IGNORED

I want to marry into the Duggar family

jchelleslastegg

John David seems desperate as hell and i'd love to be able to see behind the scenes of this family if only I was fundie :lol: would you marry into the Duggar family?

That depends, does the person I'm marrying all of a sudden believe the same things I do? Do I get to free them and show them a good time? Do I get to tell my in-laws how awful they are to their faces? :lol:

Only if my husband agreed to get the hell out of there, and never look back. I'd move to another country if I had to.

ooooh!!!! New TLC show!!! BREAKING DUGGAR!!!!

I would marry Josiah. He'd probably be willing to go fundie-lite and I don't see Jim Bob controlling his daughters-in-law as much as his sons-in-law. He never really seems to try to control Anna. I could probably tolerate the kids, but maybe not Michelle.

If I wasn't married sure why not. I have this twisted sense of humor. It would be fun to see how long it took for me to give Jim or Michelle a stroke.

No, just no. My kids will never marry a Duggar either. I can't stand JimChelle and their views and beliefs. I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Now if I were a therapist I would offer to give them help free of charge.

No, never. I could never depend on my Duggar spouse to let me go fundie lite or mainstream, and I wouldn't want to be stuck as a hardcore fundie for the rest of my life with 15-20 kids. It's that simple. I only want 1-3 kids. 2 is if I don't mind the first one and think I can do it again, and 3 is if I've gone mental. Anything more is a no go. Plus, I have no interest in homeschooling, especially not with a half-assed SOTDRT curriculum. A good education is at the top of my priority list for any future kids.

Nope, never. I don't deal well with with controlling, domineering types at the best of times, and the first time Jim Bob pulled any of his shit, I'd completely fly off the handle and tell him what I thought of him.

In the .000000000000001 percent chance I did choose to marry a Duggarling, I'd pick the one who was the most manageable and least likely to try and enforce standards of patriarchy (maybe Josiah?), and get us both the hell away from his crazy family.

I'd let siblings come and visit, but the second they made any mention of us being on the show or coming back into the Gothard fold would be the exact second they'd get booted out of my house on their butts.

Michelle and Jim Bob would never be welcome to drop by. I'd send them a detailed script describing what would and wouldn't be appropriate to talk about in my home, and I'd need a month's notice before they could visit. I'm not at all like this in real life, can you see why a Duggar marriage would be a bad idea for me? I'm never this defensive against family in reality. :lol:

As I'm a woman, God no. I value my personal autonomy, job, decision-making power etc. far too much.

If I'd been born a man... I admit I might be tempted to marry a Quiverful woman. (and a bit ashamed of that!). Think of it though - you get someone who's been raised to think they have to agree with you on everything, serve you in every way possible and that you're always right, even when you're wrong. Oh, and you're not even required to be a good breadwinner either - think Gil Bates, that Rodrigues waste of space etc - they have to make do with whatever little bacon you bring home and never ever criticise you for your incompetence. These are people who get coerced into taking it sweetly if their husband hits them or rapes them. I bet if you behave in a halfway decent manner to them they'll compare you to their fathers, brothers etc. and be so grateful to you for not hitting them, not demanding sex when they're not willing, not having quit your job to make them live in "godly" abject poverty etc. that they'd worship you even more strongly and more genuinely.

I think that's what is happening with the Duggars too, Stockholm syndrome. For all their faults Dimbulb, Derrick and Josh are not abusers and do bring some cash home. Hence how happy the womenfolk probably feel, and quite genuinely too, their fate in a patriarchal world could be so, so, so much worse and they know it.

As I'm a woman, God no. I value my personal autonomy, job, decision-making power etc. far too much.

If I'd been born a man... I admit I might be tempted to marry a Quiverful woman. (and a bit ashamed of that!). Think of it though - you get someone who's been raised to think they have to agree with you on everything, serve you in every way possible and that you're always right, even when you're wrong. Oh, and you're not even required to be a good breadwinner either - think Gil Bates, that Rodrigues waste of space etc - they have to make do with whatever little bacon you bring home and never ever criticise you for your incompetence. These are people who get coerced into taking it sweetly if their husband hits them or rapes them. I bet if you behave in a halfway decent manner to them they'll compare you to their fathers, brothers etc. and be so grateful to you for not hitting them, not demanding sex when they're not willing, not having quit your job to make them live in "godly" abject poverty etc. that they'd worship you even more strongly and more genuinely.

I think that's what is happening with the Duggars too, Stockholm syndrome. For all their faults Dimbulb, Derrick and Josh are not abusers and do bring some cash home. Hence how happy the womenfolk probably feel, and quite genuinely too, their fate in a patriarchal world could be so, so, so much worse and they know it.

Dude, what kind of man do you think you'd be? The vast majority of men don't want to hit or rape their wives, or want wives who will blindly worship them for NOT hitting and raping them. They don't want wives who think sex is scary and dirty, or wives who feel morally obligated to get pregnant again and again and again, who will not work, who will not dance or drink alcohol or watch TV or go out to see an R-rated movie. Most men don't want servants, they want partners. I think a non-fundie guy who married a fundie woman for the reasons you're suggesting would be 100 times sicker than a fundie guy who was raised that way and doesn't really know any better.

I have to admit, it would be intriguing to get a real inside look. But it would never ever be worth the horrors of having to marry into a fundie family. No thank you, it would be much better if we could somehow get a TLC crew member to spill be beans or some unedited footage of the show. Or someone to hide some cameras in the Duggars house. :stir-pot:

Dude, what kind of man do you think you'd be? The vast majority of men don't want to hit or rape their wives, or want wives who will blindly worship them for NOT hitting and raping them. They don't want wives who think sex is scary and dirty, or wives who feel morally obligated to get pregnant again and again and again, who will not work, who will not dance or drink alcohol or watch TV or go out to see an R-rated movie. Most men don't want servants, they want partners. I think a non-fundie guy who married a fundie woman for the reasons you're suggesting would be 100 times sicker than a fundie guy who was raised that way and doesn't really know any better.

I think what they meant is that life of a Fundie man is likely better than life of a fundie woman. I don't think this poster was saying they wanted to be Fundie man so they could be abusive. Just that there might be some perks that would come with the territory of being Male in a Patriarchal society.

How could that be tempting? You are a woman now. Does a husband who isn't allowed to have a thought of is own a partner you want? Who serves you 24/7 unless in the hospital, tells you you're always right instead of having conversations with you? Does it sound like fun being able to come home and beat or rape your husband because, if you are nice, he might compare you to his mommy, who probably beat him anyway? Who only "worship you even more strongly and more genuinely" out of gratitude for you not hurting them?

Do you want a real partner, or a slave to scared to do anything, but conditioned to think this is normal?

Archived