IGNORED

When not having all of your ducks in a row = starvation

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Spending money on stuff you can thinly relate to Jesus counts as "tithing" now? Excellent. I hereby open the FreeJinger Church of Caffeine, wherein believers shall worship the perfection of creation by consuming its greatest molecule. In vast, vast quantities. Looks like I get those $5 lattes after all, Ken.

Because seriously, I think that's less of a stretch than "supporting your own children" being tithing.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Spending money on stuff you can thinly relate to Jesus counts as "tithing" now? Excellent. I hereby open the FreeJinger Church of Caffeine, wherein believers shall worship the perfection of creation by consuming its greatest molecule. In vast, vast quantities. Looks like I get those $5 lattes after all, Ken.

Because seriously, I think that's less of a stretch than "supporting your own children" being tithing.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Mr. Jerkit and I consider the missionaries we support part of our "tithe." We consider that the global church and that our "tithe" (I put that in quotes because we don't call it that) doesn't necessarily have to go to the parish we attend weekly.

I fully support the FJ Church of Caffeine! The more coffee the better really.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Mr. Jerkit and I consider the missionaries we support part of our "tithe." We consider that the global church and that our "tithe" (I put that in quotes because we don't call it that) doesn't necessarily have to go to the parish we attend weekly.

I fully support the FJ Church of Caffeine! The more coffee the better really.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
See, but presumably your missionaries are doing more than raising their own damn children for Jesus. Having children isn't a "mission", it's the default outcome of PIV sex (barring infertility or other health problems) unless you prevent it. And making sure your children and grand-children get to eat isn't a "mission" either, it's kind of expected, although Lori wouldn't understand that because she has the maternal instincts of a ravenous hamster. It'd be like me declaring that feeding and housing my best friend while she's unemployed and struggling with depression counts as our "money for charity" budget instead of counting as being a good friend. Which is gross and terrible and not at all what we think, thank you, so we'll continue donating to causes we think are important.

Archived