IGNORED

Jahi McMath back in the news - Part 2

Stynjen

Seriously???????

I was hoping after this thread being quiet for a bit, and now being bumped back up again, it meant that they finally did the right thing and gave Jahi's body a decent burial.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That picture gives me the creeps. Like another poster described it....it's like I'm looking into a coffin at a corpse (and that's just it...she IS a corpse). It still looks like her, but something just isn't right. Like when you see a loved one at their funeral.  It's them, but at the same time, it's not them. And her family is disgustingly playing dress up and spending time on Jahi's makeup and hair like she's a real live doll 

I wish this poor girl would just pass already, or I guess that her body would give up the fight and stop functioning  Her family needs to come to grips to with Jahi's death and start coping. 

I feel for the youngsters in Jahi's life. I can only imagine how this is fucking with their minds and confusing the hell out of them. There needs to be a gofundme for the copious amounts of therapy her poor siblings are going to need after this debacle.

I     couldn't get the spoiler to do it's thing so if a mod could help me that would be appreciated. 

And if you notice her eyelashes are gone, it looks like her lids either are glued or sewn shut. If you look at some more current photos on the instagram of the woman who did her hair in braids you can see that. The skin below her nose and top of her lip is very dark, perhaps an indicator of necrotizing under the skin. This was taken 3 months ago. Her hairline has also receded. 

This is a very sad situation. And to think her little sister has to share a room with her. I hope they have lots of money to pay for her therapy. 

Spoiler

@anniebgood

Wait, the little sister shares a room with her?  I haven't read as many details to know this.  Oh my goodness that's so traumatic.  That poor child.  I could not imagine.  

This whole situation started out sad, quickly went bizarre, and is now completely appalling. At first, I can understand a parent's grief and inability to accept that their child has died...but we're talking years later now! i just checked the Gofundme account and they are still getting regular donations, some are tagged as monthly auto-donations. 

I will say that reading about this whole thing has been very enlightening for me, since I'm learning more than I probably would need to know about death. 

To me it looks like her eyes have been heavily photoshopped.  Blurred, something.  They don't seem right.

Either way, the whole thing is just wrong.

That last photo is photoshopped for sure.  Because there is another photo available that is not photoshopped.  There's a closeup of her fingers, bent in a position that no one with normal control of their hands would ever put them in.  There's also a closeup of her face, that show her eyelashes are nearly gone and there's discoloration on her lips that wasn't there in earlier photos.  http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/

6 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

That last photo is photoshopped for sure.  Because there is another photo available that is not photoshopped.  There's a closeup of her fingers, bent in a position that no one with normal control of their hands would ever put them in.  There's also a closeup of her face, that show her eyelashes are nearly gone and there's discoloration on her lips that wasn't there in earlier photos.  http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/

She looks really, really, dead there.

What is that on her skin in the headphones and sunglasses photo-there is a patch of skin on her left side, from her hairline and onto her cheek, that looks lighter than the rest of her skin.

11 minutes ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

She looks really, really, dead there.

What is that on her skin in the headphones and sunglasses photo-there is a patch of skin on her left side, from her hairline and onto her cheek, that looks lighter than the rest of her skin.

If you scroll down, you can see this black spot on her right eyelid.  You'll notice the photos are taken either from an angle that doesn't show that eyelid, with sunglasses, or with makeup/photoshop.  You never see her straight on, natural.

42 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

The photo with Jahi and the baby really shows how dead the poor girl is. I can understand that her family must have been shocked and saddened that such a young girl died during routine surgery but this farce needs to end for the sake of everyone involved.

12 minutes ago, Mitz_ said:

I think that folded blanket under her chin is there to keep her mouth closed.

There are plenty of photos with her mouth open.  I really think it's there to hide the trach so it makes people think she's breathing by herself and thus really isn't brain dead.

Oh god. Just read all of that. That mother is the worst human been ever. Asking for prayes for her daughter after being suspended for cho King a classmate... Oh god. Her kids do not deserve that kind of shit

Just. Wow. :my_confused:  How long can this go on? I'm shocked by all of this. 

This blog is pretty informative, as the guy who writes it is a trauma and general surgeon from two large hospitals. He explains all the terminology involved, and why some claims from the mother are totally wrong, and why other statements are erroneous.

http://www.docbastard.net/2016/03/jahi-mcmath-updatenot-really.html

That's the most recent post he's done, but there are a few on Jahi. He's disgusted. Appalled at this family and their behaviour.

Meanwhile, the goFundMe is up to $64,422 - that's a lot of handbags and shoes and manicures for that awful mother.

Thanks for the link, @DaffyDill. Very informative blog. From one of the comments on that blog post:

my very first suspicion is that the setting looks an awful lot like a hospital room - and I had confirmation that the blanket IS a hospital issue blanket. from there, a study was done on the hair, and it was pointed out that Nailah has not been seen in that particular hairstyle since the first interviews. all of this leads to the conclusion that the "new" picture is actually a year and a half old - taken in either the New Jersey hospital she was first transferred to, or possibly still in the original hospital after the trach was put in.

Very interesting. I would not be at all surprised that the "new" pictures are older. 

On 3/22/2016 at 0:56 PM, Eater of Worlds said:

Whats the significance of the eyelashes?  Her nails are growing, is there something specific they're hiding about eyelashes?

33 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Whats the significance of the eyelashes?  Her nails are growing, is there something specific they're hiding about eyelashes?

The eyes are one of the first things to go during decomp, so maybe her eyes have been glued shut for that reason and could be obscuring any eyelashes, assuming any are left.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I cant imagine having my child's eyes glued shut yet continuing to perpetuate this farce.

This woman has no morals

I know this may sound harsh to some, but at what point does keeping poor Jahi's remains in an apartment become a health hazard?

I don't think they are glued shut but her eyelashes aren't growing like they used to.  I think they always cover her right eye because of that dark spot that is kind of visible in earlier photos.  It's likely a spot of tissue damage the way she had some spots on her fingers.   With the tissue deterioration, I assume that her hair isn't going to grow from those locations as well. 

On 3/22/2016 at 9:56 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

That's a great link.

I posted a comment (awaiting approval) on that blog pointing out that the first two photos are the exact same photo, just cropped and rotated.  And it had to be cropped - the text on the bracelet would give away the game.

In the absence of that, it's the reflections, the shine on her skin that give it away most clearly.  If you move relative to a photography subject, while the light hitting them remains unchanged, reflections don't.  Your own position relative to subject and lighting matter when it comes to reflections.  The shine on her skin would not appear the same from your/the camera's perspective, even though the lighting conditions haven't changed.  Of course, viewing angle on her features has not changed, at all, either.  If you think about where the photographer would have to be to take that exact shot, you get a very funny scene.  Spiderman could probably have taken it, though.

Why just crop and rotate the image and pretend it's two?  Why not just take a 2nd photo from the angle you're attempting to imitate by rotating the top-down shot?

People on the comments of that blog and here are noting the ages of those shots vs the one with relaxed hair.  Considering that dark spot on her philtrum, it's almost like they're running out of convincing angles to photograph her from.

Actually, instead of poorly explaining what I mean, I should have just done this from the start.

Warning - Image of corpse:

Spoiler

2r2yivn.jpg

Also, I lied.  Spiderman couldn't take the reality warping picture suggested by the bracelet here.  It's just not a natural shot, and again, why even do this?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived