IGNORED

Jahi McMath back in the news - Part 2

Stynjen

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is this going to be a legal case of desecration of a corpse?  And I mean it when I said if she's alive in there after all, that she's better off being let go because it would be the worse of hells to hear and know stuff's happening, but to forever be on the outside unable to respond or participate.

On January 1, 2016 at 4:01 AM, Granwych said:

Too bad the family doesn't let Ben Carson examine Jahi.  Then again, considering some of his campaign utterances, maybe not.

That would be a good idea as I think he is perfectly qualified to do so! :)

• 2 months later...

I don't see a new post yet, so... she's back.

http://michaelbaisden.com/mother-girl-declared-legally-dead-two-years-ago-post-new-photos-says-healthy-proving-naysayers-wrong/

The family's attorney "Dolan has acknowledged that a recovery from brain death would be a medical first however he insists, along with the family, that brain scans show electrical activity and that she responds to verbal commands from her mother."

I've noticed in the new picture, they've done quite a job in heavily painting Jahi's face. She looks quite life-like. I can only wonder how much her family is trying to hide with the cosmetics. 

So, so sad the way this has been handled. As healthy and beautiful as ever? The little girl they loved isn't in there anymore.

I've noticed in the new picture, they've done quite a job in heavily painting Jahi's face. She looks quite life-like. I can only wonder how much her family is trying to hide with the cosmetics. 

she does look quite heavily made up to me, too. it's easy to make someone look life like with enough makeup.

I hate to say it but she looks made up to the point of...it reminds me of a Madame Tussauds Wax figure.

I mean, she probably looks lifelike if you don't look too closely, but something seems really off. 

She looks more like a corpse in a coffin than living to me in the latest photo.

I just saw this trending on FB, and knew we had a thread here. Don't know what to think about this, but I hope she isn't as healthy as ever, because you know, she is on life support.

Dammit, the farce is STILL going on? Whenever I see this thread bumped back up, I keep hoping it's because this poor girl has finally been laid to rest. That hope is always in vain. 

The mother is delusional. At some point she needs to be kicked to the curb so Jahi can be laid to rest. It's just gross what they're doing.

This is so gross and so sad all at the same time. I wonder if the family is getting donations from "culture of life" Catholics and those of a similar mindset to keep Jahi's body propped up like this. I recall Teri Schiavo's parents stepped into this mess several years back and tried to help the McMath family find a facility willing to keep a corpse "alive."

ETA I'm surprised that Jahi's body hasn't shut down from pneumonia or some other disorder caused by her body's compromised immune system. Or does she even have an immune system at this point?

She's several shades lighter than she was.  She has a dead pallor to her skin tone.  She's not as healthy as ever since, before the surgery, she was ALIVE.

14 minutes ago, Rear Window said:

I just looked at the new picture. Is her lip pierced? WTF??

I think it's shine from all the gloss they're glopping on her.  I wish her pathetic mother would realize that if there's any chance Jahi is alive, that this kind of existence would be torture.

This is such a sad, tragic situation.   The politics at play make it abhorrent, but I cannot help but have sympathy for Jahi, her parents and loved ones. I wish for them all to finally find peace and soon. 

48 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

She's several shades lighter than she was.  She has a dead pallor to her skin tone.  She's not as healthy as ever since, before the surgery, she was ALIVE.

She looks greenish to me, in some of the latest photos. I've been following this for over two years, glad to finally find this thread on FJ. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 7:16 PM, imokit said:

She has a tracheostomy (tube in the neck), its what they use for long term ventilation (breathing).  Notice that their have never been photos of her whole body and the picture cuts off above the neck to hide it.

I couldn't understand why there was an infant swaddling blanket tucked under her chin.  I've never seen them used on an inpatient who was a teen.  And yeah, you can see the ribbed white (near the adult's forehead) and blue tubing going from the ventilator to under her sheets.

I'm reposting the photo here so people dont have to go clicking.  She still looks dead to me.  It reminds me of people who go to funerals, look at the deceased, and say "it looks like they're just sleeping."  She has so much makeup on she may as well be wearing a mask.  

I also dont get the swaddling blanket hiding the trach.  The fact that it exists isnt a secret, so why hide it?  And seriously, look at all those machines.  That poor child is not "as healthy as ever."  She's dead.  She will never open her eyes unless you open them for her.  She will never kiss her mother back.  She's gone.

The fact that they're posting this stuff now is clearly a money play.  They've fallen out of the public eye and its time to kick that gofundmea account back in high gear.

Spoiler

jahi.jpg.097ee0979838c41a89459266b7eaabb

I saw this trending on Facebook and knew the discussion would be restarted here on FJ...

That poor girl. I get that life support can blur the perception of the line between life and death. I get that families have a hard time saying good-bye, especially when the person who has died is young. I just can't wrap my head around holding on to somebody for so long who clearly is no longer there. How does anybody in that family - especially the siblings??? - have a chance to mourn and move on??

As for why the trach stoma is covered...maybe there are people who AREN'T aware that it's there? That a machine is keeping her alive? My ex had a trach after he was hit by a car and was in a coma for weeks and bed-ridden for years but at no point was the machine breathing FOR him, simply assisting him, and at no point was there no brain activity. There was someone else who posted upthread asking how Jahi hasn't developed and succumbed to pneumonia or some other illness yet, and I have to echo that - my ex developed life-threatening pneumonia several times from being hooked up to the ventilator. Is it that Jahi CAN'T get pneumonia by way of not being alive?

Did they relax her hair? :my_cry: this whole thing is just too weird. 

10 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Did they relax her hair? :my_cry: this is just too weird. 

Why shouldn't they? They're going through all the other motions of her being alive. In retrospect, giving a corpse a perm may be the least offensive thing this family has done.

Whoa, can we put that photo under a spoiler tag please? I've managed to make it this far in life without ever seeing a dead body and I'd kinda like to keep it that way. And this girl is definitely dead.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived