IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

I'm pretty sure the florist shop was either owned by Kelly's sister or by a friend of Kelly's sister who did the flowers for the weddings so they were probably all ok with each other and Alyssa probably didn't have a chaperone.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I don't think Michael has a chaperone to her Nanny job does she? Or, even stranger, Alyssa to her florist shop job. That would seem like an odd thing for an employer to tolerate -- having a random sibling show up all day and hang aroiund a shop. Unless maybe they hired two of them, or felt they were getting a second worker for free. Must be close friends of the family or something, because that would be awkward....But I would be very reluctant to hire a nanny who brought along a younger sibling to babysit them :shock:

It's not a great endorsement of someone's maturity/responsibility that their parents can't trust them alone and insist they always have a chaperone! Who would want a nanny that requires a chaperone of their own? Weird.

Can someone tell me a bit about Chad Paine's family? Are they more mainstream?

Not really, they are Gothard followers. The dad is on the board of iblp.

12paines.com

Iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors

Isn't Alyssa basically as far along as Jill? Jill is huge, Alyssa is tiny however. They both are glowing and seem very happy. Hope everything goes well. It's fascinating what pregnancy does to different women.

Erin looks quite sad in contrast. I hope that if she really wants to become a mom (again), that she gets pregnant soon. Fertility issues are a big strain on a marriage.

Is it just me or does Erin look quite shy whenever she's being hugged or touched by Chad? I don't mean shy as in uncomfortable, rather in a "why are we doing that in public?" kind of way. Erin's a very composed perfectionist, I guess becoming physical hasn't been easy for her and she still looks a bit shy.

Not really, they are Gothard followers. The dad is on the board of iblp.

12paines.com

Iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors

Chad's brother Thomas was working at the IBLP but stated that he doesn't agree with everything they do. I don't know how much he's still involved with IBLP. He married his girlfriend Dakota a few months ago and she wears pants and even shorts. They met at Gothard's headquarter, but she went to community college, works now at a tanning salon and it seems she's a mainstream/conservative christian.

Here's Thomas' blog:

constant-survival.blogspot.de

According to some instagram videos posted by Josh some of the Bates were with the Duggars for Christmas. I know I for sure saw Trace and Nathan.

I'm beginning to think that both families would like to their kids paired together.

Trace, Lawson, Carlin, Josie, and Nathan. I think some of the Bateses were at the Duggars' last Christmas, too, but I can't remember for sure now.

Chad's brother Thomas was working at the IBLP but stated that he doesn't agree with everything they do. I don't know how much he's still involved with IBLP. He married his girlfriend Dakota a few months ago and she wears pants and even shorts. They met at Gothard's headquarter, but she went to community college, works now at a tanning salon and it seems she's a mainstream/conservative christian.

Here's Thomas' blog:

constant-survival.blogspot.de

Yes, and the family seems to have welcomed her (btw he's totally hot - they're a beautiful pair!) - and she didn't even have sleeves on her wedding dress.

Yes, and the family seems to have welcomed her (btw he's totally hot - they're a beautiful pair!) - and she didn't even have sleeves on her wedding dress.

I LOVED her wedding dress. I agree, Thomas is a hottie :embarrassed:

Why would the Bates kids spend Christmas at the Duggars instead of at home with their own parents??

It seems strange to me as well. I think last year people were speculating that there was some kind of courtship in the works, because, like you said, why else would they be there and not with their own family? But nothing came of it, so who knows.

A few months ago Anna commented on an Instagram post that Joy and Lawson make a cute couple. I hope she didn't mean it they way I think she meant it. But yeah, I think we could be looking at a Duggar/Bates courtship at anytime. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, here's a list of Duggars and Bates that are of age and on the market:

Duggars:

Jana

JD

Jinger

Joseph

Josiah

Bates:

Lawson

Nathan

Tori

And of course each year we can keep adding to the list.

A few months ago Anna commented on an Instagram post that Joy and Lawson make a cute couple. I hope she didn't mean it they way I think she meant it.

What was the comment? Do you have a screenshot/do you know which post it was? I hope not too. That's just too big an age gap. He's 22, she's 17. She's a minor, jeez.

I think it said "don't they make a cute couple" or something like that. It was posted here after it was seen on Anna's

Instagram. It's probably in one of the Duggar threads. I'll search for it. But yeah, Joy is too young for Lawson. He's a grown ass man, and she's a teenager. Ewwww!

I wouldn't say it's too big an age gap, but Joy has said herself on multiple occasions over the past few months that she doesn't want to get married any time soon. I'd be really surprised if she were courting or even pre-courting anyone.

I don't know what's "ewww" about a five-year age gap. I honestly don't understand this "until you're 17, you're a child, and when you're 18, all of a sudden you're a grown adult" kind of thinking. But it seems to be very much an American thing.

Since girls tend to be much more mature than their same-age male peers, in my experience, two to five years is a perfectly normal age gap. And in their case, it wouldn't even be like there would be any sexual component to the relationship, so I understand even less what could possibly be "ew" about a hypothetical relationship.

That being said, I sincerely hope that they are not "special friends." Be free, Joy!

Kinda proud of Erin & Alyssa both spending Christmas at their inlaws. I feel like the Duggars expect every child to spend every holiday in the Tinkertoy House until eternity.

The age gap between Joyless and Lawson is about the same amount of years as between Zach/Whitney and John/Alyssa. All of those men are FIVE years (or nearly five years) older than the women in question. The thing with age gaps is the older the couple gets the less it matters. I personally still find the age gap between Jessa and Ben inappropriate for who they are (fundies, male breadwinner ONLY, expected to pop out children until Jessa's uterus falls out and runs away screaming) but if they were a normal college junior and senior, dating, NOT MARRIED and expected to start a family ASAP it wouldn't be as big of a deal. In a couple of years it won't be an issue at all, except for the fact that Ben will most likely be a father of two with another on the way at 21 and a half years old.

So while a Joyless/Lawson pairing wouldn't be appropriate right now, if Joyless waits until she's just turned, say, 23 like her mother did, that wouldn't be so bad. Lawson would be 28 by that point though, and waiting that long to have RIGHTEOUS ORGASMS can't be easy.

It does seem really strange five of the Bates' offspring spent Christmas (that's supposed to be the biggest holiday to Xtians, is it not?) with friends and not family. I can definitely see some intermarrying among the middle/younger Duggar and Bates kids.

The age gap between Joyless and Lawson is about the same amount of years as between Zach/Whitney and John/Alyssa. All of those men are FIVE years (or nearly five years) older than the women in question. The thing with age gaps is the older the couple gets the less it matters. I personally still find the age gap between Jessa and Ben inappropriate for who they are (fundies, male breadwinner ONLY, expected to pop out children until Jessa's uterus falls out and runs away screaming) but if they were a normal college junior and senior, dating, NOT MARRIED and expected to start a family ASAP it wouldn't be as big of a deal. In a couple of years it won't be an issue at all, except for the fact that Ben will most likely be a father of two with another on the way at 21 and a half years old.

So while a Joyless/Lawson pairing wouldn't be appropriate right now, if Joyless waits until she's just turned, say, 23 like her mother did, that wouldn't be so bad. Lawson would be 28 by that point though, and waiting that long to have RIGHTEOUS ORGASMS can't be easy.

It does seem really strange five of the Bates' offspring spent Christmas (that's supposed to be the biggest holiday to Xtians, is it not?) with friends and not family. I can definitely see some intermarrying among the middle/younger Duggar and Bates kids.

Yeah, it's not it's age gap, it's the ages themselves being so different, even if girls are forced to be more mature. Like, think about yourself at 17, and then at 22. Big difference! There's just a lot of changing and maturing that happens during those transition years to adulthood. I totally agree, 23/28 wouldn't be so bad at all.

I would rather see Lawson and Jinger together. Maybe they could live in Nashville together and Jinger could have her city life

If they were actually secure enough in their parenting to let a daughter live away from their immediate vicinity, Nashville would be a good choice of locale. I live here and see many of their style of fundie here. Of course there's ATI stuff here and the other Duggars could use the daughter being here as an excuse to buy a big property on the cheap that has enough room for them and their friends to stay there when they do Christian networking stuff in the area (they're here a lot, seemingly.) Josh's DC house conveniently has a whole basement for Michelle and JB to stay in and ditch the kids in the bus, after all...

I still maintain that Joy will marry young, and make a very practical match because she is very mature seemingly, at times seems to run the whole farm right now, relates very well with most males I've seen interact with her, and she sees now that the best way to do her own thing without causing drama is to marry and get out. JB was famously slow in letting the older four start to go and may not like the idea, but he might also be impressed by the quality of her potential suitors. Joy is someone many a future preacher or political type would be intrigued by, because she's intelligent and gets stuff done.

Lawson looks inappropriate as hell on this side of 18, but this is a guy who has owned his own business for years and is having a little success with music. Definitely not someone who is going to need a job from JB anytime soon. Heck, if the music takes off he might even be able to buy a house!

Archived