IGNORED

Jahi McMath back in the news - Part 2

Stynjen

Every time I see this thread get attention, I think "please let this poor child be buried!"

So, wait, they moved her to their apartment? Wtf....

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2016 at 0:56 PM, Eater of Worlds said:

That last photo is photoshopped for sure.  Because there is another photo available that is not photoshopped.  There's a closeup of her fingers, bent in a position that no one with normal control of their hands would ever put them in.  There's also a closeup of her face, that show her eyelashes are nearly gone and there's discoloration on her lips that wasn't there in earlier photos.  http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/

This woman isn't just unhinged, she's a full-blown narcissist. In one of her social media posts, she openly admits that she doesn't give a damn about her kids, just herself. She called her kids trash and that at the end of the day SHE is the one sitting at Kaiser with high blood pressure. :pb_eek: She also admitted that one of her children choked another child at school and that she was on her child's side because she just "missed her mom"(poor baby :pb_rollseyes:). She also relayed a story of her being one of those nightmare parents to a teacher (so endearing).

21 minutes ago, Trynn said:

Every time I see this thread get attention, I think "please let this poor child be buried!"

Yes, and her sister even shares a room with her. :pb_eek:

crazy mother....she is making lots of $$ on donations and funding pages....I feel sorry for anyone who has contact with the family...such evilness

i don't believe her nails are growing. those have got to be acrylics

they're either acrylics or gel nails, but either way they aren't natural

My co workers just asked me to explain my sudden and horrified expression.

22 hours ago, griffin said:

i don't believe her nails are growing. those have got to be acrylics

There was a shot and I thought that it showed one nail uncovered, but who knows how old that was.  

How much longer can this go on? At some point an infection is sure to end this, right?

42 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There was a shot and I thought that it showed one nail uncovered, but who knows how old that was.  

How much longer can this go on? At some point an infection is sure to end this, right?

It can go on for a long time, just as it has in a few other cases. There haven't been many cases like this because usually they expire naturally or their family gives up. In Jahi's case, those brain research doctors have gotten pretty good at sustaining dead people on ventilators and Jahi was a young, healthy specimen to begin with. She has round the clock nursing care and unlimited funds for her care. In most cases of course, there is absolutly no reason to do this. Those doctor that predicted she wouldn't last Long weren't wrong, they just weren't counting on her receiving this level of care.

If I remember correctly her mother said there had been infections, it's nearly impossible that there wouldn't have been. They give her antibiotics, she heals because her body is still able to regenerate at a cellular level.  Jahi is dead but with the right support her body can "live" for lack of a better word, for who the hell knows how long. 

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM, 16strong said:

This woman isn't just unhinged, she's a full-blown narcissist. In one of her social media posts, she openly admits that she doesn't give a damn about her kids, just herself. She called her kids trash and that at the end of the day SHE is the one sitting at Kaiser with high blood pressure. :pb_eek: She also admitted that one of her children choked another child at school and that she was on her child's side because she just "missed her mom"(poor baby :pb_rollseyes:). She also relayed a story of her being one of those nightmare parents to a teacher (so endearing).

Where's cps

6 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Where's cps

That's what I was wondering... could this somehow be investigated by CPS? But I'm not sure what CPS would find. A little girl sharing a bedroom with a dead sister and a mom whose so focused on telling the world "F brain death" that she doesn't parent the little girl and so the little girl has become violent? I mean WE think it's messed up, but social workers might not be able to do anything. I feel like Jahi being "alive" has turned into a point for this mom to prove. She isn't going to let it go. It's become a crusade about doctors not being allowed to tell HER when HER child is dead. SHE (the mother) will decide that for herself. The mind reels. 

By the way...how is "Jahi" pronounced? In my mind I say "Jah Hee"

On 3/24/2016 at 11:29 PM, Trynn said:

They had no choice. Fellus, the doctor who got her admitted to the NJ hospital, was founding having sex with one of his brain damaged patients. When he lost his license, and his privileges, they had to move her from the hospital. I saw pictures of where they lived in NJ. The landlord sued them for non payment of rent, but the lawyer came through and caught them up. They have round the clock nurses for Jahi, paid for by the tax payers.

i have always read it as "jah hee", but on the video, i heard that sicko who calls herself a mother say "juh high". i was surprised that i had it wrong for two years

3 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

They had no choice. Fellus, the doctor who got her admitted to the NJ hospital, was founding having sex with one of his brain damaged patients. When he lost his license, and his privileges, they had to move her from the hospital. I saw pictures of where they lived in NJ. The landlord sued them for non payment of rent, but the lawyer came through and caught them up. They have round the clock nurses for Jahi, paid for by the tax payers.

