IGNORED

I feel bad for Joy Anna...

hockeymoo

This also seems to be an appropriate place to put this.

Rebel wife, I am also a 32E post reduction :)

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8Jk55ep4XUQ

Seconding this recommendation. I watched a similar video ages ago and went from the VS recommended 36B to a 32F, much like the lady in the video. Since I'm pretty averagely shaped, I would wager there are a LOT more F cup women in the world than Hollywood thinks - because, as she points out, cup size isn't independent of band size. Its astonishing how little known this basic information is. (I'm guessing the proper method is too intimate for staff to perform, but then why advertise fittings at all? Why not just have brochures with instructions handy, or something?)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seconding this recommendation. I watched a similar video ages ago and went from the VS recommended 36B to a 32F, much like the lady in the video. Since I'm pretty averagely shaped, I would wager there are a LOT more F cup women in the world than Hollywood thinks - because, as she points out, cup size isn't independent of band size. Its astonishing how little known this basic information is. (I'm guessing the proper method is too intimate for staff to perform, but then why advertise fittings at all? Why not just have brochures with instructions handy, or something?)

I wear between a 28GG and 32FF, depending on brand. I'm SO glad I live in the UK, where I can order these sizes online for £15-£30. It's still hard to find bras in department stores, unfortunately; last time I needed new ones it took at least a month of back-and-forth packages (thank FSM for free returns!) before I ended up with a few comfy bras.

I'm anti-body shaming anyone, male or female, on TV or not, teen or adult. Reading or hearing others make a judgement over something you may have NO CONTROL over can really put the mind fuck to you. It's how people end up with eating disorders. Hell, it doesn't even have to be about you but someone who you relate to body wise. It's not that I think the kids aren't snark worthy it's the fact that I think making a comment that someone is too fat or too skinny is a dangerous thing. You want to say "I really am concerned about her health after hearing that she eats ramen noodles for breakfast. It's nothing but sodium and carbs and that's not a healthy start to the day." I'm OK with that, that's something she can change. She may not be able to change the fact that she's a curvy girl.

Okay, full disclosure: When I was in HS some people (classmates, some of my aunts and other people) were always making comments about my weight in comparison to my sister's... my sister has been five feet tall since she was a freshman and rail-thin no matter what she eats. On the other hand, I'm taller and heavier-built, although I have never been overweight (at least according to my doctor).

I know that those comments would have affected me more if not for my parents, my doctor at my sports physicals and other checkups, and my sister herself. NONE of them made an issue of me not being as tiny as my sister...

Okay, now that I've exposed my dirty lens on the subject, I do agree with the premise that ramen noodles are hardly a healthful breakfast food, but at the same time I don't think that weight should be the main focus. And the bolded statement in the quote: nailed it.

ETA: on the original topic, yes, Boob and J'Chelle need to put up the money to get that poor girl a good bra- and get it properly fitted. This buxom girl went years without knowing what a good-fitting bra could do for you because I'd never had a fitting and neither had my mom. (After I got fitted, I told her about it and she went. I quote: "How did I not know about this before?!")

I totally agree with the importance of the right bra. I am usually fairly small but developed mammary mountains in pregnancy and learned the vital role of upholstery when nature has been generous in this area. I had to go to a christening shortly before I had the sense to get a proper fitting and the service included Psalm 23. I found new meaning in "my cup overfloweth" (high CofE so King James Version).

It disturbs me when young women start dieting who really don't need to lose weight. It can be dangerous to go on diets at their age with no medical supervision. My late MIL was bulimic because of all the crap with divorce long before I got with DH. She still thought she needed to diet. I hope if any of them read here tell them from me none of the young Duggar women are fat.

It disturbs me when young women start dieting who really don't need to lose weight. It can be dangerous to go on diets at their age with no medical supervision. My late MIL was bulimic because of all the crap with divorce long before I got with DH. She still thought she needed to diet. I hope if any of them read here tell them from me none of the young Duggar women are fat.

I am an example of what goes wrong when we diet as teenagers.

I was bulemic; I had my first heart attack when I was 17. Since then I have had a myriad of health problems to say the least.

I am just about to push 30 and sometimes I feel 70.

It makes me break inside women and girls feel they need to conform to a standard. One that is false none the less! We do NOT owe anyone anything because we occupy a space marked "female".

Archived