IGNORED

Jahi McMath back in the news - Part 2

Stynjen

Just now, Mitz_ said:

There is no way we can know where that child sleeps. It's probably the least of her problems.

Now there is another one. 

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/parents-fighting-hospital-to-keep-2-year-old-son-on-life-support

The only good news about this new tragedy is that it is only being covered by the far right religious crowd. 

More sad stuff, compounded into a mess.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2016 at 11:03 AM, Mitz_ said:

From the article - 

Byrne is an expert on life issues whoadvocated for the family of Jahi McMath, the 13-year-old California girl declared brain dead in late 2013 who became the subject of an extensive battle over hercondition and care. She later became responsive.

Apparently my definition of "responsive" is not the same as theirs. *insert eye roll here*

3 hours ago, Rowan said:

From the article - 

Apparently my definition of "responsive" is not the same as theirs. *insert eye roll here*

And the definition of 'responsive' was reached after watching hours of videos of her supposedly responding to commands. Videos can be edited, or the patient made to look as if she is responding when in fact it is someone with a vested interest in keeping her alive, performing the 'movements'. 

Poor Jahi... :( 

This physician has personally examined Jahi and has reviewed a number of her medical records and studies performed, including an MRI/MRA done at Rutgers University Medical Center on September 26, 2014. This doctor has also examined 22 videotapes of Jahi responding to specific requests to respond and move…

There may be video of her 'responding' but none of it shows her full body, and none of it can be replicated in front of a doctor. How strange ...

Whats amazing is that people will be "outraged" that they "tested" this child without parent's consent.  I'm assuming the test they did was when they turn the respirator off to see if you breathe on your own, its not like it did any additional harm.

So sad that outsiders feed the delusion that the medical staff did anything wrong or out of the standard course of care.  All this does is make healthcare harder for others and harm the family.

On 4/18/2016 at 2:05 PM, Buzzard said:

Whats amazing is that people will be "outraged" that they "tested" this child without parent's consent.  I'm assuming the test they did was when they turn the respirator off to see if you breathe on your own, its not like it did any additional harm.

So sad that outsiders feed the delusion that the medical staff did anything wrong or out of the standard course of care.  All this does is make healthcare harder for others and harm the family.

Yes, and give loved ones an excuse to remain in denial. Can you imagine all of the long-term medical care facilities clogged up with Jahis? This story (if it is reported at all) only needs to be criticized. I hate thinking that Mama Nails is giving other people false hope and encouraging any delusions they might have.

It gets scary when you think of death being re-defined. According to Mama Nails (LOL @16strong) death is just another disability? :my_dodgy:

37 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It gets scary when you think of death being re-defined. According to Mama Nails (LOL @16strong) death is just another disability? :my_dodgy:

Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for "Mama Nails." Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a name that's been circulating the internet awhile.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived