IGNORED

Heidi (Roach) Botkin influencing her man

JemimaPuddle-Duck

I feel silly for starting a new thread, but don't know where else to put this. Go check out Heidi's Facebook. Isaac cut his hair! He looks years younger and much less "severe". I love it. Nice to see that she is having a softening effect on him, at least physically. They look really happy :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad you started the new threat! Oh my gosh, he looks like a different person. Yes, good for Heidi. If I remember correctly, I Zack is the one who bails the family out when times get rough – he's able to ply his trade (totally honest work!) and bring home enough money to tide The Great And Mighty Botkin and his unfortunate crew over.

I love the Roach family photo after the wedding. Now, that looks like a rather joyful, life-loving bunch.

Somewhere, there was a story that savvy friend suggested to Geoff that he change his appearance to be less harsh and more approachable, warmer, to help in his "ministry. " Geoff would have none of it, and we see how successful his ministry's been, of late. Dumbshit.

I'm so glad you started the new threat! Oh my gosh, he looks like a different person. Yes, good for Heidi. If I remember correctly, I Zack is the one who bails the family out when times get rough – he's able to ply his trade (totally honest work!) and bring home enough money to tide The Great And Mighty Botkin and his unfortunate crew over.

I love the Roach family photo after the wedding. Now, that looks like a rather joyful, life-loving bunch.

Somewhere, there was a story that savvy friend suggested to Geoff that he change his appearance to be less harsh and more approachable, warmer, to help in his "ministry. " Geoff would have none of it, and we see how successful his ministry's been, of late. Dumbshit.

I don't ever remember hearing that story, but I like it ;-). Smart friend. It sure worked for Isaac......I think he looks like a really sweet guy on that pic. His whole demeanor looks more relaxed, and I even think he looks healthier if that makes sense. At his age, he must have been getting rather lonely without a companion. Well, marriage sure seems to suit him :-)

Thanks, Babycakes, for starting this thread. I saw Heidi's updated photo a few days ago, and agree he looks tons better, and happier. It rather begs the question - for all the Botkinettes' "Our only purpose in life is to be helpmeets to our father and brothers" schtick, they never thought to suggest a more attractive haircut??? :roll:

Yep, there's been a noticeable uptick of late in Botkin-product merchandising, on both Visionary Daughters and Western Conservatory pages, now that big brother has started his own family. What a coincidence!

And finally, not holding my breath waiting for a kinder, gentler, Great and Powerful Geoff. He seems to be getting more curmudgeonly by the day, harrumphing his way through a world he's convinced is well on its way to hell in a handbasket - the Dominionist version of a grumpy neighbor barking "Hey, you kids get off my lawn!!"

I saw a comment on David's page from some man peddling Plexus. He said something about it helping with MS, and asked David to please show his father. It does make me wonder if Geoff has some health issues going on, which could explain his rather pained expression most of the time....?

Yep, there's been a noticeable uptick of late in Botkin-product merchandising, on both Visionary Daughters and Western Conservatory pages, now that big brother has started his own family. What a coincidence!

There has also been a significant uptick in the number of Ebay listings of the Return of the Daughters (ROTD) DVD.

I bought a copy off Ebay 2-3 years ago and IIRC it took at least several months before one came up for sale. I forgot to remove it as a "watch" item but began to be interested in how often ROTD came up for sale after the Doug Debacle.

Once that whole thing percolated through the community of the fleeced sheep faithful, sale notices for ROTD came maybe 2-3 times a month if that. Since les Botkinettes published their pseudo-repudiation of their shite last month, I have been getting 5-10 a week.

Coincidence? :think: I think not!

There has also been a significant uptick in the number of Ebay listings of the Return of the Daughters (ROTD) DVD.

I bought a copy off Ebay 2-3 years ago and IIRC it took at least several months before one came up for sale. I forgot to remove it as a "watch" item but began to be interested in how often ROTD came up for sale after the Doug Debacle.

Once that whole thing percolated through the community of the fleeced sheep faithful, sale notices for ROTD came maybe 2-3 times a month if that. Since les Botkinettes published their pseudo-repudiation of their shite last month, I have been getting 5-10 a week.

