IGNORED

Obedient to my Husband blog has already BLOWN MY MIND

Hisey

Yep, that's Joanne. She lives in the basement of Joanna's (the obedientomyhusband blogger) church with her kids. I have strong a feeling that church & blog, and Joanna herself, along with Denny Kenaston's "Charity" fellowships are what convinced her to leave her husband. I feel sad for her family.

I like Joanne. I think she's probably a very intelligent woman who has been sucked into this extreme fundamental ideology. The story of her parting ways with her 2nd husband because she thought they were in adultery was sad. I know most of her posts have a preaching tone, but I don't find her smug like the typical fundie bloggers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have sympathy for her. She made her choices and now it will be others in her life who have to pay for her choices. There's nothing wrong with having sympathy for these women, but I personally save my sympathy for their children and the people they harrangue. I mean, come on? Buying your kid an expensive doll should be "chargeable as child abuse?" Please, bitch.

OTOH, anyone who is friends with that Joanna woman has my sympathy at least for having to deal with her.

I just got around to looking at her photos. Holy shit but her clothes are enormous! Also, it makes me sad to see her oldest daughter with that ugly headcovering too.

Stacy and Clinton, STAT!

• 3 weeks later...

Yipes. What a mess.

I think its pretty well established that more educated the population, the less religious it is. So I suppose this nutty rant serves a practical purpose. The author is trying to drum up support for her lifestyle.

I deconverted about 5-6 years ago and became an atheist. Best thing that ever happened to me. Stuff like this tends to push me over into the anti-theist camp. It just makes religion seem downright scary, nasty and harmful. Yuck.

Yipes. What a mess.

I think its pretty well established that more educated the population, the less religious it is. So I suppose this nutty rant serves a practical purpose. The author is trying to drum up support for her lifestyle.

I deconverted about 5-6 years ago and became an atheist. Best thing that ever happened to me. Stuff like this tends to push me over into the anti-theist camp. It just makes religion seem downright scary, nasty and harmful. Yuck.

Yes, the anti-intellectualism is especially scary. Do they all want to go back to the Olden Days when doctors would saw off your leg without anaesthetics and girls with children out of wedlock had to ask pardon in front of the whole church? And what happens if any of their kids shows sign of having an intellect and an interest in science? Do they throw him or her out? Scary.

Right? Why didn't she just take the mattress out herself if she knew it was the right day? Would her husband honestly have given a crap if she had? If so, what a baby.

See, if she'd taken out the mattress herself, she would have been overriding his authority not to take it out that day, and that's not allowed- by GOD.

We must have some guys on this forum. Wouldn't having a wife like this drive you insane? I know my husband couldn't stand more than about 5 minutes of this stuff. We're partners and he likes it that way. He's secure enough in his masculinity not to need a wife who never questions him. Guess we can't say the same for Wilbur.

Prepare to have your mind blown some more. This is a recent blog entry she posted.

aloveofthetruth.blogspot.com/2011/09/blessed-be-ye-poor-in-gpa.html

THIS. I revisited this thread (you know, because I have an exam on Tuesday and should be studying). GUESS WHAT. I don't have a low GPA because I'm stupid...it's because I'm blessed.

:angry-steamingears:

Oh, and the Hawthorne thing? She DOES know that he's writing FICTION about a time two centuries before his, doesn't she?

Yes, the anti-intellectualism is especially scary. Do they all want to go back to the Olden Days when doctors would saw off your leg without anaesthetics and girls with children out of wedlock had to ask pardon in front of the whole church? And what happens if any of their kids shows sign of having an intellect and an interest in science? Do they throw him or her out? Scary.

This woman is just spouting a more extreme version of ideas that already seem to have gained traction in our society. Rick Perry and Michelle Bachman - both dominionists, both anti-gay, both extremely anti-choice, both opposed to the separation of church and state, both creationists - both running for President.

Scary, indeed.

Guest Anonymous

On Adam's responsibility: I don't think the fundies are trying to absolve Adam of responsibility. I think a common fundie interpretation is that Adam definitely sinned by failing to prevent Eve from eating the fruit, as well as eating it himself. They also note that God seemed to hold Adam more accountable than Eve. (I can't recall exactly how they come to that conclusion; I think it comes from verses in which God seems to direct his questions to Adam or at least starts out by addressing his questions to Adam first.)

So, yeah, they don't shy away from admitting Adam was at fault, but they use that fact to shore up their belief that dudes should be in charge of their wives because: (1) it is actually a SIN to fail to keep your bitch in line; and (2) the man is accountable for his wife's sin. So, yeah, woman sins and she has to submit; man sins and he gets to be the boss of his wife. Convenient!

As for this new blog by this crazy lady -- wow. What a find.

This woman is just spouting a more extreme version of ideas that already seem to have gained traction in our society. Rick Perry and Michelle Bachman - both dominionists, both anti-gay, both extremely anti-choice, both opposed to the separation of church and state, both creationists - both running for President.

Scary, indeed.

This is so sick and scary it sends chills down my spine. If only I could dismiss this woman as a lunatic and go on with my day. But I can't for the reasons stated above.

I dont have a link right now, but she has that blog post with a helpmeet's ABC or something. Read the comment section.

A reader suggests that all those suggestions are nice, but should go two ways, as in husbands should do the same things for their wives. Joanna's answer is that she doesn't want tell men how to live their lives. but she's perfectly fine telling women how to?!

Looked up the link, here it is: http://obedienttomyhusband.blogspot.com ... pmeet.html

I dont have a link right now, but she has that blog post with a helpmeet's ABC or something. Read the comment section.

A reader suggests that all those suggestions are nice, but should go two ways, as in husbands should do the same things for their wives. Joanna's answer is that she doesn't want tell men how to live their lives. but she's perfectly fine telling women how to?!

I guess that's different because she does not view herself as submissive to another woman -they are her equals to scold, er, teach.

Isn't Chengdu one of ours?

Haven't seen her/him on the new FJ site, but I'm pretty sure she/he was a member on the old one.

Archived