IGNORED

Save me from falling into a rabbit hole-Sparkling Lauren

Lauren has pictures of Elijah's dead body on her blog. Morgue pictures.

I just found them about 15 minutes ago, without meaning to. I'll be honest. My cheeks aren't dry right now. She sounds very nuts, and I don't think she should be parenting alone, but she sounds like she does love her kids tremendously, and accepts them, unlike people like Zsu who would kick a kid out for being gay.

Lauren has told her daughters that their father killing their brother is not a negative thing. It is a neutral event.

That sounds like a coping tactic. :(

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found them about 15 minutes ago, without meaning to. I'll be honest. My cheeks aren't dry right now. She sounds very nuts, and I don't think she should be parenting alone, but she sounds like she does love her kids tremendously, and accepts them, unlike people like Zsu who would kick a kid out for being gay.

That sounds like a coping tactic. :(

To the bold - NOPE! She talks like she does, but her actions tell a different story. She is completely indifferent to her children's feelings. They are props to her.

I watched the video of her birthing Elijah. A couple questions, why is David just jiggling the sides of her ass as the baby comes out? Did he think that was helping? It was weird. Also what is with Lauren's all red clothing thing?

I watched the video of her birthing Elijah. A couple questions, why is David just jiggling the sides of her ass as the baby comes out? Did he think that was helping? It was weird. Also what is with Lauren's all red clothing thing?

Can't answer the birth question, but Lauren wears all red because she is a redhead and society says that redheads should not wear red. So by rigidly doing what society says she shouldn't, and making it her new uniform, she is proving her authentic credentials. Oh, and also because there's some other hippie lady who wears all green, and Lauren stole her idea.

Once, her youngest daughter Lana was bitten by a paralysis tick. She started having trouble walking, and instead of getting her daughter medical attention, she just carried her around.

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1942

Gross. The tick was the size of a fingernail before she even noticed it!

That post is frightening. If my one of my kids had trouble walking, we'd be at the ER. I'm a mom who keeps them home when a fever reaches 102 to see if it goes down within a day, but trouble walking? I'm hightailing it. Delaney's eye was paralyzed!

Gross. The tick was the size of a fingernail before she even noticed it!

That post is frightening. If my one of my kids had trouble walking, we'd be at the ER. I'm a mom who keeps them home when a fever reaches 102 to see if it goes down within a day, but trouble walking? I'm hightailing it. Delaney's eye was paralyzed!

You think that's bad?

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=19860&hilit=prickle&start=340#p715290

Can't answer the birth question, but Lauren wears all red because she is a redhead and society says that redheads should not wear red. So by rigidly doing what society says she shouldn't, and making it her new uniform, she is proving her authentic credentials. Oh, and also because there's some other hippie lady who wears all green, and Lauren stole her idea.

I thought redheads weren't supposed to wear yellow? What if she's been messing with the man incorrectly all this time? It's the thought that counts, right?

For Delaney and the tick, she didn't even let the poor baby girl stay home and rest. They went to the zoo and some other places. She either walked or Lauren carried her. Nuts!!!!

No 6 year old wants you remove a septic prickle from their eye that's why you have to put on your parent hat and insist. You know, before they go blind. Oh, and tick paralysis is cured almost immediately by removing the tick. Had she gone to an ED Delaney would have had a whole lot less suffering.

No 6 year old wants you remove a septic prickle from their eye that's why you have to put on your parent hat and insist. You know, before they go blind. Oh, and tick paralysis is cured almost immediately by removing the tick. Had she gone to an ED Delaney would have had a whole lot less suffering.

What's more important, docmom, your child's vision? Or her right to self-determination? I mean come on! First you insist that she have the thorn removed from her eyeball, next thing you know you'll be insisting that she brush her teeth. It's a slippery slope, docmom. A very slippery slope.

Does anyone have a link/can tell me when the "daughter gets lost in the bush with a total stranger on Christmas eve" thing happened? I can't seem to find it.

Something seriously terrible is going to have to happen to one of her children before she realizes this is ridiculous. Oh wait, she's already had one pass away...I suppose she can just blame that on her crazy ex.

What's more important, docmom, your child's vision? Or her right to self-determination? I mean come on! First you insist that she have the thorn removed from her eyeball, next thing you know you'll be insisting that she brush her teeth. It's a slippery slope, docmom. A very slippery slope.

You are absolutely right, HappyAtheist. I will now cease and desist from insisting upon anything for my children. BTW, can you look after 3 "self-caring" children for a month or so?

You are absolutely right, HappyAtheist. I will now cease and desist from insisting upon anything for my children. BTW, can you look after 3 "self-caring" children for a month or so?

I used to have a home day care, but the thing is I actually, you know, took care of the kids. :o

I don't have the time to read literally thousands of replies.

No problem - I wasn't dismissing your request, just trying to be helpful.

Your first post said you didn't want to search, so I thought you didn't realize no search was needed -- old info is now easy to find and chronological. And, as I said, that first thread had some background info pretty early in it, since some people didn't know who Lauren was when Elijah died, so I figured you'd get a basic idea pretty quickly.

I just didn't want you to feel that you had no other option if people didn't want to write out a summary. I guess the re-telling of the Lauren story has its appeal -- glad you got answers! :D

Even though I'm not the OP, I thank you for the info about archives, thoughtful! Although I find it helpful/greatly entertaining when people summarize, it's good to have the link to the archives handy, too.

Does anyone have a link/can tell me when the "daughter gets lost in the bush with a total stranger on Christmas eve" thing happened? I can't seem to find it.

Something seriously terrible is going to have to happen to one of her children before she realizes this is ridiculous. Oh wait, she's already had one pass away...I suppose she can just blame that on her crazy ex.

Here it is, it was Aisha. I'll bet dollars to donuts she was on something when this happened, hence her lack of caring.

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1474

Also here's the infamous 'Lauren Left' post, where Lauren just decides to up and walk off, leaving David with a broken truck and four little girls. No explanation other than a cryptic message left with the youngest.

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1611

And the time that David almost drove the truck off a cliff.

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1584

I thought redheads weren't supposed to wear yellow? What if she's been messing with the man incorrectly all this time? It's the thought that counts, right?

Or pink. Lots of colors redheads aren't supposed to wear. Just go naked.

No problem - I wasn't dismissing your request, just trying to be helpful.

Your first post said you didn't want to search, so I thought you didn't realize no search was needed -- old info is now easy to find and chronological. And, as I said, that first thread had some background info pretty early in it, since some people didn't know who Lauren was when Elijah died, so I figured you'd get a basic idea pretty quickly.

I just didn't want you to feel that you had no other option if people didn't want to write out a summary. I guess the re-telling of the Lauren story has its appeal -- glad you got answers! :D

I didn't think you were being dismissive. I just thought I might not have been clear. I did do a search before, and saw how massive the threads were. I wish I had more time to read it all.

i have now started to read the blog. oh jeez.

i read some posts here and there but i've decided to start at the beginning and work my way forward. i'm interested in exactly how a fundie turns into a freespirit pseudo-hippie. i'm at...2007 if i remember correctly.

I always just read the thread at hand and tried to catch up as needed. I am interested in the whole surrogacy thing and can't wait to see what happens in the end! How far along is she now anyway?

i have now started to read the blog. oh jeez.

i read some posts here and there but i've decided to start at the beginning and work my way forward. i'm interested in exactly how a fundie turns into a freespirit pseudo-hippie. i'm at...2007 if i remember correctly.

You've got a ways to go. It starts to get weird in 2010 and the wheels come off in 2011. Elijah is killed in June 2012. In 2007 she was a working mother of 2...

Archived