Coincidence? :think: I think not!

Oh, very interesting!

Well, nobody has pointed out the obvious -- often merging with his new bride so two bodies become (ahem!) one has got to be such a relief, after how many years of telling himself, Musn't MUSN'T? Also, don't know if simply getting out of the Botkin compound is a great relief, or was he living away from home already? Anyway, they both look very sweetly happy, as they should.

The haircut is a HUGE improvement; the previous iteration had foreshadowings of premature dour Geoff (if Geoff had more hair left).

I looked at her Facebook page and saw that Peter Bradrick commented on a post from Feb 2013. I don't know who is in the photo he commented on.

Howl, do we know they've moved off-compound?

MtL, I like your thoughts on sisters as image consultant-helpmeets, but Does it seem likely that in a family as obsessed with appearances as this one (Geoff in a lab coat to discuss something science-related at a Doug Philips Extravaganza), any womanly suggestion about how to comb one's hair would be met with roars of indignation?

Or, just my imagination? :P

I looked at her Facebook page and saw that Peter Bradrick commented on a post from Feb 2013. I don't know who is in the photo he commented on.

I think that's her twin sister Megan.

Howl, do we know they've moved off-compound?

I didn't realize there was a compound, although it shouldn't be surprising with this lot.

Any way to show the picture to us non-FB members? Would love to see how Mr. Future PM of New Zealand looks without the "I desperately need an enema" -look on his face.

Thanks Marian! You guys weren't exaggerating - he looks like a totally different person, and in a very good way. Free Isaac!

I didn't realize there was a compound, although it shouldn't be surprising with this lot.

Ok, in fairness to the Botkins, a good friend of mine visited them and told me that the boys said that they were actually worried that people might think that because they do NOT espouse that families should live in compounds, and were concerned that people might extrapolate that just because they are living on a big property that they think others should do the same. The kids are free to move where they would like, but they actually have a pretty nice atmosphere at the property. They aren't "compound" types by any means.

I saw a comment on David's page from some man peddling Plexus. He said something about it helping with MS, and asked David to please show his father. It does make me wonder if Geoff has some health issues going on, which could explain his rather pained expression most of the time....?

He's got some kind of serious health issue that gives terrible headaches. Pretty sure it was part of the pull to move away from San Antonio (though I think they suspected problems, too and that had to figure somewhere in the move) for a better location for his health. From what I understand the disease is I think nerve-related and very debilitating.

Ok, in fairness to the Botkins, a good friend of mine visited them and told me that the boys said that they were actually worried that people might think that because they do NOT espouse that families should live in compounds, and were concerned that people might extrapolate that just because they are living on a big property that they think others should do the same. The kids are free to move where they would like, but they actually have a pretty nice atmosphere at the property. They aren't "compound" types by any means.

So, a single daughter gets to move out, on her own?

They wouldn't choose to.

It isn't really a choice if they have been raised to believe staying is the only option they have. It is really choice if they have been told that it is okay if they stay and okay if they leave and the family will support them.

It isn't really a choice if they have been raised to believe staying is the only option they have. It is really choice if they have been told that it is okay if they stay and okay if they leave and the family will support them.

I'd say it's more likely manipulation and knowing what the community would think as opposed to an actual prohibition in most cases. These girls are not physically restrained from it and in fact, some of them are the loudest proponents of their own beliefs.

I'd say it's more likely manipulation and knowing what the community would think as opposed to an actual prohibition in most cases. These girls are not physically restrained from it and in fact, some of them are the loudest proponents of their own beliefs.

If they have been raised since birth to believe being independent is wrong and know that they would be shunned and judged by the only community they really know then they are being mentally restrained. And yes, women advocate all sorts of horrible things to be done to other women. Doesn't make it right so I'm not sure what your point is.

The mental restraints that were put on me starting in childhood were often harder to over come than the physical ones when it came to leaving fundamental Christianity.

I have heard basically the same thing from someone else. I know what their property is like. It sounds nice to me. If you really like your family and you live on a nice property, why would you want to leave?

Archived