IGNORED

Lori Alexander's tax fraud statements make sense now

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/08/ctbhhm-from-thievery-to-tax-fraud.html

It all makes sense now. Debi (Lori's God and Savior) encourages participating in tax fraud because it's no big deal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of this is that people like the Paranoid Pearls (Who I remember for 1) their honeymoon horror story and 2) their discussing teaching their children to flee the house if the 'government" raided them) think stealing from people is BAD. But lying, stealing or avoiding doing things correctly when dealing with the government is, really, GOOD.

I am still stunned that Lori has actually met these people and like them, but it tells me about her. I wonder how Ken would like old Mike and Debi showing up to take him to dinner when he was networking at a big dental conference, because you know their very look would attract attention.

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/08/ctbhhm-from-thievery-to-tax-fraud.html

It all makes sense now. Debi (Lori's God and Savior) encourages participating in tax fraud because it's no big deal.

My husband doesn't quite understand my fascination with FJ yet here's why: Both Debi Pearl and Lori Alexander are extremely dangerous. Heaven help the woman who truly follows their advice!

I've never really read much about the Pearls because I actually become physically uncomfortable when I do, but WOW!! After reading her tax fraud advice, I clicked around and found the honeymoon story. That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. Nothing illustrates how fundie men feel about women quite as clearly as that story. And I can certainly see now why Lori admires them so much. Evil is drawn to evil, I guess.

Now I need to take a shower and bleach my eyeballs.

I've never really read much about the Pearls because I actually become physically uncomfortable when I do, but WOW!! After reading her tax fraud advice, I clicked around and found the honeymoon story. That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. Nothing illustrates how fundie men feel about women quite as clearly as that story. And I can certainly see now why Lori admires them so much. Evil is drawn to evil, I guess.

Now I need to take a shower and bleach my eyeballs.

Sometimes when I get scathing mad at Debi Pearl, I have to remember that she was raped repeatedly on her honeymoon and probably several times after that. I have to give her a little bit of grace.

Two things:

1) how do you get that pop-up to close on the patheos website? It's slightly off-screen and I can't find an "x" to x out of it - and it's blocking the bottom 1/4 of my screen.

2) Where is the honeymoon story?

ah, yes... the convoluted logic of fundies.

Two things:

1) how do you get that pop-up to close on the patheos website? It's slightly off-screen and I can't find an "x" to x out of it - and it's blocking the bottom 1/4 of my screen.

2) Where is the honeymoon story?

ah, yes... the convoluted logic of fundies.

I don't know what you mean by the pop-up.

Honeymoon story:patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2014/07/quoting-quiverfull-michael-and-debi-pearls-honeymoon/

I don't know what you mean by the pop-up.

Honeymoon story:patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2014/07/quoting-quiverfull-michael-and-debi-pearls-honeymoon/

There's nothing joyful or loving about that story. Wow.

Sometimes when I get scathing mad at Debi Pearl, I have to remember that she was raped repeatedly on her honeymoon and probably several times after that. I have to give her a little bit of grace.

Good point. I certainly felt sick for the young bride I was reading about in that horror story. I have a feeling that scenario is played out with most fundie wedding nights. It makes me so incredibly sad and I can't imagine how a man feels good about himself promoting such behavior. I'm looking at YOU, Ken Alexander :evil-eye:

Thanks. I read it and - holy crap.

Beside the selfishness of his sleeping while she worked (not to mention having to cook on her own honeymoon), didn't he know she would hurt in "the part that (she) didn't even know existed?" And he continued to do it...

Beside the selfishness of his sleeping while she worked (not to mention having to cook on her own honeymoon), didn't he know she would hurt in "the part that (she) didn't even know existed?" And he continued to do it...

I am completely horrified by that part of the story. TMI probably, but I feel roughed up after having sex two days in a row. Then I need a day to rest. I can't imagine double digits in a matter of a couple days.

Oh he knew, I'm sure. These men think it's their right to make their wives hurt. After all, they've waited a long time for sex and her body is now theirs. I suspect these men take pleasure in causing their wives pain during sex. It only makes them feel more manly.

Debi Pearl is one messed up person.

And I think she's lying.

I really doubt these women are refusing to sign off because hubby mowed the neighbor's lawn for $30 and "forgot" to report it. For one thing, many of these SAHM families struggle to make their budget. They are relieved when some extra money can be made and generally aren't too concerned about reporting such small amounts to the government. Like garage sale money. I'm doubting these wives have intrinsic motivation to make sure every single bit of income is reported.

No, I am thinking it is stuff that is really wrong. Stuff they can really get in trouble for. Stuff worth standing up to Hubs and telling him a big fat NO.

