IGNORED

Ebola? No worries. Just use essential oils!

dairyfreelife

teatreeoilhq.com/post/why-ebola-should-scare-the-hell-out-of-you-and-what-you-can-do-to-protect-your-family/

Some real crazy with this one. The CDC doesn't know anything. Vaccines are worthless and won't help. The end is nigh. Get emergency kits ready and stock up on essential oils and colloidal silver because that will prevent you from getting sick. :cray-cray:

The MLM essential oil scams are hitting so hard on the "EBOLA EBOLA OMG EBOLA" button that the FDA has actually issued public letters of warning to both doTerra and Young Living to cut it the fuck out.

It takes a lot for the FDA to tell you to cut that shit out.

I've ripped into a couple idiots (friends of friends) on FB in the last week for touting doterra for ebola. I swear it's become a brainwashed cult with these oil freaks.

Disclaimer: I flove tea tree and other oils for many things, I make homemade remedies like cough syrup, etc. But ffs anything remotely serious is why we have doctors and antibiotics and tamiflu. It's why people died in droves before modern medicine came along.

Disgusting that they prey on people who are scared, and frustrating that people believe them.

:pull-hair:

Wait a minute christians have been doing that since the beginning. what is new?

This bit from the article was significantly over the top:

"While our leaders assure us that everything is under control, one must ask themselves if they truly think they have our best interest in mind and are telling us the truth. I personally feel like they are only encouraging the spread of this virus and that they know we cannot handle the truth calmly, therefore the truth must be kept under wraps."

Back up... our leaders are "encouraging the spread of this virus"? How do you drop a statement like that and then proceed as if you had just asked someone to pass the salt? No follow up on that statement but a fast segue to the idea "we cannot handle the truth calmly". Well, no I suppose most governments that are attempting to kill off it's population would annouce that fact to the lab rats. So which is it, attempted genocide or the fear of mass panic becasue like Jack Nickelson we can't handle the truth?

The herbs, oils and plants she is suggesting are all average, run of the mill immune boosters. They would fall under the category of supportive care.

Ebola is a kind of hemorrhagic fever.... which is a broad umbrella for assorted plauges through history. One thing not mentioned is such fast mutating viral fevers while able to be horribly lethal to a number of people also burn themselves out fast. The black plauge was well known to ebb and flow around Europe. It would hit hard and fast then die out for a while. Otherwise Europe would have been one big ghost town many times over.

:disgust:

I don't trust the CDC but I also don't think that slapping on some oil can protect me from Ebola! :snooty: :roll:

I've ripped into a couple idiots (friends of friends) on FB in the last week for touting doterra for ebola. I swear it's become a brainwashed cult with these oil freaks.

Disclaimer: I flove tea tree and other oils for many things, I make homemade remedies like cough syrup, etc. But ffs anything remotely serious is why we have doctors and antibiotics and tamiflu. It's why people died in droves before modern medicine came along.

I have the most boring FB feed in the world! So do the aromas of the oil cure people, or the properties of the oils themselves?

Disgusting that they prey on people who are scared, and frustrating that people believe them.

:pull-hair:

Sadly, it works. Just look at the people who scream for a living on television and radio. Encouraging people to be angry, bitter, paranoid, and afraid can lead to a very large bank account. :(

I have the most boring FB feed in the world! So do the aromas of the oil cure people, or the properties of the oils themselves?

I never got past the walls of text to click on their provided links. Normally I don't argue against something without reading their side, but I felt confident enough going in blindly to tell them they're fools in this situation. :lol:

I just read a rather heated thread from some singer who used her oil diffuser on a plane. People are tools.
i saw that one this morning :lol: uh, yep, a tiny fan thing beside your leg is going to do a great job cleaning the air around your face.

Sadly, it works. Just look at the people who scream for a living on television and radio. Encouraging people to be angry, bitter, paranoid, and afraid can lead to a very large bank account. :(

so true.

My Facebook feed has some prime wtf about Ebola. "Logic" apparently means believing, at the same time:

1. Poor people are evil because they vote for Democrats.

2. Obama wants to spread Ebola and kill off all the poor people.

Something seems a little off about their math, here... what could it be... hmm.

Luckily, no one on my FB has been touting essential oils to cure ebola. My sister works with a woman who sells doterra. My sister bought a few kits last year. She gave one to my mother. My mother uses essential oils for homemade cleaning supplies. I've also gotten into making some of those cleaning supplies, but I buy essential oils from Amazon or a herb store near my home.

Thank goodness my company has a very strict no soliciting policy on company time or property. It seems like every member of my extended family is wrapped up in some sort of MLM. The fundie Baptist set is hawking makeup and skincare lines at every family event. Even my Pentecostal cousins all sell vitamins, diet shakes and candles.

Exsqueeze me, but are any of them suffering from Ebola? No? There's your proof.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

If they really think their oils can cure ebola, I'd like to see them go line up to be purposefully infected. I hear the line is short! Show us the oils work, and they'll be billionaires overnight.

We use EO's for my son with autism. They do help in terms of calming his system so he doesn't hum all.the.friggin.time.

HOWEVER, I noticed a trend very early on when i began using them. They cure EVERYTHING! Didn't ya know? These people in these closed FB groups claim everything from cancer to now Ebola to even autism. (while our son is close to losing a diagnosis, it is NOT from EO's, it's from treating underlying health problems with an actual doctor. The EO's just help in one small area) It's beyond out of control. And a shame, because they can and do help with certain stuff. What drives me nuts is the false claims that only the brand THEY use works. Tell ya what, i bought a bottle of expensive oil, and replaced it with a cheaper bottle. They both smell and work the same. It's crazy how out of control people get. It's the new handbag. (that was the thing for a couple of years, selling handbags.)

(Some oils CAN help with the side effects of cancer TREATMENTS though. Like lavender or frankincense on burns sores, etc. And that's where the sad part lies. They market it as oils can treat it, when it could be very good compliments to treatment. But it's all about money in the end. They recently came out with a multi hundred dollar "autism" kit. It made me so angry, because if it really works, the last thing a family with a child with autism can afford in this country is a few hundred dollar essential oil kit.)

For the record, I use Camden-Grey and Essential7 as my wholesale suppliers, but they also sell.smaller amounts (I'm figuring nobody here needs 16oz of lemongrass oil....) and I've found the quality and price to be excellent.

However, because Camden-Grey is used to dealing with professionals, they often ship in plastic bottles. Essentials will EAT THROUGH plastic, and even the ones that aren't as powerful still degrade the plastic. You should always keep essential oils in a cool, dry place in a dark (amber, or.other color) glass vial or jar.

Essentials can also be very caustic. Oregano, rose, lemon, and cinnamon can all give second degree burns if handled with bare skin, and cause serious issues if they get into a mucous membrane. On the whole, it's better to dilute the oil with almond oil, jojoba oil (not actually an oil, but a wax that is liquid at room temperature), or olive oil. Base oils do oxidize and go rancid, however. Make small batches, if you're making your own essential mixes.

Hey, I DID say I'm in the oil business. Just not the MLM part.

Archived