IGNORED

Ebola? No worries. Just use essential oils!

dairyfreelife

We use EO's for my son with autism. They do help in terms of calming his system so he doesn't hum all.the.friggin.time.

HOWEVER, I noticed a trend very early on when i began using them. They cure EVERYTHING! Didn't ya know? These people in these closed FB groups claim everything from cancer to now Ebola to even autism. (while our son is close to losing a diagnosis, it is NOT from EO's, it's from treating underlying health problems with an actual doctor. The EO's just help in one small area) It's beyond out of control. And a shame, because they can and do help with certain stuff. What drives me nuts is the false claims that only the brand THEY use works. Tell ya what, i bought a bottle of expensive oil, and replaced it with a cheaper bottle. They both smell and work the same. It's crazy how out of control people get. It's the new handbag. (that was the thing for a couple of years, selling handbags.)

(Some oils CAN help with the side effects of cancer TREATMENTS though. Like lavender or frankincense on burns sores, etc. And that's where the sad part lies. They market it as oils can treat it, when it could be very good compliments to treatment. But it's all about money in the end. They recently came out with a multi hundred dollar "autism" kit. It made me so angry, because if it really works, the last thing a family with a child with autism can afford in this country is a few hundred dollar essential oil kit.)

Essential Oils can't cure everything, only Cannibis can cure everything :D .

Seriously though, while it doesn't cure everything, I've known a lot of people who have some pretty remarkable success with using various cannabis products for treatment of a wide variety of health problems, either in addition to, or instead of, pharmaceuticals.

I have not, however, seen any claims that it will cure or prevent Ebola, or any other virus. But of course, neither will antibiotics. And, shockingly, the hospital that turned away the Ebola patient did think his problem was a virus ( just not Ebola) and gave him completely useless antibiotics and sent him home.

We use EO's for my son with autism. They do help in terms of calming his system so he doesn't hum all.the.friggin.time.

HOWEVER, I noticed a trend very early on when i began using them. They cure EVERYTHING! Didn't ya know? These people in these closed FB groups claim everything from cancer to now Ebola to even autism. (while our son is close to losing a diagnosis, it is NOT from EO's, it's from treating underlying health problems with an actual doctor. The EO's just help in one small area) It's beyond out of control. And a shame, because they can and do help with certain stuff. What drives me nuts is the false claims that only the brand THEY use works. Tell ya what, i bought a bottle of expensive oil, and replaced it with a cheaper bottle. They both smell and work the same. It's crazy how out of control people get. It's the new handbag. (that was the thing for a couple of years, selling handbags.)

(Some oils CAN help with the side effects of cancer TREATMENTS though. Like lavender or frankincense on burns sores, etc. And that's where the sad part lies. They market it as oils can treat it, when it could be very good compliments to treatment. But it's all about money in the end. They recently came out with a multi hundred dollar "autism" kit. It made me so angry, because if it really works, the last thing a family with a child with autism can afford in this country is a few hundred dollar essential oil kit.)

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
do you mean miche bags? my MIL gave me one... except that the magnetic cover part came off at a restaurant. Not exactly a good experience. :lol:

If they really think their oils can cure ebola, I'd like to see them go line up to be purposefully infected. I hear the line is short! Show us the oils work, and they'll be billionaires overnight.

Or volunteer to help out in Liberia. Since they won't need protective gear, they'll save the WHO money.

Essential Oils can't cure everything, only Cannibis can cure everything :D .

Blasphemy! Coconut oil can cure all diseases AND save your marriage!

One of my facebook friends announced she is now selling doTerra. I'm considering linking to an article about the FDA's crackdown at the risk of getting blocked.

Exsqueeze me, but are any of them suffering from Ebola? No? There's your proof.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

:lol: Ah, a vaudeville classic.

Or, if you prefer the Simpsons:

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That’s specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn’t work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It’s just a stupid rock.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: But I don’t see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]

http://seekcartoon.com/watch/26213-the- ... EayncnjlRc

A colleague just pointed out that, as an American, I am four times more likely to marry Rush Limbaugh than I am to die of Ebola. Now, that's something to lose sleep over!

A colleague just pointed out that, as an American, I am four times more likely to marry Rush Limbaugh than I am to die of Ebola. Now, that's something to lose sleep over!

I have heard the same, but with Kim Kardashian. Theres an image going round pointing out that more Americans have married her than died of ebola.