Which is patently ridiculous.  

1 hour ago, griffin said:

i have always read it as "jah hee", but on the video, i heard that sicko who calls herself a mother say "juh high". i was surprised that i had it wrong for two years

Doesn't matter what you call her, she won't answer.

I think that Jahi is actually a really pretty name, though I think spelling it Jahai would be better because the pronunciation would be more intuitive.

10 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Just when I thought this couldn't get any more insane. I refuse to think about what he wanted with a brain-dead tween.

10 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Doesn't matter what you call her, she won't answer.

Wow! Sometimes the truth hurts and that was two black eyes and a broken nose kind of hurt.

16 minutes ago, Chelio93 said:

Wow! Sometimes the truth hurts and that was two black eyes and a broken nose kind of hurt.

I want to apologize for my comment. Physical violence is never the answer. I have been watching Hell On Wheels and I can not decide if I am going to leave my husband for Cullen or not :confused2:?

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Ungodly Grandma said:

I was wondering how they could afford this. 

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

That's what I was wondering... could this somehow be investigated by CPS? But I'm not sure what CPS would find. A little girl sharing a bedroom with a dead sister and a mom whose so focused on telling the world "F brain death" that she doesn't parent the little girl and so the little girl has become violent? I mean WE think it's messed up, but social workers might not be able to do anything. I feel like Jahi being "alive" has turned into a point for this mom to prove. She isn't going to let it go. It's become a crusade about doctors not being allowed to tell HER when HER child is dead. SHE (the mother) will decide that for herself. The mind reels. 

By the way...how is "Jahi" pronounced? In my mind I say "Jah Hee"

This is abuse and neglect. A dead corpse sleeping next to the sister. 

3 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I was wondering how they could afford this. 

This is abuse and neglect. A dead corpse sleeping next to the sister. 

I'm not sure the sister is sharing a room. From the pictures I saw, the place where they are living is a good size, townhome sort of place, there may be a den or something where the sister sleeps. Unless someone has info I don't have, but I've been following this pretty closely. It's bad enough to have the dead girl in the house!

On 3/25/2016 at 10:10 PM, Buzzard said:

It can go on for decades.  There was a young boy who was declared brain dead when he was 4 or so - when his mother finally pulled the plug, he was 22 or 23.  The autopsy was very sad.

She had him at her house and I will give her this - he was in the best physical condition for someone who was brain dead and hooked up to a ventilator.  No bed sores, didn't die of pneumonia, etc.  Still dead though.  He had gone through something in the same neighbourhood as puberty, but not entirely.  His brain had atrophied to something like a walnut. 

There are photos in the link.

https://hods.org/pdf/Long%20Survival%20Following%20Baterial%20Meningits-Associated%20Brain%20Destruction1.pdf

Still horrified , still hoping to open this thread up and see she has passed and the other kids have gotten therapy. This woman's other kids will need load of therapy.

41 minutes ago, Gellhorn said:

It can go on for decades.  There was a young boy who was declared brain dead when he was 4 or so - when his mother finally pulled the plug, he was 22 or 23.  The autopsy was very sad.

She had him at her house and I will give her this - he was in the best physical condition for someone who was brain dead and hooked up to a ventilator.  No bed sores, didn't die of pneumonia, etc.  Still dead though.  He had gone through something in the same neighbourhood as puberty, but not entirely.  His brain had atrophied to something like a walnut. 

There are photos in the link.

https://hods.org/pdf/Long%20Survival%20Following%20Baterial%20Meningits-Associated%20Brain%20Destruction1.pdf

Thanks for the article. It helped explain some of the questions I had not just about the Jahi McMath case, but Bobbi Kristina Brown as well. Brown's autopsy noted that she was malnourished with a weight in the mid-90 pounds, and it seems like low caloric feedings are the norm for people with severe brain damage. It's rather disturbing that a body can survive for decades even as the brain has atrophied to nothing. It doesn't seem like there are many conservative Christian ethicists thinking seriously about the wisdom of having brain death individuals taking valuable hospital beds, especially when many non-fetus and non-brain dead people can't afford basic care. 

On 3/25/2016 at 9:36 AM, Ungodly Grandma said:

Wow wow wow, how did I miss this earlier? Why is this not bigger news in the articles about this case?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived