IGNORED

Shraders in Zambia - Welcome to Poisonwood, Stephen- Part 3

happy atheist

Stephen, what a surprisingly normal name for them

Little Stephen, I hope you will receive the care you need and deserve. I hope, too, that you one day escape the crazy you were born to.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He already has.

That is true. :( I am so worried about these children. I look at my own children and can't imagine treating them the way John treats his children.

Welcome to the world, baby Stephen. I'm going to join everyone else in hoping you stay safe and healthy.

And the new thread title is excellent!

And counting down to the next blessing...

After Sophia, I made an Excel sheet to predict the next blessing (Stephen). I was off by a little less than a month. With this new info, I predict the next blessing will show up within one month of February 23, 2016.

After Sophia, I made an Excel sheet to predict the next blessing (Stephen). I was off by a little less than a month. With this new info, I predict the next blessing will show up within one month of February 23, 2016.

How many total? Will she beat Mullet? How old is Esther?

How many total? Will she beat Mullet? How old is Esther?

33. So she's got a good chance of having another decade of fertility. She's certainly still in prime babymaking years and she started at 22, so she could rival the Duggars or Bateses if everything keeps going as it has.

I thought they would give him a "precious" Zambian name, so I was suprised by Stephen too...but now they have decided on Lushomo as his middle name. It is the Tonga word for faith, or so John says. Hopefully he queried a reliable source this time, it's tough to change a kid's name after the fact. Just ask the Bateses :?

John describes the birth as very smooth with no tearing. Yes, he said that specifically. They had a wonderful midwife in Sister Phiri (the second midwife Jewl couldn't be there because she was "down with malaria") combined with wonderful previous experience and a wonderful birth kit with a STETHOSCOPE and DOPPLER, so of course everything was fine!

I thought they would give him a "precious" Zambian name, so I was suprised by Stephen too...but now they have decided on Lushomo as his middle name. It is the Tonga word for faith, or so John says. Hopefully he queried a reliable source this time, it's tough to change a kid's name after the fact. Just ask the Bateses :?

A quick google search seems to be telling me that it means "hope" (not that those people couldn't be wrong). Not too bad, as mistakes go -- at least he won't be hearing people say "be careful not to step in the lushomo!"

:lol:

Glad baby Stephen arrived safely. I heard the name Agape used today!

It was pronounced Agapa.

How do the shraders pronounce it and what does it mean?

Glad baby Stephen arrived safely. I heard the name Agape used today!

It was pronounced Agapa.

How do the shraders pronounce it and what does it mean?

It's pronounced ah-GAH-pay or uh-GAH-pay. It's a greek word for love, like an unconditional or godly love, not the romantic kind.

A quick google search seems to be telling me that it means "hope" (not that those people couldn't be wrong). Not too bad, as mistakes go -- at least he won't be hearing people say "be careful not to step in the lushomo!"

:lol:

Good one, Thoughtful.

I googled too before I saw your post. I found this page, which Esther may find useful. It seems to be a blog/FB page by and for Zambian mothers. http://www.mwanawanga.com/list-of-zambi ... -meanings/

It says that Lushomo does mean faith in Tongan -- but that it's a girl's name. John won't like that at all!

Stephen, what a surprisingly normal name for them

Little Stephen, I hope you will receive the care you need and deserve. I hope, too, that you one day escape the crazy you were born to.

Not so normal when you put it with "Faith" as a middle name.

Stephen Faith Shrader, good luck to ya little buddy.

Justme, I have her having her 16th at age 43, sometime in December 2024. That's assuming she continues as is, and nothing happens to slow or speed up her fertility, or she doesn't have twins.

Stephen Faith? Really? That is so odd, Faith has been completely a girls' name for so long, I can't believe a gender obsessed fundie of any sort would give it to a boy, even as a middle name.

Speaking of middle names, anyone know the other kids'? I'm just curious.

http://www.mwanawanga.com/list-of-zambi ... -meanings/

It says that Lushomo does mean faith in Tongan -- but that it's a girl's name. John won't like that at all!

Uh-oh. John, with a middle name like Lushomo, will Stephen grow up to be a manly fundie man like you, who can provide for his family -- oh, wait . . .make wise decisions -- hmmmm . . . let me see . . . shlep a large family on a badly-planned trip for no apparent reason and endanger their health?

Justme, I have her having her 16th at age 43, sometime in December 2024. That's assuming she continues as is, and nothing happens to slow or speed up her fertility, or she doesn't have twins.

Stephen Faith? Really? That is so odd, Faith has been completely a girls' name for so long, I can't believe a gender obsessed fundie of any sort would give it to a boy, even as a middle name.

Speaking of middle names, anyone know the other kids'? I'm just curious.

I think I remember the last baby's middle name being Joy?

No idea about any of the others.

John is thrilled that his father's church has put together a "blessing barrel" for his family. They plan to ship it later this month, and it should hopefully arrive by Christmas. From the picture it looks like they are trying to put one bike in it as well as some sort of trike or ride-along toy...but most of it is toys for John. A drill, lots of tools and cases for them, etc.

Still no word on the plane. Or the troopie for that matter. John said they were going to pick it up a week ago, so if everything went off as planned that should have been before Esther went into labor.

John is thrilled that his father's church has put together a "blessing barrel" for his family. They plan to ship it later this month, and it should hopefully arrive by Christmas. From the picture it looks like they are trying to put one bike in it as well as some sort of trike or ride-along toy...but most of it is toys for John. A drill, lots of tools and cases for them, etc.

Still no word on the plane. Or the troopie for that matter. John said they were going to pick it up a week ago, so if everything went off as planned that should have been before Esther went into labor.

Can't these fools understand that all of that crap can be bought in Lusaka and save them a HUGE hassle getting it into the country. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Something happened with that plane that John can't blame on Satan and I bet he is just hoping people will forget all the money spent on buying it and on getting his pilot's license.

Something happened with that plane that John can't blame on Satan and I bet he is just hoping people will forget all the money spent on buying it and on getting his pilot's license.

Anyone friends with John on FB under an alias that could ask the question? Then we can see what he'll do with it. Either answer that his "precious" plane is still gathering rust and waiting to clear customs, ignore the question, or delete the question completely.

Archived