EEEEEEK! Will essential oils protect us from marrying Rush Limbaugh? If so, pass 'em over!

(we need an "anointing with oil" smiley)

I had a co-worker today mention being scared of Ebola because she is going to a big international-traffic US city. She was actually wearing an immune-boosting essential oil. ( :roll: ... but it did smell like a delicious autumnal dessert!)

Anyway, I was able to help ease her fear by telling her how Ebola actually spreads-- only when the person is symptomatic and only through bodily fluids. She was worried because it can incubate for up to three weeks, so someone apparently told her that (and seemingly implied she should worry about it) without telling her that the person is not contagious during that incubation period. I felt really bad for her because she is a really sweet woman who had been completely misinformed by someone's scare tactics.

I had a co-worker today mention being scared of Ebola because she is going to a big international-traffic US city. She was actually wearing an immune-boosting essential oil. ( :roll: ... but it did smell like a delicious autumnal dessert!)

Anyway, I was able to help ease her fear by telling her how Ebola actually spreads-- only when the person is symptomatic and only through bodily fluids. She was worried because it can incubate for up to three weeks, so someone apparently told her that (and seemingly implied she should worry about it) without telling her that the person is not contagious during that incubation period. I felt really bad for her because she is a really sweet woman who had been completely misinformed by someone's scare tactics.

She sounds a lot like Congress- completely misinformed by scare tactics

I have heard the same, but with Kim Kardashian. Theres an image going round pointing out that more Americans have married her than died of ebola.

I saw the one with Taylor Swift - more guys have dumped her than Americans dead of (or infected by) Ebola. (I confess, I had to laugh.)

Hopefully finding out she was misinformed prompts her to look up facts on her own in the future. I've seen similar situation in people I know and with time, they learned to be more skeptical instead of automatically becoming fearful. It was definitely sad to see them worried for no reason in the meantime though :(

Hopefully finding out she was misinformed prompts her to look up facts on her own in the future. I've seen similar situation in people I know and with time, they learned to be more skeptical instead of automatically becoming fearful. It was definitely sad to see them worried for no reason in the meantime though :(

I also have a co-worker who is freaked out about Ebola, but he has an unspecified mental illness that he treats with healing crystals. He has refused to enter the bathrooms at work for fear of catching Ebola (he's a janitor- it's his job to clean them); he has decided that the genetic code of the Ebola virus is embedded in the magnetic strip on our credit cards, so you can catch it simply by using them :? ; AND he found the cure for Ebola- It's so simple anyone could have figured it out! :roll: The cure for Ebola is the nicotania plant- on further questioning we figured out he meant tobacco. :evil-eye: The entire staff is now on orders not to discuss Ebola in his hearing at all and to attempt to shut him down if he brings it up. He's a nice guy, although his theories (not just Ebola) are annoying but I keep wondering if he's going to get completely out of control and need a psych hold.

The cure for Ebola is the nicotania plant- on further questioning we figured out he meant tobacco. :evil-eye:

I actually may have some insight into this idea. The drug ZMapp (used to treat Ebola patients Dr. Kent Bratley and Nancy Writebol) is grown in the leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana, a relative of tobacco. So there's a weird grain of truth in that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... 63258.html

I actually may have some insight into this idea. The drug ZMapp (used to treat Ebola patients Dr. Kent Bratley and Nancy Writebol) is grown in the leaves of Nicotiana benthamiana, a relative of tobacco. So there's a weird grain of truth in that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... 63258.html

Ah, thanks for the info. It's easier to refute his theories if you actually know where the kernel of the idea came from.

The whackjob reiki practitioner/masseuse who used to rent space from my crazy ass sister-in-law is promoting olive leaf extract to prevent and cure ebola.

Meanwhile, SiL is teaching how to cure it with yoga. Of course. Because all things can be cured with yoga.

The whackjob reiki practitioner/masseuse who used to rent space from my crazy ass sister-in-law is promoting olive leaf extract to prevent and cure ebola.

Meanwhile, SiL is teaching how to cure it with yoga. Of course. Because all things can be cured with yoga.

Yoga seems like the last thing someone with ebola would want to do. I don't want to do any form of exercise when blood is gushing from one orifice, let alone all of them.

Yoga seems like the last thing someone with ebola would want to do. I don't want to do any form of exercise when blood is gushing from one orifice, let alone all of them.

