IGNORED

Jana feuding with her sisters?

DGayle

Perhaps with a mainstream audience and show, but seriously, how many people are tuning into the Duggars to watch a show associated with sex? The results of unprotected sex....?

I think there are 2 main groups of people watching: other conservative, wholesome religious folks- they're not watching for the sexy scenes. and 2, those watching for the train wreck aspect.

Sorry, I didn't mean people are watching because they hope to see some sexual content. It's " sex" selling in the sense that people like to speculate about people's sex lives. Obviously. Look at us here. They especially are interested in hearing about anything out of the ordinary, and courtship definitely falls into that category. And in particular they want to hear about the love life's of extremely attractive young people. It's a big draw whether it's watching the Kardashian's or the Duggar's.

I don't know that I agree that it's just the extremes of conservative Christians or snarkers who follow the show. I think a lot of their audience is just regular people who also zone out watching Real Housewives or Teen Mom.

I don't personally believe one can follow the teachings of Christianity, with genuinely good intention, UNLESS (among other reasons) he/she is concerned about how their actions impact others (which, according to Christ, would include the choices of humility, selflessness, gratitude, etc.)

This! QFT!

Trust me, Duggars and purity talk aren't selling sex. Someone at TLC/Discovery has a soft spot for fundies. This show should have died after the first special. I smell a political angle.

Trust me, Duggars and purity talk aren't selling sex. Someone at TLC/Discovery has a soft spot for fundies. This show should have died after the first special. I smell a political angle.

Totally agree.

Archived