For awhile I attended a non-denom church that I thought my husband would feel comfortable in when he came back. The women were asked to attend a women's seminar type thing where the Pearls and blanket training were taught but also blind obedience. When I asked, what if your husband asked you to commit adultery, then I was told it was the wife's fault that her husband sought out such things, clearly she is not close enough to God and not obedient enough to her husband. She needs to pray more and she needs to pray without ceasing while performing whatever it is her husband has instructed her to do.

That is just outright crap.

It's not crap..... if you are a man. Then it's a Golden Ticket to literally do whatever/ask for whatever you like with zero responsibility. It's the word of the Lord!

Real question.

Please don't call the IRS on me!

But is it normal to report ALL additional income? I'm babysitting tomorrow, and I certainly don't plan on reporting that on my taxes. I just never have, and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone who does. I babysit maybe a couple times a year. Is that illegal? Is it abnormal? Do y'all report small earnings like that?

Real question.

But is it normal to report ALL additional income? I'm babysitting tomorrow, and I certainly don't plan on reporting that on my taxes. I just never have, and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone who does. I babysit maybe a couple times a year. Is that illegal? Is it abnormal? Do y'all report small earnings like that?

I don't, unless I make a significant amount at it during the year. That is, the only time I ever have, was when I was basically a full time, well paid nanny for about 8 months :whistle:

Real question.

Ha ha I see your tiny font!

Taxpayers are to report all income from all sources. That's the law.

The reality is that the IRS has a difficult time policing things like garage sales. And babysitting. And mowing the neighbor's lawn.

So they don't go after it. I work for an accounting firm, I do taxes for a living, we don't sweat income like that and personally I would not bother reporting it unless it benefits you in some ways, like you can take a sched c loss.

Debi's assertion that these wives are nitpicking over inconsequential matters is almost certainly an outright lie.

I don't, unless I make a significant amount at it during the year. That is, the only time I ever have, was when I was basically a full time, well paid nanny for about 8 months :whistle:

Oh, thank goodness. I was starting to think I was some kind of criminal. I did make a $200-$300 dollars tutoring one year that I didn't report. Honestly, I didn't even think of it. I think I thought there was some kind of legal limit about what you do/don't have to report. Googling it now, it appears that is not the case.

I just read the Honeymoon entry....

....if I didn't already know it was real, I would assume it was a troll/parody.

Serious, what the literal fuck?

Oh, thank goodness. I was starting to think I was some kind of criminal. I did make a $200-$300 dollars tutoring one year that I didn't report. Honestly, I didn't even think of it. I think I thought there was some kind of legal limit about what you do/don't have to report. Googling it now, it appears that is not the case.

Are you thinking of the fact that you need to gross $3000 before you are required to file a tax return? :) I know a girl who thought that was a limit before you had to report any particular income source, but that's not the case.

Edit to clarify my point

Here's the answer to the tax question:

"Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.†And they marveled at him."-- Mark 12:17

These are Christ's own words. What part of that don't you get, Lori? Do you even read the Bible as a whole or just cherry pick from it? Your reader posted a legitimate question. Instead of giving her the correct Biblical answer, you pretty much called her a troll. You did this because you were too lazy to pick up your Bible and because it makes your whole submission ministry look like the fallacy that it is.

Are you thinking of the fact that you need to gross $3000 before you are required to file a tax return? :) I know a girl who thought that was a limit before you had to report any particular income source, but that's not the case.

Edit to clarify my point

No, I guess I just thought there was some sort of caveat for "Oh, yeah, I babysit sometimes and earn $50."

The way Michael spoke about Debi in the honeymoon story was like someone describing a corpse. Very chilling. This guy HAS to be a psychopath. The way he views other people is like a kid poking a dead animal with a stick, wondering what it's all about. No concept of others as people, at all. He wasn't confused because she was a woman. He was confused because she had feelings and was expressing them, and he doesn't know what feelings are. If I ever met him, I would run in the other direction and not stop until I was at least 500 miles away. Bar none one of the creepiest people I have ever seen.

The way Michael spoke about Debi in the honeymoon story was like someone describing a corpse. Very chilling. This guy HAS to be a psychopath. The way he views other people is like a kid poking a dead animal with a stick, wondering what it's all about. No concept of others as people, at all. He wasn't confused because she was a woman. He was confused because she had feelings and was expressing them, and he doesn't know what feelings are. If I ever met him, I would run in the other direction and not stop until I was at least 500 miles away. Bar none one of the creepiest people I have ever seen.

There is no way Michael Pearl could be anything but a psychopath. Everything he writes is a big red flag.

Archived