Oh, but if you do enough yoga, you won't get ebola in the first place. So far, it is working. No one who comes to her yoga classes has ebola. :P

Seriously, she has informed us more than once that if you do enough yoga, you will never experience any illness whatsoever. Never. Ever. Except for the week last winter when she had to shut down the yoga studio because all three teachers had the flu. This occurred shortly after they ran the $75 for two hours "immunity boosting seminar" where they taught people how to boost immunity with yoga in order to never, ever experience illness.

My husband hopes very much that she knows she is scamming people because he doesn't want to live with the fact that his sister is this stupid.

Well, this guy thinks he has the answer -- and it's Biblical! :roll:

The Encyclopedia of Medical History declares, “The idea of contagion was foreign to the classic medical tradition and found no place in the voluminous Hippocratic writings. The Old Testament, however, is a rich source for contagionist (sic) sentiment, especially in regard to leprosy and venereal disease.†Maybe, just maybe we should use the Bible to control our personal lives, not because it is ancient but because it is accurate.

Moses instructed Jews that diseases such as leprosy were dangerous to everyone and such infected people were to “dwell alone without the camp.†Lev. 13:45 commands when an infected person came into the vicinity of others who were not infected, the infected person was to “cover his upper lip, and shall cry, ‘unclean! unclean!’†That was not unkind and saved thousands of innocent lives.

It is obvious that the covering of the upper lip was to keep the infected person from coughing, sneezing, or spitting on non-infected people. On Oct. 9, 2014, it was announced that researchers found that a patient showing no symptoms of the disease “can still transmit a virus like Ebola by air if droplets containing the virus are transmitted to another person by a sneeze or cough.†That is contrary to what major health officials have been saying.

It was 1873 that mankind finally realized that leprosy was infectious instead of hereditary but then, Moses and the Israelites knew about it 3,500 years earlier. If a Jew was suspected of being infected he was examined by a priest who confirmed whether or not he was. If so, then he was to be removed from the living area until he was healed. That meant quarantine and while it was unpleasant and uncomfortable, it was not unreasonable.

Wait -- they could cure leprosy back then? First I've heard. I think the ancient "quarantine" was permanent and pretty darned unpleasant, but maybe I've seen Ben Hur too many times.

U.S. and world health officials had better realize they are health officials not politicians dedicated to not making anyone angry. We must prohibit anyone to enter the U.S. who has been to any African nation unless they have been in quarantine 21 days. That also includes our southern border. People are entering our nation daily without any physical examination and no shots. Even animals have to have shots to enter and kids have to have vaccinations to go to school. You think maybe we could be a little stricter with the deadly Ebola virus? It is time to act now. If Ebola reaches a critical mass, it could become a medical tsunami that will burn itself out after killing millions of people.

Maybe Obama should sign an executive order forbidding the Ebola virus to enter the U.S.

Ancient Israel told us how to stop Ebola: confirm, contain, and confine the disease.

barbwire.com/2014/10/19/ebola-ancient-hebrews-answer-infectious-disease/

Rabbit-hole warning - this blog is a virulent, nasty POS, and may be irresistible for those who want a hate-read. The article after this one is praising the PP for speaking out against gay people.

And there is a mind-bogglingly offensive Obama/Ebola visual joke in the comments.

I saw "barb wire" and thought of this:

imdb.com/media/rm2693241856/tt0115624?ref_=tt_ov_i

My bad.

teatreeoilhq.com/post/why-ebola-should-scare-the-hell-out-of-you-and-what-you-can-do-to-protect-your-family/

Some real crazy with this one. The CDC doesn't know anything. Vaccines are worthless and won't help. The end is nigh. Get emergency kits ready and stock up on essential oils and colloidal silver because that will prevent you from getting sick. :cray-cray:

Great. So we'll have a bunch of aromatic smurfs hoarding all the canned goods and hiding out in their basements.

Sure, Ebola scares the hell out of me. So does Dengue Fever, AIDS, Tuberculosis, Smallpox and, after a rather terrifying lecture from my doctor, the plain old Flu. We should be scared of them. They're deadly. What we shouldn't be (as the general public) is terrified of contracting any of them (outside of the flu anyway). We need to educate ourselves, read a few books, medical articles, something other than the shock & awe headlines that pass for news these days, look around us, assess any real risk in our lives, and take sensible precautions. My son's friend was highly disappointed that these precautions don't include indefinite school closures...

Archived