IGNORED

Hobby lobby Class gets shot down.

doggie

About time this got shot down there was no way Hobby lobby could not preach while doing a class.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/26 ... ble-class/

The Mustang public school system in Oklahoma has decided to cancel its plans to conduct a bible course created by Hobby Lobby President, Steve Green. The class was approved last April by the school board as an elective class. The Freedom From Religion Foundation’s Staff Attorney, Andre Seidel, wrote a letter to the Oklahoma school district urging them to not approve the class due to a lack of objectivity in the curriculum.

“I am amazed that any school district would think this is appropriate for public schools,†Seidel said in a press statement. “This just confirms the suspicions we had about the class last year. Clearly, Hobby Lobby and the Greens are trying to convert children to their particular brand of Christianity. There is nothing scholarly, fair or balanced about the curriculum.â€

“In summary, the topic of a Bible course in the Mustang School District is no longer a discussion item nor is there a plan to provide such a course in the foreseeable future,†wrote Superintendent Sean McDaniel wrote in an emailed response to the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

The content found in the curriculum was heavily biased towards a Christian worldview. The main textbook entitled, “The Book: The Bible’s History, Narrative and Impact.†describes the God of the Abrahamic religions as a factual entity that exists only in the context of positive Christian beliefs associated with the concept. The Bible was presented as a completely factual account of history.

Hobby Lobby was on my last nerve months ago. This just adds a new layer of cement to the long-dried slab of my opinion. I am proud to say that I have not shopped there once since the SCOTUS ruling, and I do not plan to ever again. I even got my brother to boycott them. :lol:

It makes my blood boil when I drive by and see women shopping there. Why would you support a cause that not only doesn't support you, but actively oppresses you? Sorry, I just have no patience for this hate group masquerading as a business.

Instead of spending his time writing a brainwashing curriculum, maybe Steve Green should think about opening a living-wage factory in the US so that poor overseas workers aren't forced to accept low wages so he can sell cheap imported crap at a discount.

Being like Jesus by caring for the poor much, Mr. Green?

Bet he could even get some pretty sweet tax breaks from a county government for the factory location.

I have never set foot in Hobby Lobby and I don't ever plan on doing so.

Well then he may have to fight about birth control again. But he needs the money for the Bible museum

That's true. He needs his Hobby Lobby customers to be able to afford Bible Museum admission. Can't afford to raise his merchandise prices to pay his suppliers fairly.

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/hobby-lobbys-steve-green-has-big-plans-for-his-bible-museum-in-washington/2014/09/11/52e20444-1410-11e4-8936-26932bcfd6ed_story.html

I have never set foot in Hobby Lobby and I don't ever plan on doing so.

I've been in 1 Hobby Lobby, and bought nothing. Lots of really cheap junk that's higher than JoAnn's coupon-pricing. There are always JoAnn coupons for craft stuff. I don't see the hype. I think that's all it is, just hype. People think it must cost less, and then don't bother looking to see if that's true.

I liked hobby lobby because they had more variety Han michaels. We didn't have a Joanne's in the area, but now that we do they still don't seem to have the variety. Oh well. I already decided I wasn't going to deal with hobby lobby after that nonsense.

I liked hobby lobby because they had more variety Han michaels. We didn't have a Joanne's in the area, but now that we do they still don't seem to have the variety. Oh well. I already decided I wasn't going to deal with hobby lobby after that nonsense.

Hobby Lobby has a good variety of schlock merchandise. JoAnn beats them hands down as far as actual crafting stuff though: better variety of yarn and needles/hooks, really great fabric selection, good sewing machines, etc. HL fabric selection seems really geared towards the home sewing of frumpers.

It must depend on the area. Up where my parents love Joanne's has very little yarn, but I went Ito one here yesterday and was like... This is so much bigger. So I think it might depend on where you live as well.

Instead of spending his time writing a brainwashing curriculum, maybe Steve Green should think about opening a living-wage factory in the US so that poor overseas workers aren't forced to accept low wages so he can sell cheap imported crap at a discount.

Being like Jesus by caring for the poor much, Mr. Green?

Bet he could even get some pretty sweet tax breaks from a county government for the factory location.

That will never happen, because something like that would be too Christlike for Mr. Green.

HL is the only place that stocks my preferred brand of crochet hooks locally, but now I order them online, because I don't want to give such a crap company my money.

I'm going to Michael's this afternoon to buy some soapmaking supplies and other crafty shit. Hobby Lobby can fuck itself. Besides, I have a 50% off Michael's coupon because I'm a total baller.

HL is the only place that stocks my preferred brand of crochet hooks locally, but now I order them online, because I don't want to give such a crap company my money.
Ebay is a great place to get discount craft supplies. I've even ordered from a Canadian store through ebay and been happy with the shipping/speed.

Dear Hobby Lobby and Steve Green:

Because of your goddamned court case, a FLDS man was able to get out of questioning for child labor law violations.

http://fox13now.com/2014/11/24/judge-wo ... by-ruling/]

I will NEVER NEVER NEVER step into your store. Thankfully I have two local yarn shops, three Joann's and I can spin my own wool.

Kiss my wide fundament, you fundamentalist.

Hobby Lobby has a good variety of schlock merchandise. JoAnn beats them hands down as far as actual crafting stuff though: better variety of yarn and needles/hooks, really great fabric selection, good sewing machines, etc. HL fabric selection seems really geared towards the home sewing of frumpers.

Yeah, HL does have a lot of just junk merchandise. Their fabric selection is meh and have never bought fabric there. For such a large store, their actual craft supplies are on par with the local Johann's which is a lot smaller. And there's more at Michael's.

I prefer the small craft store here in Tiny Town. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Archived