Apparently, Josh has no understanding of what equality for all the citizens of Fayetteville really means. What.an.idiot.

Reminds me of a quote by Stephen Colbert:

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.â€

Now just substitute "your neighbor" or "the downtrodden" for poor/needy (trans* people are certainly being targeted here) and that's how I feel about this whole damn thing. :angry-banghead:

amen. I love this

Archived